Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles

+4
Sluffy
White84
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Wed Oct 30 2013, 14:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I thought his responses were spot on. I don't for one moment believe that this is the worst set of players we have since 1975. Far from it.
We have seen some shite over the years RT.
I agree Wander. I still think we can turn things round but this is a difficult league to get out of.
Need to build a team capable of getting out of this league and all indications are that Dougie has a 2 or 3 year timescale for that.

22Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Wed Oct 30 2013, 14:44

wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I thought his responses were spot on. I don't for one moment believe that this is the worst set of players we have since 1975. Far from it.
We have seen some shite over the years RT.
I agree Wander. I still think we can turn things round but this is a difficult league to get out of.
Need to build a team capable of getting out of this league and all indications are that Dougie has a 2 or 3 year timescale for that.
I think that the current squad is more than capable of getting us out of this division.

Just not in the direction that we'd like.........

23Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 21:29

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Personally speaking,the talk about the difference in running is just BOLLOX.First for example you put a few kids on the bench.Play them the last twenty.Connor Wilkinson has an eye for goal as do Clough and Youngs.N'gog is the laziest bastard I've seen in a white shirt.Our worst buy ever.                                   The kid who scored the wonder goals for Man U v Sunderland played 21 matches in the under 21 development squad for Man U and scored one goal.Now he is the next big thing.If a 18 year old can't keep the pace at professional level he should be down the road.Get Wilkinson up with Beckford once Mark Davies is back the team will improve immensely.

24Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 21:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:Personally speaking,the talk about the difference in running is just BOLLOX.First for example you put a few kids on the bench.Play them the last twenty.Connor Wilkinson has an eye for goal as do Clough and Youngs.N'gog is the laziest bastard I've seen in a white shirt.Our worst buy ever.                                   The kid who scored the wonder goals for Man U v Sunderland played 21 matches in the under 21 development squad for Man U and scored one goal.Now he is the next big thing.If a 18 year old can't keep the pace at professional level he should be down the road.Get Wilkinson up with Beckford once Mark Davies is back the team will improve immensely.
It's a fair point. He keeps giving Hall 20-25 minutes and he's done absolutely nothing. Could one of these kids do any worse? I doubt it.

25Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 21:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what I have seen of Hall I think he has bags of potential. I'd like to see him start from the off against Bournemouth.

26Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 21:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:From what I have seen of Hall I think he has bags of potential. I'd like to see him start from the off against Bournemouth.
I would certainly like to see him more, I can't even remember the last time he had a run out?

27Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 22:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:From what I have seen of Hall I think he has bags of potential. I'd like to see him start from the off against Bournemouth.
That's a ridiculous statement. He's had several sub appearances and not done a single thing. He hasn't beat a full-back, put a cross in, or had a shot.

His last two sub outings have been a complete waste of a sub.

28Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 22:31

Natasha Whittam wrote:
That's a ridiculous statement. He's had several sub appearances and not done a single thing. He hasn't beat a full-back, put a cross in, or had a shot.

His last two sub outings have been a complete waste of a sub.
Rubbish. Against Wednesday he came on beat two men and was clearly fouled on the edge of the area, should have got a free kick for it.

29Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 22:33

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can only go off what I have seen of Hall, not what I have read. I think he could actually be a decent winger. He has pace and is not afraid to run at defenders. He hasn't had a long enough period in the squad imo.

30Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Thu Oct 31 2013, 22:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I haven't made my mind up fully on Hall to be honest, he seems to have a lot of potential but dougie really needs to start him instead of bringing him on as a sub or we will never see what he really can do.

I am partial to agree with nat, in the last 2 home games he's not really impressed...then again not many have.

31Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Fri Nov 01 2013, 09:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess a lot of the youngsters have potential but Dougie has the dilemma of playing them before they're ready - in which case he'll get slaughtered - or waiting until they've proven themselves - in which case he'll get slaughtered for not playing them earlier.

Somewhere along the line they need first team games to accelerate their development, but getting the timing right is very tricky when we have a bunch of fans who demand results now.

32Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Fri Nov 01 2013, 10:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I guess a lot of the youngsters have potential but Dougie has the dilemma of playing them before they're ready - in which case he'll get slaughtered - or waiting until they've proven themselves - in which case he'll get slaughtered for not playing them earlier.

Somewhere along the line they need first team games to accelerate their development, but getting the timing right is very tricky when we have a bunch of fans who demand results now.
If Dougie cared about being slaughtered he wouldn't be playing so defensively with so many players out of position.

I think the truth is more along the lines that if he starts playing the kids it suggests he doesn't think the players he's brought to the club are good enough.

33Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Fri Nov 01 2013, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I guess a lot of the youngsters have potential but Dougie has the dilemma of playing them before they're ready - in which case he'll get slaughtered - or waiting until they've proven themselves - in which case he'll get slaughtered for not playing them earlier.

If Dougie cared about being slaughtered he wouldn't be playing so defensively with so many players out of position.

I think the truth is more along the lines that if he starts playing the kids it suggests he doesn't think the players he's brought to the club are good enough.

Interesting perspective. I think Dougie will get slaughtered anyway - only good results will stem the tide of abuse and then only temporarily. He puts out the teams he does because he clearly believes they're our best option on any given week. Recently he's been regularly making the point (via the PR guff) that it will be a while before the youngsters are ready. I have no doubt that the PR team have been hearing the discontent and the calls to give the youngsters a go - otherwise why would they bother responding in this way? So although their have been clear statements coming out of the club that youngsters are not the way forward this season (although one or two may get the odd game) at least the club are aware of the dissatisfaction and the idea of playing youngsters.

34Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles - Page 2 Empty Re: Wanderers Webchat with Marc Iles Fri Nov 01 2013, 12:54

Natasha Whitham wrote:I think the truth is more along the lines that if he starts playing the kids it suggests he doesn't think the players he's brought to the club are good enough.

That doesn't really make sense though as most of the kids pushing for first team are his signings too, Wilkinson, Gregus, Hall.

Its more likely they're not ready yet, so to put them in would do more harm than good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum