Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coyle interview with the Daily Mail

+4
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Fri Mar 02 2012, 17:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A bit too upbeat and sugar coated for my liking but some will enjoy the read.

The bit I liked the best was this quote -

'I just hope we can stay up. I think that we will.

‘I have been very fortunate that I have had seven years of reasonable success and I think I have shown that I have become a better manager.

In fact, I am a better manager now than I have ever been.’

Makes me wonder how good he was when he started off then!

Anyway read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

only read the bits you picked out, but again, he isn't going to say "We're going down, I'm sick of life, i want to murder people"

He's paid to sugar coat it.

Does he wear shorts all the fricking time.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:only read the bits you picked out, but again, he isn't going to say "We're going down, I'm sick of life, i want to murder people"

He's paid to sugar coat it.

I was meaning the article written by the journalist in general rather than what Coyle specifically said - it talks about his 81 year old mum, him sacking his best mate (who is now our reserve team manager!), why he still wants to wear shorts so he can get a game, etc, etc.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In that case i apologise i assumed you meant about staying up.

I didn't read it, quite frankly I've had enough of reading the nonsense that he, and the players come out with. I know why they come out with it, but It's not for me.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:In that case i apologise i assumed you meant about staying up.

I didn't read it, quite frankly I've had enough of reading the nonsense that he, and the players come out with. I know why they come out with it, but It's not for me.

I don't believe you've stopped "following" Stuart Holden.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i haven't, he doesn't really come out with stuff like that.

he rarely talks about Bolton on his twitter apart from to say he hopes we win.

there's no uri gellar bullshit which is the kind of stuff i mean.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No apology required and I too only read / view Coyle's interviews myself these days to post them up on here for others to see - if they want too.

Personally I think we've done the 'why does he spout such shite?' discussion to death already - but at the end of the day he is still our manager and folk still want to listen to what he wants to say - that's why I still start these threads even though I've long stopped believing myself anything he actually says!

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I actually think you use these threads as a vehicle to spout off about Coyle, Sluffy.

You're acting as a poster rather than a moderator.

Every article you write about something that Coyle has said contains your own opinion and attempted sarcasm.

So while I appreciate the link to an interview I wasn't aware of, I think you're unfair on Coyle in general and if it's your intention to stimulate discussion, fair play to you because you achieve that objective, but it wouldn't do any harm whatsoever to have a more balanced view of the club from the site admin, would it?

Last edited by largehat on Sat Mar 03 2012, 20:54; edited 1 time in total

10Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sat Mar 03 2012, 20:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't see why the mods shouldn't still have an opinion.

I think Sluffy is way too harsh on Coyle personally, and it's very obvious, clearly he's not a fan.

but i don't see why thats a bad thing, it's just an opinion.

11Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sat Mar 03 2012, 20:54

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster, I don't disagree with you, I'm just making the point that I find Sluffy's digs at Coyle both predictable and unfair and a bit more of a reasoned view wouldn't do any harm.

12Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sat Mar 03 2012, 20:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah he does have a dig at him quite often, clearly he's lost patience.

definitely no more predictable than certain other posters though, and to be honest he doesn't post all that often!

13Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sat Mar 03 2012, 21:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Fwiw my view of Coyle is reasoned as far as I'm concerned.

His record of league games from and including the 29th December 2010 (fourteen months in total and way before the Stoke semi-final) is played 46, won 11, drawn 4, lost THIRTY-ONE!!!

We've won just 37points in the equivalent of a season and a quarter!

He's had THREE transfer windows and the services of Holden, Lee Elmander, Sturridge for periods over that time.

People can hold whatever view they like about him but the records show that he simply hasn't got the strategic ability needed of a Premier League manager to be successful.

The bottom line is that any manager has to manage the resources at his disposal in the most effective, efficient and economical way he can - if you or anyone else believes Coyle has - then I dread to think what your view of a poor manager must be.

I would hazard a guess that Coyle as the worst league results record of ANY league manager during the last 14 months period.

Yet you think my view of him is unreasonable and unfair!?

Last edited by Sluffy on Sat Mar 03 2012, 22:08; edited 1 time in total

14Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sat Mar 03 2012, 22:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

When he first started at bolton and you would have showed me them stats I may have defended him as, like many others really thought he was the guy to lead us onto better things after megson.

However I have lost all faith him this season, forget wembley but just by the home games alone this season, it's been some of the worst performances I have ever seen.

As for if we get relegated, for people who think we will bounce straight back up I really have to disagree. I think we may struggle if we went down to be honest as I really doubt we would ba able to hang onto players like Holden, Lee and N'gog.

Even with Lee and Holden being out this season, make no mistake about it there will always be teams ready to take a chance on players with the quality which they have.

15Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sat Mar 03 2012, 22:12

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy puts all sorts up for us to look at, and I not only thnk he's entitled to an opinon, I agree 100% with him about OC. The manager hasn't lost his way, I actually think he's still looking for it, and nowadays that level of work is done in the lower leagues, and not the PL. i.e. he was given the responsibility of a Pl club too soon.

16Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sun Mar 04 2012, 00:37

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If we stay up it will be in spite of Coyle not because of Coyle. The stats don't lie. Losing to Wigan was unforgivable. Our only hope is that other teams fuck up.

Even if we go down I suspect we will still be stuck with Coyle and I am 100% certain that Coyle will be unable to get us promoted in the following or any other season. Going down will be a disaster and you only have to look at some of the "big" clubs that have been relegated to see what our fate will be. No money and no prospects.

17Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sun Mar 04 2012, 12:42

largehat wrote:I actually think you use these threads as a vehicle to spout off about Coyle, Sluffy.

You're acting as a poster rather than a moderator.

That's because he is a poster largehat, we all are. And everyone is entitled to their opinion.

We aren't like other sites, we're not looking for a sponsor or to put ads on the site - it's an old cliche but this really is a site created by the fans for the fans.

Sluffy is no different to you or Natasha or Hipster, he is here because he is a fan of Bolton Wanderers, the fact he is a moderator shouldn't prevent him giving his opinion.

But he does talk rubbish at times, you're right Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

18Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sun Mar 04 2012, 12:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think you're right. Its more than likely the whole infrastructure that will have to change, all dictated by the finances, but I think our biggest problem will be thinking we are still a 'big' team. Its at times like this that we would probably get a good kicking by the opposition, because they are already focused on what needs to be done.

19Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sun Mar 04 2012, 12:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I think you're right. Its more than likely the whole infrastructure that will have to change, all dictated by the finances, but I think our biggest problem will be thinking we are still a 'big' team. Its at times like this that we would probably get a good kicking by the opposition, because they are already focused on what needs to be done.

When we get relegated Coyle MUST be sacked. It's already pretty amazing he's kept his job with such an inept record.

20Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Empty Re: Coyle interview with the Daily Mail Sun Mar 04 2012, 12:50

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Agreed, but when we go down his CV will be enhamced, i.e. PL experience, making him, in Garside's view, an excellent prospect, and the ideal manager for the Championship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum