Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement?

+8
Tigermin
observer
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
rammywhite
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Which was the hardest to achieve?

Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_lcap75%Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 75% [ 18 ]
Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% [ 3 ]
Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

I'm amazed that you and 'Lusty' above seem to be more fixated on my opinion of Coyle than the bald facts of the matter - it was the clubs worst home record in our entire 137 year history - fact.

Even if I was wrong about Coyle and he suddenly transformed into the best manager ever - the record books WILL still show he led us to our worst home record EVER!!!

Coyle guided the club to its worst home record ever. Nobody's trying to take that away from you.

The point is you only want to tell half a story because it's better for your argument on it's own than with the other half.

I think we could all write a book on Coyle's fuck ups. The home record thing is a bit petty for me.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I'm amazed that you and 'Lusty' above seem to be more fixated on my opinion of Coyle than the bald facts of the matter - it was the clubs worst home record in our entire 137 year history - fact.

Even if I was wrong about Coyle and he suddenly transformed into the best manager ever - the record books WILL still show he led us to our worst home record EVER!!!

Coyle guided the club to its worst home record ever. Nobody's trying to take that away from you.

The point is you only want to tell half a story because it's better for your argument on it's own than with the other half.

I think we could all write a book on Coyle's fuck ups. The home record thing is a bit petty for me.
Jesus!

Re-read my original post - its not about Coyle!!!

It is about three events that have happened in the last few years that haven't happened before in decades - in the Coyle example - in nearly 150 years!!!

You think such a stat is petty - ok, your opinion - but I'm an old bloke and 150 years ago was before even my granddad was born!

In fact on the same time scale it would be probable that even your grandchildren would not be alive in 150 years time - so to beat a record that as stood for so long by any manager - let alone only at Bolton - takes some doing in my opinion - petty or not!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
In fact on the same time scale it would be probable that even your grandchildren would not be alive in 150 years time - so to beat a record that as stood for so long by any manager - let alone only at Bolton - takes some doing in my opinion - petty or not!
It's a stat that I bet 99% of Bolton fans aren't aware of.

I heard it's also the season we scored the least first half goals and conceded the most second half corners and sold the least matchday programmes and had to refund the most half time pies. It'll take some doing to beat these records.

Thanks Owen!

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
It's a stat that I bet 99% of Bolton fans aren't aware of.

I heard it's also the season we scored the least first half goals and conceded the most second half corners and sold the least matchday programmes and had to refund the most half time pies. It'll take some doing to beat these records.

Thanks Owen!
Christ, no need to start acting like a little baby now.

You clearly thought this thread was a pop at Coyle - it wasn't.

Your mistake.

I thought you were a far more mature poster than someone deliberately deciding to carry on and on about it.

My mistake.

25Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:09 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
Christ, no need to start acting like a little baby now.

You clearly thought this thread was a pop at Coyle - it wasn't.

Your mistake.

I thought you were a far more mature poster than someone deliberately deciding to carry on and on about it.

My mistake.
Lighten up Sluffy.

I think Coyle was a waste of space, no less than you do. I just think there are more reasonable cases for it than this.

26Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:28 pm

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Christ on a bike - the threads not about Coyle!!!

What part of that do you not understand?

27Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:58 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:Christ on a bike - the threads not about Coyle!!!

The thread poll of which he is one of three choices?

The third of your opening post that relates to him?

Your next three posts where you dig further into him?

Fine if you want to drop it.

28Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:59 pm

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

It is a lot more difficult to achieve than it is to fail.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

29Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:33 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

doffcocker wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Christ on a bike - the threads not about Coyle!!!

The thread poll of which he is one of three choices?

The third of your opening post that relates to him?

Your next three posts where you dig further into him?

Fine if you want to drop it.
The thread is about THREE records that were matched or broken in the last few years.

I listed the three events.

Coyle was in charge of the side when one of the three records was set.

Coyle is not the focus of the thread any more than Allardyce or Freedman is - both of whom were in charge at the times of the other two records.

I've made that abundantly clear to you numerous times now.

All my subsequent posts on this thread have been directly in response to YOUR comments on Coyle - not mine!

You clearly jumped to the wrong conclusion from my first post that I'd gone to lengths to create and manufacture this thread solely with the intention to of launching some hidden attack on Coyle, by wrapping it up and partly burying it as part of one of three extraordinary (and historical) achievements by the club recently.

Instead of just accepting you had got the wrong end of the stick and move on, you instead proceeded to become like a dog with a bone and carry on and on about it, despite my constant denial and explanation's.

If I wanted to have a pop at Coyle I would do so openly and make it abundantly clear how I felt about him - not timidly have some sort of sly dig as you seem to think I'm doing by starting this thread.

I had thought you were one of our more perceptive of our posters on here, now I can't make my mind up if you are just simply childish, petulant, or both.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
The thread is about THREE records that were matched or broken in the last few years.

I listed the three events.

Coyle was in charge of the side when one of the three records was set.

Coyle is not the focus of the thread any more than Allardyce or Freedman is - both of whom were in charge at the times of the other two records.

I've made that abundantly clear to you numerous times now.

All my subsequent posts on this thread have been directly in response to YOUR comments on Coyle - not mine!

You clearly jumped to the wrong conclusion from my first post that I'd gone to lengths to create and manufacture this thread solely with the intention to of launching some hidden attack on Coyle, by wrapping it up and partly burying it as part of one of three extraordinary (and historical) achievements by the club recently.

Instead of just accepting you had got the wrong end of the stick and move on, you instead proceeded to become like a dog with a bone and carry on and on about it, despite my constant denial and explanation's.

If I wanted to have a pop at Coyle I would do so openly and make it abundantly clear how I felt about him - not timidly have some sort of sly dig as you seem to think I'm doing by starting this thread.

I had thought you were one of our more perceptive of our posters on here, now I can't make my mind up if you are just simply childish, petulant, or both.
Whether Coyle is the focus of the thread, the subject of a hidden attack or whatever is irrelevant. I have an opinion on the significance of the "achievement" and I provided it as I would have done any way. I don't think I've been antagonistic in this thread. Certainly no more than yourself.

If you find me childish or petulant or both. Well, what can I say? It's your gaff. You hold the cards. Show me the red one and see if I give a shit.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Must be childish then!

Why the fuck do you think I might want to ban you over something as trivial as a fecking little spat like this?

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:Must be childish then!

Why the fuck do you think I might want to ban you over something as trivial as a fecking little spat like this?

Perhaps a more appropriate punishment is have them watch the three goals scored against us in 5 minutes over and over again... and a compilation of our Knightmare errors from this season.  For further problems, throw in Bogdan's bobbles from last season.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

observer wrote:

Perhaps a more appropriate punishment is have them watch the three goals scored against us in 5 minutes over and over again... and a compilation of our Knightmare errors from this season.  For further problems, throw in Bogdan's bobbles from last season.
Too cruel! Shocked 

34Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: Greatest Bolton Managerial Achievement? Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:10 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:

Isn't this thread about managers as opposed to the individual gaffes of squad members?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum