Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton?

+6
Michael Bolton
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sat Sep 07 2013, 23:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

After South Korea game the other night one of the korean commentators heaped praise on him and was quoted:-

One leading Asian commentator, John Duerden, tweeted: “Lee Chung-Yong is still a very good player. He’s wasting his career at Bolton in the Championship.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Do you think he is right?

Personally from the commentators quotes, Lee seems to be putting in much better performances for his country than he has done for us because I have seen little to suggest he is top quality player.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He is neither too good nor not good enough for this level.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His heart and soul is in it playing for his country.

Unfortunately playing for Bolton is like just another day at the factory.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No end product and the worst crosser in the squad. Not good qualities for a winger.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Since Dougie stopped using him as a winger and tasked him to play across the line he's done OK but not brilliant. His work rate has been excellent and he challenges for everything but it's not his natural role and when he wins it he doesn't look sure what to do with it, but maybe that's because he doesn't get enough support around him quickly enough. He was poor at Burnley running around like a headless chicken - no problems with effort as he tried to tackle everything that moved but just ended up getting himself booked. Better in subsequent games, but not great.
He gets a more (natural to him) creative wide role with S Korea so obviously he looks better for them.
But in the system that Dougie has played recently, there's been no place for a wide man so he's had to  do what he's been asked and despite all his running and effort it's not natural for him.

I have to agree with the commentator - he is wasted at Bolton in that system which I hope Dougie has the sense to reconsider.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When did Lee last cross a ball into the box that resulted in a goal for Bolton?

Blame Dougie, blame the tactics, blame whatever you want - but Lee is a highly paid professional footballer who can't even do the basics.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:When did Lee last cross a ball into the box that resulted in a goal for Bolton?

Blame Dougie, blame the tactics, blame whatever you want - but Lee is a highly paid professional footballer who can't even do the basics.
I don't agree. He did look really good in his first season, a really clever footballer. But he doesn't look the same player since his injury. I don't know why people like you rate him so much, he doesn't do anything.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

But Dougie doesn't have the sense to reconsider. It's obvious to everyone (except Dougie) that Lee is a right winger and a very good and natural one. Oh let's play him on the left then or no this week in the middle. For God's sake Freedman you cretin play people in their best positions if you want the best from them. Use a system to fit the players not your obscure ridiculous bloody diamond formation which any idiot would by now have realised doesn't work. The problem's Freedman he could make Ronaldo look bad. Yes Chungy is wasted here and so are any other decent players with this useless git.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Bolton wrote:
I don't agree. He did look really good in his first season, a really clever footballer. But he doesn't look the same player since his injury. I don't know why people like you rate him so much, he doesn't do anything.
I don't rate him you absolute bellend. Learn to read.

10Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:07

Whitesince63 wrote:But Dougie doesn't have the sense to reconsider. It's obvious to everyone (except Dougie) that Lee is a right winger and a very good and natural one. Oh let's play him on the left then or no this week in the middle. For God's sake Freedman you cretin play people in their best positions if you want the best from them. Use a system to fit the players not your obscure ridiculous bloody diamond formation which any idiot would by now have realised doesn't work. The problem's Freedman he could make Ronaldo look bad. Yes Chungy is wasted here and so are any other decent players with this useless git.
He's played his best football this season in the free role he was given at QPR and Blackburn (at the tip of the diamond). He's had plenty of anonymous performances on the right the last couple of years but against Blackburn and QPR he looked more confident and keen to get on the ball, I think he's enjoying the free role as it gives him better opportunity to pick up space.

11Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:34

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's a right winger ok?

12Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Played well the last couple of games, before them he was anonymous.

hopefully he's starting to find his feet again.

13Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Played well the last couple of games, before them he was anonymous.

hopefully he's starting to find his feet again.
Yes, maybe he'll finally get over that injury from 2 years ago.

It's just an excuse for a shit player. He'd actually gone shit before his injury, Coyle had started leaving him out.

There comes a point when you have to accept a player is not going to rediscover what he once had and move on. Knowing BWFC, I suspect that point will probably come when his contract is up.

14Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 11:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not making an excuse i think he's been very poor since his injury, most have said so anyhow.

but the last 2 games I think he's been a bright spot.

nothing more than that really. I think we all hoped he'd have done better than he has.

15Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 12:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He has pace and energy and I can understand why Freedman gave him this new role, but the team isn't balanced playing a narrow diamond so it isn't working, although Lee personally has been OK (not exceptional) in the last couple.

16Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 12:15

wanderlust wrote:He has pace and energy and I can understand why Freedman gave him this new role, but the team isn't balanced playing a narrow diamond so it isn't working, although Lee personally has been OK (not exceptional) in the last couple.
True. 

With Eagles and Moritz now fit I can't see him sticking with the diamond again though.

17Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 12:18

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Wanna bet?

18Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 12:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would rather we play 4141 than the diamond, we have no width with the diamond and the full backs don't push on as much as they should.

19Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 13:54

I still think 4231 suits the players we have at our disposal best. Medo and Spearing holding, leaving Moritz, Eagles, Hall, Lee (3 out of them) to support Beckford.

20Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Empty Re: Chungy - a wasted talent at Bolton? Sun Sep 08 2013, 15:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee and Holden are two of the worst players to wear the shirt, the sooner they both fuckoff the better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum