Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Ipswich

+21
rammywhite
josh31
Keegan
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
Reebok Trotter
wessy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
gloswhite
kennster
karlypants
aaron_bwfc
doffcocker
Mr Magoo
BoltonTillIDie
25 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:18 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Fuck me, 2 strikers starting!
I didn't know Ngog was a striker Very Happy 

62Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:52 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

COYW

63Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
karlypants wrote:Fuck me, 2 strikers starting!
I didn't know Ngog was a striker Very Happy 
He's our best striker

64Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:58 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We had 14 shots but only 4 on target.
Gerken was never in a pickle.

65Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:00 pm

wanderlust wrote:We had 14 shots but only 4 on target.
Do you write for Bruce Forsyth?

66Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:16 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When he was called on he showed that he wasnt as green as we thought, and in fact was pretty sharp . (ok, I'm leaving)

67Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:05 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Enough is enough, even the most biast of Freedman supporters can see it just isn't going to work with him in charge.

Hmmm we concede again against another piss poor outfit but instead of trying to win the game he takes off a Ngog a striker (according to his player profile anyway) and sticks on another waste of space in Eagles instead of throwing Davies on to try and nick a goal.

Fuck off you scottish bastard!

68Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:17 pm

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've tried this formation before. Two holding midfielders, an attacking midfielder, two forwards, and a wide player with no idea what side he's meant to be on. It hasn't worked before, and it didn't work today.
The substitutions were late and lousy as usual. Ngog was dire and had to come off and Eagles had to come on, but for each other at 1-1 with 15 minutes left? The match was crying out for Craig Davies and Robert Hall. There must be something we don't know about Davies. Hall eventually came on when it was too late for him to make an impact, as always.
But it's not just the selections and substitutions that are the problem. Even at 1-1, with five minutes left and the crowd going berserk, they played like they were defending a lead.
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure Dougie's seen enough to think we're "not far away" and "did enough to win eighteen matches".

69Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:28 pm

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really bad football, tactics that aren't working, finding it really hard to score goals, drawing against really poor teams, manager sounded pathetic after every game, 'same old same old' .

Phil, put the guy out of his misery , then resign yourself.

70Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute fucking shite.

We battered Sheffield Wednesday in the last 15 minutes playing two strikers and two proper wingers, with Lee magnificent on the right.

So what does Freedman do? He goes with two up top but plays Lee on the left and Danns on the right. And even then neither of them are proper wingers, they're playing this shitty "inside winger" role that Freedman invented.

Firstly, Ngog is absolute shite. How many more chances is he going to get to prove he isn't a footballer? His control is shocking, it just seems to bounce off his shin every single time. Spearing puts him through on goal and he managed to trip over the ball the shit bastard. Dougie is clearly putting personal feelings before BWFC because there is no way Craig Davies should be sitting on the bench.

Two holding midfielders at home does not work. Medo is a shitter version of Spearing. He can't control the ball, time after time today swift breakaways were stifled by Medo's inability to control the fucking ball.

And what is this passing backwards all the time? Every time a midfielder or full-back got the ball their first reaction was to look for a backwards pass. Only ream was sending the ball forwards to feet.

Today was as bad as it's been. Ultra negative football with no attempt to win the game. This is worse than anything Megson served up because at least he was in the Prem against big teams.

When Bolton Wanderers are happy to get a point at home to Ipswich you know it's time to sack the manager.

71Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The only positives, that I can take out of todays game is, Lonergan looks better than Bogdan and the defence are better since Wheater & Knight were both dropped. Apart from that, we're fooking useless!

72Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:21 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan is better than Bogdan, he's proven it every time he plays.

I thought the defence was awful today - Mills and Baptiste are liabilities and it's more through a combination of good keeping, shit opposition and plain old fashioned luck that we've stopped letting in 3 every week.

Baptiste really is poor, how many times did he get skinned today?

73Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:40 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think Baptiste is that bad it's just that Dougie has put him out of his comfort zone at left back, he's a bloody centre back not a left back so no wonder he looks poor.

Ream at left back with Baptiste at centre back would work better IMO.

74Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Today was worse the Sheff Weds if possible. Thought Lonergan did well.lucky a couple of times but every keeper needs that. Baptiste and McNaughton just about ok,against a good team,oh fuck !! Mills / Ream good partnership,in comparison to Knight Wheater anyway. Danns still not sure,Medo fucking great goal,Spearing ?? suddenly cant pass to a white shirt anymore ?? effort still great. Chungy,man of the match till fuckwit took him off,thought he played well across the pitch,good touch and took players on and beat them like he used to !!! Ngog, worst match ever,I have extolled his abilities in the past but even I have given in,he cant score in a brothel !! Beckford ?? brilliant,shit who knows he either looks the real deal one minute or a complete tit the next ?? Freedman/ lawrence ?? fuck off back to Palace and put Nat in charge,anything is better than the shit served this afternoon !

75Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:56 pm

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Credit to Duggie for attempting to be a bit more positive with 2 up front but that's where it ends. The 2 holding midfielders, neither of who get forward enough, ensured that there was still a yawning gap between defence and attack. You can't really call N'gog a striker anyway, he was absolute dogsh1t again today and looks like he wants to be anywhere else but here. We don't even vaguely look like we're going to score a goal,ever.

76Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:27 am

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wish I had something really positive or at least witty to say about that 'performance' but all I can think of is at least we didn't lose. We haven't lost in five league games but given the opposition we've faced seven points from a possible fifteen just isn't enough. Lonergan looked solid so I suppose that's a plus but as to the rest what was Dougie thinking? Wrong tactics, men out of positions they've proved they can play in and from where I sat we looked more like the away side after we scored. It's becoming all too common for us to take a one nil lead then go onto a deep defensive which given our back line is just plain dumb. One goal is never ever going to be enough when your defence makes a sieve look solid and to sit back on that lead at home is frankly unforgivable. I haven't completely lost faith in Dougie but it's wavering now because he seems to be unable to grasp what every fan and pundit can see. I like a positive can do attitude but it has to be attached to reality and from where I sit Dougie's grasp on that seems to be getting tenuous to say the least. Sorry for the rambling but I feel a bit depressed with the match and with Dougie's seemingly bulletproof inability to see the obvious. I hope I'm wrong and that I have to eat my words later in the season but right now it's hard to see how that could happen.

77Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:56 am

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Good post Peter - sums it up for many of us I think.

78Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:08 am

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote: It's becoming all too common for us to take a one nil lead then go onto a deep defensive which given our back line is just plain dumb.
Very true. Before we scored he was about to bring Eagles on, when the goal went in he sat him back down. That was the mistake, at 1-0 up he should have gone for a second goal.

Same thing happened to Ipswich, they had two subs stripped and ready to come on (one a striker), they scored, but Big Mick still brought them on because he felt they could get a second.

That's the difference between trying to win games and settling for a point.

79Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:04 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We had 14 shots but only 4 on target.
Do you write for Bruce Forsyth?
Not since his script editor threw out my immortal line " Brain dead? You probably don't even know you're watching!" in favour of "Nice to see you. To see you - nice!"
Brucie could have had a decent career if he hadn't listened to that couch potato-pandering gobshite.

80Bolton 1-1 Ipswich - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Ipswich Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:00 am

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum