Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Printer!!!!!

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Printer!!!!! Empty Printer!!!!! Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:18

waynagain

waynagain
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just went to Walmart(ASDA) to buy a new ink cartridge for my printer. They have a Canon Pixma printer, scanner, copier on sale (it comes with ink cartridges) for LESS than the cost of buying the ink cartridges!!!!!! MADNESS!!!!!

2Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Thu Aug 29 2013, 16:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Printers are nightmares. Just total bastard pieces of technology. Cartiridges and all.

I find HP the best value for money though.

3Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Thu Aug 29 2013, 17:06

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

We had the same problem last year with our printer, it was a few years old and it somehow worked out better to buy a new printer with ink already in it than just buying cartridges on their own.

As Doff said, HP printers are the best, though I still can't understand why they are so dear to be honest.

4Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Sat Aug 31 2013, 23:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:We had the same problem last year with our printer, it was a few years old and it somehow worked out better to buy a new printer with ink already in it than just buying cartridges on their own.

As Doff said, HP printers are the best, though I still can't understand why they are so dear to be honest.
HP ink is more expensive due to the print head being built into the ink cartridge and not the actual printer.  When the ink is replaced every time, the printer gets a new print head which gives you the best quality print outs possible.  Also other manufacturers possibly don't have the technology to manufacture these or due to patents, also HP printers should last a very long time.

Other brands such as Epson for example have the print head built into the printer allowing 3rd party companies to manufacture ink a lot cheaper where the downside to this is that depending on how much printing you do, the print heads wear out forcing the user to buy a new printer after time.

I do disagree that HP printers are the best.

Hope this helps Smile

5Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Sat Aug 31 2013, 23:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Printers are nightmares. Just total bastard pieces of technology. Cartiridges and all.

I find HP the best value for money though.
Not sure how you find HP the best value for money...

6Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Wed Sep 20 2023, 11:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My HP printer just conked out. Had more trouble with printers than any other piece of technology.

7Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Wed Sep 20 2023, 12:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a dicky printer. It’s an Epson and we have had it for a good few years. It’s just a little temperamental after I knocked a bottle of IPA beer all over it but luckily still works.

Will be getting another Epson when it conks out. Very Happy

8Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Wed Sep 20 2023, 12:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:We have a dicky printer. It’s an Epson and we have had it for a good few years. It’s just a little temperamental after I knocked a bottle of IPA beer all over it but luckily still works.

Happily, printers are quite cheap, and I use the HP instant ink system.
For £1.99 a month, the printer detects when I need more ink, informs HP, and they send it in the post.

9Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Wed Sep 20 2023, 12:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:We have a dicky printer. It’s an Epson and we have had it for a good few years. It’s just a little temperamental after I knocked a bottle of IPA beer all over it but luckily still works.

Happily, printers are quite cheap, and I use the HP instant ink system.
For £1.99 a month, the printer detects when I need more ink, informs HP, and they send it in the post.

The good thing about HP is that it has the print head built into the ink cartridge which results in great results every time but usually the downsides are expensive genuine cartridges. £1.99 per month is cheap for your prints though.

Our Epson can take generic ink which we get off eBay in bulk for between £10-15 and lasts a long time.

We just usually chuck it out when it’s been heavily used and buy a new one that accepts generic ink.

10Printer!!!!! Empty Re: Printer!!!!! Wed Sep 20 2023, 12:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

The good thing about HP is that it has the print head built into the ink cartridge which results in great results every time but usually the downsides are expensive genuine cartridges. £1.99 per month is cheap for your prints though.

Our Epson can take generic ink which we get off eBay in bulk for between £10-15 and lasts a long time.

We just usually chuck it out when it’s been heavily used and buy a new one that accepts generic ink.

Don't do as much printing as I used to, but I get requests to print photos, which are pretty ink heavy, so £1.99 a month is pretty much a bargain. It can go up depending on how much printing you do of course.
A lot of people are wary of printers due to the initial set up, which can be intimidating if you're a novice. I'm tired of being asked to set up a printer for a mate, who can't be arsed doing a bit of work for themselves.
It's pretty simple if you just follow the steps. Mind you, it's even simpler if you just get the dickhead up the road to do it for you. Evil or Very Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum