Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Andy Lonergan can follow my lead says Bolton Wanderers defender Tim Ream

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tim Ream believes that Andy Longeran can follow his path from the Wanderers wilderness.

Adam Bogdan’s injury has handed the former Leeds United stopper a surprise run in the side and Lonergan let no-one down with his performance in last weekend’s draw with Ipswich Town.

Ream and his fellow centre-half Matt Mills were both on the fringes of the squad at the start of the season before forcing their way into Dougie Freedman’s selection plans over the last month.

Now, the American defender reckons Lonergan can follow suit and command a more regular start between the posts, even on Bogdan’s return.

“I think Lonners (Lonergan) showed last weekend that he is a quality goalkeeper, coming off his line and making some great saves in the first half,” Ream said.

“If anyone knows what he has gone through it’s me and Millsy – so hopefully he gets a good run in the side.”

For in-form defender Ream there is little difference between Lonergan calling the shots behind them or Bogdan, who before his knee injury has been ever-present in the Championship since April.

“It doesn’t change anything,” Ream added. “The way we train we are comfortable with anyone behind us. The two keepers swap in and out during training sessions.

“The communication is good and the only thing that changes is that Lonners is left-footed and Adam is right-footed.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum