Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leroy Lita - Worth a punt?

+3
Norpig
wanderlust
Sluffy
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Fri Oct 11 2013, 10:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Apparently according to the Daily Mail we went after him and it was he who knocked us back - how far have we sunk if Lita says no to us?!

Leroy Lita has turned down at least five Championship clubs since being told by Michael Laudrup that he is no longer needed at Swansea City.

Sportsmail can reveal that Charlton, Barnsley, Sheffield Wednesday, Bolton and Blackburn have all been knocked back by the 28-year-old, who was told this summer that he could leave the Liberty Stadium on a free transfer.

A deadline day move to Sheffield Wednesday did not materialise – Sheffield United are also understood to have been keen – but since the transfer window closed the striker turned his nose up at a number of loan opportunities

Lita spent part of last season on loan at Wednesday, delivering a decent haul of seven goals in 17 appearances. But it is understood that he is still holding out for a Premier League club.

The former England Under 21 striker has endured a frustrating time in South Wales, making only 16 Premier League appearances, of which four were starts, since Brendan Rodgers signed him for £1.75million from Middlesbrough in 2011.

Under Laudrup, he has appeared in only two matchday squads and each time was an unused substitute.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Fri Oct 11 2013, 11:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pointless if he's already said no.
Not a fashionable player, but TBF he's still scoring goals.

3Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Fri Oct 11 2013, 11:45

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Please not this again! This used to come up on JA606 all the time and was a running joke. No thanks

4Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Fri Oct 11 2013, 12:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

No

5Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Fri Oct 11 2013, 12:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Better off looking for up and comers in the conference. There's a young centre back at Gateshead,Carl Magnay,the nephew of a geordie pal of mine,who might be worth a look. Was bubbling under at Chelsea for a few years but had a bit of bad luck with injuries. He can score some decent goals too,as you can see.

6Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Fri Oct 11 2013, 20:04

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No chance that we've asked about Lita and the Daily Mail? :bullshit:

7Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Mon Oct 14 2013, 00:54

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If only for one game and to kill the JA606 yakking about it then yeah let's do it. Sign him up on loan for a couple of months and see what happens. lol! 

Seriously though I think he's over-estimated himself here; I can't really see a Prem club coming in for him and if he wants to play regularly he'll need to drop a division. If he's fit and on form maybe he could do a job for us but from what I can tell Dougie seems much keener on young players with potential rather than a guy past thirty who's not been playing even as a sub for some time. I can't really argue with the gaffer on that because I'd think the same way, besides if he turned us down once and then comes to us we'll all know we weren't what he wanted and it'll probably show up in his performances. 

Overall I think this one's a no; even if he is willing to come down and play for us it's something he'd see as second best and I think we've got enough players who don't really feel they belong here and think they deserve to be at a 'bigger' club.

8Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Empty Re: Leroy Lita - Worth a punt? Mon Oct 14 2013, 13:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor old Leroy. His mother should have thrown him away and kept the stork.:biggrin:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum