Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

DF defends his 1 striker selection and will do it again

+5
aaron_bwfc
Norpig
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

One definatley flew over the cuckoos nest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is the most telling point:

Dougie Freedman wrote:“We won’t be going 4-4-2 slinging balls into the box because it’s old fashioned and it’s not the way it works any more,” he said.
We're not going to play a particular way because it's old fashioned! Have you ever heard such bullshit.

Football isn't a fashion you bellend, it's a fucking sport.

Getting the ball in the box and trying to score isn't what football is about anymore, wish someone had told  me sooner. I was under the impression we were shit but turns out we are just playing a new revolutionary game.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's true though if we play 4-4-2 we'd be winning every game 5-0.

not as simple as that folks.

Whatever we're not doing is always the answer, who ever is on the bench is always the player to change things around.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its fine if he wants to play a different system but its always good to have a plan b and even c, so to dismiss this altogether is ridiculous.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Natasha Whittam wrote:This is the most telling point:

Dougie Freedman wrote:“We won’t be going 4-4-2 slinging balls into the box because it’s old fashioned and it’s not the way it works any more,” he said.
We're not going to play a particular way because it's old fashioned! Have you ever heard such bullshit.

Football isn't a fashion you bellend, it's a fucking sport.
Old fashioned?....When did attacking the opposition at home and trying to outscore them with 2 strikers become a bad way of doing things?

Christ on a bike he's losing the plot.

He hasn't said that playing 2 up front is old fashioned aaron, he's played 2 up front plenty of times. He's on about the style of lumping it forward and hoping for the best.

We look most dangerous when we move it quickly but the occasions of that happening are few and far between at the moment.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A popular argument for Coyle getting fired was the constant hoofing. I have no problem with Dougie not intending to play that way, so long as he sees that what he's trying to do is no more effective, modern or not.

A big claim on the Palace boards is that he fancies himself as being deeply intelligent tactically, when the success he had was owed mainly to the quality of players, most of which he signed. I certainly think it's easier to get away with his negative ways when you have a Zaha type player.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be 412111 against Derby after that comment.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

On the bright side, there is at least one person associated with this Bolton team who is willing to attack!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its old fashioned :rofl: 

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we showed any signs of being able to thread inch-perfect passes through or get round the back of defences I'd be in total agreement with DFs approach, but apart from Ngog's superb pass to Beckford we've struggled to break down defences. If DF thinks he can rectify the problem by getting the players to up their effort and concentration - great - but I'm not convinced we have the quality to play our way through.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum