Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer?

+5
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
JakeSnake
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:36 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just saw his name on twitter apparently we're interested.

2Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:37 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leeds and Bolton are in talks over a possible swap deal involving Matt Mills and Lee Peltier, Sky Sports understands.

Mills has been a long-term target for Leeds boss Brian McDermott, and he could now see a deal come to fruition.

Mills knows McDermott well from their time together at Reading, and Bolton appear keen on a deal - as the 27-year-old has struggled since his move from Leicester City last summer.

The deal has been made possible by Peltier's inclusion in the deal, and like Mills he could be moving just 12 months after his last transfer.

Peltier signed for Leeds last summer, also from Leicester where coincidentally he was a team-mate of Mills.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks Sluffy! Cool 

4Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:49 pm

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

I'd be we'll happy with that deal

5Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:02 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see the benefit. Peltier's tiny for a CB (stated as 5'10'' in some places and 5'8'' in others) He's 26. He has no track record of success at any recognised level. He is a RB by trade.
In theory he's quite versatile - but by no stretch of the imagination is he the dominant composed CB that we need.
If Dougie goes for Peltier as CB he will get his pants pulled down.
What concerns me more than anything is that Matt Mills was decent before he came to us. He needs a shrink to get him back on track as he has proven he has the talent in the past.

6Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:30 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NIXON rubbishing the story -

Q - is the Mills and Peltier story true? Peltier any good?

NIXON - Leeds have wanted Mills for ages. But just signed Wootton ... a bit odd. Checking.

- Nothing in that swap deal

- No contact

7Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:32 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The bolton news have put in the paper today that Leeds are probably no longer in for Mills due to the Wootton signing.

8Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 1:36 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Why would any manager want Mills at all, let alone after signing Wooten?

Thanks Owen. [copyright Sluffy]

9Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:00 pm

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We Andy Todd was a little fart but you wouldn't argue with him! Very Happy

10Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:03 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Mills just needs to get his finger out and get back to the form he once had - as is true of a number of our players.

11Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:24 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster should burn for getting my hopes up - I was dancing around the room when I thought we were signing a 5'8'' centre half.

12Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:26 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hipster should burn for getting my hopes up - I was dancing around the room when I thought we were signing a 5'8'' centre half.
The other half is also 5'8'' - the lad's a giant.

13Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Empty Re: Lee Peltier for Mills - The Answer? Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:04 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Aye.. sounds like another good 'un alright :whistle:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum