Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The BBC

+6
Michael Bolton
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
gloswhite
scottjames30
Angry Dad
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The BBC Empty The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:19

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Is it on the way out? I think people are getting pissed off paying the fee and these twats taking the piss with it and all the shit going on,I for one would not miss it at all.

2The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 10:27

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't even watch the BBC, its shite, I watch SKY news, its just another money making rip off that wants fucking off.

3The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:24

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

the problem with the BBC is that its been run by anti-government, (whichever one is in), lefties for years. Using and busing their power along with costing the country hundreds of millions while they do it.

4The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:27

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I spent 6 months on Ascension Island, (mid Atlantic), a few years ago, and was surprised to see that the BBC ran the island. They handled the administration and everything, although there was a head honcho, (Governor), appointed by the government.

5The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:30

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't have a problem with it.

6The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:35

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:the problem with the BBC is that its been run by anti-government, (whichever one is in), lefties for years. Using and busing their power along with costing the country hundreds of millions while they do it.
Good point. Some of the BBC programmes clearly show obvious bias. They should be totally independent and report things as they see it but most of the bigwigs and fatcats running the corporation know exactly which side their bread is buttered on.

They sacrifice their principles for lucre. I am sure they start off at the bottom of the ladder with the right intentions but as we all know, power corrupts.

7The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:48

I'm a big fan of the BBC. In terms of their news channel they can pick and choose stories a little, but the TV shows they produce are fantastic. Watched a couple of great documentaries i recorded off BBC 4 on Otis Redding and Bobby Womack the other day too, quality stuff.

ITV is complete shit I'd rather they disappeared.

8The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:50

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I can see why there needed to be a TV license donkeys years ago before even adverts existed in order to fund television programmes. But in 2013 it is crazy. It seems outrageous that people have no choice but to pay this licence fee too, that must be illegal.
TV in general is rubbish nowadays. I remember the days 20 years back when you could watch BBC from 7pm until 9pm almost every night and enjoy it. I don't think I ever watch BBC on an evening now. And as for Christmas Day, Jesus Christ - Dr Who, Eastenders, The Queens Speech, Strictly Come Dancing, jesus, does someone really think people like that shit?

9The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:51

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think ITV is far worse. God, I'm tired of cheap, boring game shows fronted by boring people like Philip Schofield and Stephen Mulhearn.

10The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:52

How much is a license? £120? 

I'd rather pay that and have no adverts.

11The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 21:57

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I would like to have the choice of paying

12The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:00

You do have the choice, you either watch TV or you don't.

13The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:03

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I honestly quite like the BBC and its far cheaper than SKY or most other Television platforms.

Look at how many "new" series' they make each year compared to Sky buying in programmes from the US or Australia.

Look at how many channels they have for what we pay in the licence fee (BBC1,2,3,4,CBBC, Cbeebies, BBC News, S4C, BBC Alba, BBC Parliament) not to mention the national radio stations and local radio stations.

Local news programmes such as NWT and LDN News are far superior to the ITV counterparts.

Then there is the web page which is amazing.

Lets not forget the services they provide worldwide with BBC World

More local channel liek BBC America are actually franchises of BBCW and are NOT part of the BBC. Just as much as UKTV is not part of the BBC but is part of BBCW.

So what would you rather have....

£135/annum for teh licence fee or subscription go up by £15-20/month for the BBC Channels (remember BBC are public service channels and have to be paid for).

In The Netherlands everyone still pays for the NED Channels through teh various subscription services with the various companies as the first €20 of any TV subscription goes towards NED, and cannot be forgone unless you do not want to watch TV at all. The same also applies for 90% of all other countries in Europe - the ones that do not have a direct licence payment.

14The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adverts drive me mad so in that respect I still appreciate the BBC. Some of the natural world documentaries by Richard Attenborough have been brilliant.

15The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:04

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

doffcocker wrote:I think ITV is far worse. God, I'm tired of cheap, boring game shows fronted by boring people like Philip Schofield and Stephen Mulhearn.

Stephen Mulhearn always seemed like a person who could have done well if he had an Ant or Dec to present with him. 
I have to say I hate Philip Schofield. I hate shows like The Cube, god it is dreadful. I hate even more than dating show Paddy whats his face. I have always wondered about that show why they never have 30 lads turning their lights on or off and 1 girl who has to impress them?

16The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:06

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Adverts drive me mad so in that respect I still appreciate the BBC. Some of the natural world documentaries by Richard Attenborough have been brilliant.
Programmes like that would never appear on pure commercial TV as there would not be enough audience for them

That is another plus for the BBC they cater for ALL Tastes and not just the lowest common demoninator like ITV, C5 and many digital channels do.

17The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc1874 wrote:You do have the choice, you either watch TV or you don't.
Don't be stupid, I have the choice of watching, but not paying. Why should I pay if I don't want to watch it?

18The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:07

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

FIGHT Very Happy

19The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:09

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Michael Bolton wrote:I have always wondered about that show why they never have 30 lads turning their lights on or off and 1 girl who has to impress them?

Because of what was once said in an interview, and it quite right, how many lads would actually turn off their lights during the main 3 rounds.

In Holland they have tried it a few times and it has failed big-style.  Even the gay and lesbian episodes are more entertaining to watch than 30 men and 1 woman!!![/quote]

20The BBC Empty Re: The BBC Thu Sep 12 2013, 22:09

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ha ! Magoo, you've woken up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum