Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stuart Holden Looking To Be Back By December

+10
terenceanne
wessy
rammywhite
Hip Priest
Whitesince63
aaron_bwfc
scottjames30
Natasha Whittam
Culcheth_White
karlypants
14 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stuart Holden was speaking to Fox Sports on Friday night giving his opinion about the USA World Cup qualifying campaign and also gave an update on his injury status.

When asked about his scheduled recovery time, the Bolton midfielder said:

"I tore my ACL in the (Gold Cup) final and, for me, it was a major setback. It was crushing at the time, but, once again, I know what I have to do to get myself healthy and there's no unknowns like there was with my last injuries. The surgery has been done and I'm now nine weeks post-op.

"I'm doing some great work rehab-wise. I have just started slow jogging and building my strength up, and the next 2-3 months are going to be exciting for me because I'll be getting back to playing.

"The plan is, by December, I'm looking to be back out on the field. I'm stepping up my rehab, in terms of doing some ball work, stepping up my fitness and getting that core fitness back just to make sure that my knee is comfortable in cutting in and all the hard turns and little things you experience in a game."

The video can be found [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd be amazed if Holden ever plays for us again.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me too. As nice as the guy is, he is injury prone and I hope the club dispense with his services as soon as they can.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not this again.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Back playing in December?...Hmmm I think Douglas will have different views on that.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Come on guys let's have a little more cheer for Stuey the sooner he's back the better. Nat he isn't injury prone just very unlucky. The Jonny Evans thing was a bad tackle, the treatment he had after inept and the latest injury bad luck and on the other knee. Whilst he's been very unlucky with injuries I don't think it means he's injury prone. I hope he does come back fit and well, he deserves it and we should all get behind him and hope he gets back to his previous best. God luck Stuey.

Whitesince63 wrote:Come on guys let's have a little more cheer for Stuey the sooner he's back the better. Nat he isn't injury prone just very unlucky. The Jonny Evans thing was a bad tackle, the treatment he had after inept and the latest injury bad luck and on the other knee. Whilst he's been very unlucky with injuries I don't think it means he's injury prone. I hope he does come back fit and well, he deserves it and we should all get behind him and hope he gets back to his previous best. God luck Stuey.
Agreed, let's see how he gets on. If he plans to be fully fit by December then there's plenty of time for him to get back to some sort of form (or prove that he can't).

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can't really see him playing for us again tbh but what wouldn't i give for a fit Stuart Holden and Mark Davies in our team at the moment.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If I had a Christmas wish list- Stu would be on it - but I suspect ,like others, that his knees after so much intrusive surgery won't be up to playing at our level again

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I wish him the very best, but remember he was available last time and we shipped him out, so maybe December means February. Hope he makes it, great guy, gives a positive spin on the modern day footballer.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

the more options the better IMO 

it's a shame we couldnt get the loans and injured players back at the beginning of the season.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he really is fully fit and wants to play for us then I'll be ecstatic because he has real talent and alongside Mavies would easily be our best centre midfield pair. I can't help noting that many posters have written him off and I understand why because injuring both knees like that has ended many a career but let's not do that until we see what happens at Christmas. I for one pray he makes a full recovery and we see him in our shirt back to his best sooner rather than later BUT it's essential he doesn't come back too soon and before he is one hundred percent fit. I certainly wouldn't look to offload him in January because I truly think that he's our best player when fully fit and on form and if there's a realistic chance of us seeing that again then we need him too badly to let him go for peanuts or nothing. Get well soon Stu; we all wish you the best and hopefully we'll see you on the pitch in the near future.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On form he can influence the game and perhaps that's why he gets targeted and has to endure more than his fair share of bad tackles. Evans and before that De Jong, both nasty. My worry is that if he does come back, he'll be targeted again and that could mean that he bottles the tackles or just gets hit on the knees. I hope he makes it though.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: I certainly wouldn't look to offload him in January because I truly think that he's our best player when fully fit and on form and if there's a realistic chance of us seeing that again then we need him too badly to let him go for peanuts or nothing. Get well soon Stu; we all wish you the best and hopefully we'll see you on the pitch in the near future.
Are you a goldfish?

Have you forgotten the last 2 or 3 years where we've paid him big bucks to sit in the stands? How much more cash do you want to throw at him?

When you're £135m+ in debt can you afford to pay players that only have a slim chance of ever being good enough again?

Nice guy, but he should never have been offered another contract, and whenever this one comes to and end he should be sent on his way.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote: I certainly wouldn't look to offload him in January because I truly think that he's our best player when fully fit and on form and if there's a realistic chance of us seeing that again then we need him too badly to let him go for peanuts or nothing. Get well soon Stu; we all wish you the best and hopefully we'll see you on the pitch in the near future.

Nice guy, but he should never have been offered another contract, and whenever this one comes to and end he should be sent on his way.
He's certainly on dog's leg, but if he does come good during this current contract it would make sense to look at renewal when the time comes - not now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm a huge Holden fan, but there comes a time when you simply have to say enough is enough, even when most of his problems have been awful luck.

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can understand the concerns about his fitness but many players have made a full recovery from similar and even worse injuries including our own Peter Reid and it never stopped him tackling. 
Stuey's always been a positive character and long may it continue. He's pure class when fit and heaven knows we need some of that. With mini Davvo and Stuey back in the midfield who knows what we can achieve. What I do know is that Beckford would be the main beneficiary of their return and I'm more than a little bit excited what the second half of the season could bring with them all in harness.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

@stuholden: Moments like these drive me in my recovery! Can't wait to put a whites shirt on again #bwfc… [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:@stuholden: Moments like these drive me in my recovery! Can't wait to put a whites shirt on again #bwfc… [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
:good:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum