Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theory & Hazard perception tests

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 13:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm going to be sitting my Theory and Hazard awareness tests in a couple of weeks, for some reason I am finding it harder to do than the practical side of driving. Their are some really strange questions IMO.

Did anyone have the same problem and does anyone got tips on passing the tests?

2Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Re: Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 15:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually failed my theory at 17 and then didn't come back to it until i finished uni when i was about 23.

the second time around i bought one of them books with all the questions and crammed it for a fortnight, passed first time, hazard perception was very easy IMO but depends on the person, If you're worried about it you can get a CD version to try at home.

3Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Re: Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 15:34

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Can't help I'm afraid. I passd my motorbike test in 1968, and my car test in 1975

4Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Re: Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 15:46

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You are right about one thing Aaron, they do ask some bloody stupid questions. I remember stopping distances and the number of feet it takes to stop at like 50mph, but as if people can visualise what 150ft is for example. 
Like Hipster says, get one of those books and prepare as much as possible and you should be fine.

5Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Re: Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 15:59

Passed my test 13 years ago so didn't have to do the hazard awareness part of the test. Looked through the book of theory questions a couple of times a day for about a week before and passed no problem.

6Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Re: Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 16:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Michael Bolton wrote:You are right about one thing Aaron, they do ask some bloody stupid questions. I remember stopping distances and the number of feet it takes to stop at like 50mph, but as if people can visualise what 150ft is for example. 
Like Hipster says, get one of those books and prepare as much as possible and you should be fine.
Those types of questions I can kind of understand but their is one where it asks if you pull up at an accident and you are giving CPR, how far down on the injured persons chest do you need to press down?

Surely that's a first aid question not driving?

7Theory & Hazard perception tests Empty Re: Theory & Hazard perception tests Mon Sep 09 2013, 19:25

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Those types of questions I can kind of understand but their is one where it asks if you pull up at an accident and you are giving CPR, how far down on the injured persons chest do you need to press down?

Surely that's a first aid question not driving?
aaron, you are quite right. It's nothing to do with driving. My answer to that question would be that I am not medically qualified to give CPR but if needs must then I will give it a go until the emergency services arrive.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum