Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton School bans ''Tig'' and ''British Bulldog''

+3
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Talk about stopping kids being kids:-

Pupils at a Bolton primary school have been banned from playing traditional playground games of tig and British bulldog — because they are too dangerous.

Parents of youngsters at Egerton Community Primary have been told in the school’s weekly newsletter that children can no longer play “rough games” in the playground.

Students at the Cox Green Road school can use the playing fields when the weather is good but the majority of the year will have to spend break times in the playground. The letter says: “What we have observed is a situation where children were being hurt because they were not moving about the playground safely and because they were playing games that, in a smaller space, were causing them to have accidents.

“It is not acceptable for us to accept that children will get hurt while playing and it is our job to ensure that the playground and playtimes are organised well to ensure safety.”

Furious parents have now launched an online petition calling for the decision to be reversed.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/10734802.Bolton_primary_school_bans_playground_games_tig_and_British_bulldog___because_they_are__too_dangerous_/

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And we wonder why footballers are all ponces.

“It is not acceptable for us to accept that children...(etc)

That's not even good English.

Wankers.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Another generation of kids being brought up according to the warped ideas of a Health and Saftey, and pc biased culture. They'll be allowed to bring their iPads in soon, once the playground 'violence' has died down, where the teacher can sit down, in a classroom, watching over them.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Health and Safety really is a bloody joke. The last health and safety test I took at work, I failed. The question was, " What steps would you take in the event of a fire?"

Apparently, " Fucking big ones" was not the right answer.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Ah !, you forgot to say in which direction, and how long your pace would be

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So finger, thumb or icky will be finished soon!?! All the "brutal" schoolyard games were the best. On what I've previously quoted the easy position was Cush against the wall, but your bollox generally took a hit during a course of play!

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I suppose a game of Knuckles won't be allowed then.Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Schools not been the same since they banned clog fighting eh lads?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum