Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Baby P's Mum - Has the world gone mad?

+9
Reebok_Rebel
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Mr Magoo
Alf Hooker
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Peter was 17 months old when he died on August 3 2007.

Baby P's Mum - Has the world gone mad? 177402_1

He was found dead in a blood-stained cot with more than 50 injuries.

His loving mum Tracey Connelly was jailed in 2009 after admitting causing or allowing Peter's death, along with her boyfriend Steven Barker and his brother Jason Owen.

Barker was seperately jailed for life with a minimum of 10 years for raping a two-year-old girl and given a 12-year term to run concurrently for his "major role" in Peter's death.

Well the brother is out - He was released on parole in August 2011, halfway through his jail term, with the 289 days he spent in custody before sentencing being taken into account - and obviously up to no good, back in again - A man jailed over the death of Baby P has been returned to prison for breaching conditions of his release in April of this year.

Now it's the mum's turn to go free - The mother of Baby Peter, Tracey Connelly, should be released from jail, the Parole Board has said.

She was jailed indefinitely, with a recommended minimum term of five years, in May 2009, for causing or allowing her son's death in north London.

A Parole Board panel recommended her release from prison following a second review of her case.

The board said arrangements and the date of the release were a matter for Justice Secretary Chris Grayling.

Peter Connelly had more than 50 injuries when he died A spokesman for Mr Grayling said the Parole Board's decision was final.

A statement from the board said: "We can confirm that a three-member panel of the board has directed the release of Tracey Connelly.

Baby P's Mum - Has the world gone mad? C0defc82697c45a389c2ed32fb0d6582_abuse

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-24446126

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How can a woman like that only get 5 years, it's a fucking disgrace. To even think about releasing her just makes the mind boggle, whoever was on the panel to release her wants shooting.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:How can a woman like that only get 5 years, it's a fucking disgrace. To even think about releasing her just makes the mind boggle, whoever was on the panel to release her wants shooting.
Utter disgrace. The train guard who "allowed" that drunken girl to fall under the train got 5 years - are we saying both crimes were the same?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree. It's absolutely bloody disgraceful. Apparently she isn't going to be given a new identity because since her time in prison she has put on a lot of weight and is now 22 stone and looks nothing like what she did when she was sentenced.

Back in 2007 she was given an indeterminate sentence but she is to be released tomorrow? Her sentence should have been made absolute with a specific time frame but that's British justice for you.

For what it's worth I think the bitch should have been released on the condition that she had to be sterilised beforehand so that there was no chance of her ever dropping a sprog again.

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

The 'law' and the legal system in this country has little in common with what most of us would consider justice or common decency. Don't forget the majority of the bastards in Westminster are lawyers in whose vested interest it is is to keep the laws and judicial system in constant motion. bastards the lot of 'em!

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Very Very Sad, RIP young Peter.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have to say that we do have a fucked up out of date law that needs sorting.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stupidity - she deserved to rot in jail

The sad pragmatic truth of the matter is that it's extremely expensive to keep someone banged up in prison nowadays.

Add to this the fact that our prisons are bursting at the seams and you start to see why scum like this woman keep getting released early.

Like so many of the things wrong with modern society in this country, it comes down to a matter of economics.

Sad but true.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The answer is simple. A prison built in every major city/town in the UK. Raise taxes for a couple of years to pay for it - simple.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Vile, disgusting woman. 

Once she gets out, she will be lynched anyway so she would be safer were she is if im honest. 

Mandatory sterilization should be carried out on her as well.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Breadman wrote:The sad pragmatic truth of the matter is that it's extremely expensive to keep someone banged up in prison nowadays.

Add to this the fact that our prisons are bursting at the seams and you start to see why scum like this woman keep getting released early.

Like so many of the things wrong with modern society in this country, it comes down to a matter of economics.

Sad but true.

Of course you are correct.

That's why I prefer the bullet to the head method in these cases.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The inside story on the baby P case - well worth a watch.

Seems there were nothing much wrong with the social workers involved and Sixsmith - they were hung out to dry for the failings of others - particularly the doctors.

Even then it would seem the doctors were put in a no win situation - and their management knew that.  Even the doctor who missed the 'broken back' probably didn't miss it at all - it seems now that it was broken AFTER her inspection.

Seems the police deflected blame from themselves in a hidden briefing to the press and aimed it directly at the social workers.

Seems Cameron turned this into a political witch hunt - by telling a load of bollocks about the case in Parliament - aimed at scoring cheap points off the ruling Labour party - who in turn put pressure on Ofsted to provide a damning report against the social workers, to keep the heat off the Government.

The press and The Sun in particular wanted a story when really there wasn't one with the social workers - the story as I say above was the political football and the blame avoidance from the doctors (The hospital trust), the side step from the police (and the misdirection to take the blame off them and on to the social workers) the political party point scoring and the leaning on Ofsted.

The detail comes from the woman who chaired the detailed inquiry into the case.

The doctors now in a mental home, and the social workers careers have been wrecked - all for the case of a good story - which had nothing to do with the facts.

I felt sorry for them - even Sixsmith.

90 minutes long but well worth it to see how the press, public institutions and politicians spin things for their own ends and how someone as to pay the price even though they have done little if anything wrong.

The evil were the killers of Baby P - and to a lesser extent, those who saw gain in exploiting his death.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04n6sm0/baby-p-the-untold-story

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'm not a hard man or one to show my emotions really but i would freely admit to crying bucketloads when this story came out so i really couldn't watch the programme last night.

I have a son who was roughly the same age and even looked a bit like Baby Peter and it really got to me at the time. They should all spend the rest of the lives in jail being beaten on a daily basis and subjected to the same treatment Peter had to out up with.

Even reading the article above sets me off again.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It takes more of a man to show his emotions Norpig. Smile

We live in a shit world unfortunately.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, funnily enough I had a similar experience several years back.

I was reading a book on criminal profiling and it had a chapter on James Bulger.  

Although his death was a few years before my daughter was born, when I was reading the book she was about the same age as James was when he was killed.

I can't explain it but the more I read the more it upset me - even though I wasn't effected at the time he died other than the revolution we all felt.

In the end I put the book down and never went back to it - I guess I somehow had more of an empathy then as I had a child of my own at a very similar age.

Anyway the BBC video is much more to do with the laying of 'blame' after Baby P's death rather than the death itself but I fully understand you not wanting to watch it.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I agree with norpig and sluffy. It is only a few weeks ago that a programme was on TV about crimes that have shaken the country and at the end featured the james bulger case. It played a recording of the police interview of Thompson and venables describing what they had done to that poor little boy.Like norpig, I don't normally get emotional, but listening to it I couldn't help but imagine that being my own son and just broke down. What he had to endure in his final minutes is just heartbreaking and if hearing it doesn't affect you then you are simply not human. It is sad in the case of baby p that all anyone is or was concerned about was passing blame. Whether it be the social workers, doctors, police or whoever. No one willing to admit fault. As much as I don't like to say it, sometimes there is nothing you can do. If people are that evil, someone, somewhere is going to be on the end of the pain and suffering they will inevitably inflict. It is how the justice system reacts that can sometimes be a comfort, if that is the correct word, for victims and families. For them to feel the correct sentence has been handed down and justice has been served. Sadly that is very rarely the case. Far too much emphasis is placed on the human rights of evil people. Where was james bulgers human rights when he was having bricks thrown at him? Where was baby p's human rights when he was having bones broken at the hands of the only people in the world he had to protect him? The whole thing makes me sick and the laws and maximum sentences allowed to be handed down needs to be looked at or things will never, ever change.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find it just as sickening that people use tragedies like these to further their own careers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum