Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

e-readers

+2
gloswhite
boltonbonce
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1e-readers Empty e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Any nutters got an e-reader? Been thinking of getting one for some time,but the choice, Kindle,Kindle fire,Kindle paperwhite,Kobo,Nook simple touch,Sony,to name but a few is pretty confusing. Any ideas on the best?study

2e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:01 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I've had a standard Kindle for a couple of years, and love it. Missus has one as well. Having said that, and even though I've had no problem whatsoever, I'm considering getting a paperwhite one. Thats because I wouldn't need the light on at night when I'm reading, and the missues can get to sleep. (whatever the make, I think one that is backlit would be best). Amazon have a brilliant service and books for it. Although its nice to hold a book, the Kindle, for me is almost perfect.

3e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:17 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers Glos. It's a crowded market,so any advice is invaluable.:good:

4e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:54 pm

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't you get an app for your phone (if you have one)?

5e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:33 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's nothing like the feel of paper between your fingers.

6e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:51 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nothing can beat a physical book,but I just don't have the room any more.Got rid of a lot,but I need to lose a few more and reader would be an ideal compromise. Probably puts paid to reading in the bath though.

7e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:01 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Never, all the while there are books, i have a huge library a whole room full, i've still got books from when i was in Juniors my Joey Books by Robert Martin and Hardy Boys and from then on,there's nothing like real books.

8e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:11 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agreed. I've kept all my old favourites,but needs must when it comes to making some space. Managed to get them down to about a thousand,but I'm still a major fire hazard. I dread looking in the loft!

9e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:19 pm

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

You should never keep stuff in the loft, in a fire its going to come down on you, The fire Brigade safety officer always advises to keep lofts empty, i manage to keep mine empty besides once its in the loft you never use it .

10e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:30 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's true. Must send the wife up.

11e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:51 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:I've had a standard Kindle for a couple of years, and love it. Missus has one as well. Having said that, and even though I've had no problem whatsoever, I'm considering getting a paperwhite one. Thats because I wouldn't need the light on at night when I'm reading, and the missues can get to sleep. (whatever the make, I think one that is backlit would be best). Amazon have a brilliant service and books for it. Although its nice to hold a book, the Kindle, for me is almost perfect.
My wife has the Kindle Paperwhite and is very happy with it. It's great for reading at night and easy to use when travelling. Personally I am content to stick with paper - I just like the feel of a book.

12e-readers Empty Re: e-readers Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:36 pm

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Another thing, when you go on holiday, instead of taking 2 or three books, you take one that can fit in your jacket pocket, or hand luggage. They hold up to 1500 books apparently. You can look for books on line, and download them in seconds. I also like books, but these are far more practical

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum