Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If we stay up this season

+9
gloswhite
doffcocker
Sluffy
Keegan
xmiles
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

1If we stay up this season Empty If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 11:58

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Would you want Coyle as manager next season?

I personally would:

He would have kept a relegation candidate with hardly any money in the premier league for three years. If Megson was still our manager we would be gone, I firmly believe that.

He inherited a poor squad with ageing players and has pretty much had to go about replacing most of them (on hardly any budget)

In my opinion the players he brings in are generally good. His first four signings were: Stuart Holden, Martin Petrov, Marcos Alonso and Robbie Blake. Blake is poor but the rest are good and all four cost us around £1.5 millish.

Compared to Megsons first four.. Tamir Cohen, Grétar Steinsson, Matthew Taylor and Gary Cahill, on which we spent the best part of 15 mill from Anelka.. and in my opinion we receive one above average player: Taylor and one good player, Cahill.. who was later paired with Zat Knight.. for 4 million.. ouch.

His loan signings are some of the best in the league: Wilshere, Sturridge and Ryo.. some dodgy ones in between but one important loan every season is good work.

I thought getting 7 mill for Cahill was great business, I know a lot of you don't, but we got no higher offers in the summer and a lot of people thought he would walk for free. And Ream + Sordell are looking like good buys.

Im not totally bias to Coyle like this thread may seem though. Some of his tactics are questionable, the thing which annoys me the most is our inability to attack and defend set pieces, and this NEEDS to be addressed heavily over the summer.

However I hate clubs who don't give managers time, assuming were (hopefully) still in the PL, next year is the real one for Coyle. Hes had his chance to completely reform the squad and can get rid of deadweight, and Chungy + Holden are back. If its more of the same next year then I will say thats it, he can't do it and needs to leave.

But at the moment I don't think things are going as badly as some say considering the lack of money and the way Megson set about ruining our squad. I honestly think that next year we won't be part of this fecking relegation battle any more.

2If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:07

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I would give him a 1 & year half extension in the summer if we stayed up, let him have a chance of building a decent young side with Lee and Holden in the team, with a few youngsters like Riley, Ream and Sordell.

If we are still fighting relegation come November/December next season then i would sack him personally.

3If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:26

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

well who's the alternative?

4If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:35

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we stay up there will be loads of alternative managers.

The reason there are non now is because if someone were to take over they have to play with someone elses players and tbh there's a high chance we would get relegated, exactly why managers turned down the Wolves job. Not a very tasty prospect for any aspiring manager.

But if we stay up managing Bolton would be a great opportunity for a good Championship manager (or even Mick Mccarthy), we have a pretty good squad and they could bring in their influence over the summer.

But it would again be another period of transition, and I really don't want to see us keep changing manager, and tbh I still believe Coyle has more to give.

5If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If you look at the managers out of a job at the moment, their aren't many that stand out.

I wouldn't trust Mick Mcarthey to manage any team in the premier leauge so I would hate him as our manager personally, good at getting teams promoted but struggles in this league IMO.

Curbishley perhaps but will he move up north from london to join us?

6If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:If we stay up there will be loads of alternative managers.

The reason there are non now is because if someone were to take over they have to play with someone elses players and tbh there's a high chance we would get relegated, exactly why managers turned down the Wolves job. Not a very tasty prospect for any aspiring manager.

But if we stay up managing Bolton would be a great opportunity for a good Championship manager (or even Mick Mccarthy), we have a pretty good squad and they could bring in their influence over the summer.

But it would again be another period of transition, and I really don't want to see us keep changing manager, and tbh I still believe Coyle has more to give.

like who? don't say Mick Mccarthy again because i will block you.

7If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:48

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You do realise I just posted about wanting to keep Coyle don't you? your acting as if im crying out for another manager...

I don't think we should replace Coyle, because I don't think anyone will do better..

But to say there are no managers who theoretically could.. 5 months from now.. is just silly..

pretty sure I saw you posting/arguing somewhere that football is unpredictable.. you don't know who will be sacked or hired, I can't see who will be the best option months from now, but there obviously will be ones.

8If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

How about the fella at Wolves now, I am no mystic meg but I am sure he will be available in the coming weeks. Very Happy

9If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:58

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sorry, not wanting to turn this into a replacement for Coyle thread but IF we were to change managers then here is a fella I would love to see make a step up and see how he can do in this league.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

10If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 12:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You do realise I just posted about wanting to keep Coyle don't you? your acting as if im crying out for another manager...

I don't think we should replace Coyle, because I don't think anyone will do better..

But to say there are no managers who theoretically could.. 5 months from now.. is just silly..

pretty sure I saw you posting/arguing somewhere that football is unpredictable.. you don't know who will be sacked or hired, I can't see who will be the best option months from now, but there obviously will be ones.

Yeah you're right but i stand by the fact that we would be hard pressed to attract a decent manager whether we stay up or not.

granted, we might, thats football but the chances are extremely slim.

but i agree with the overall point, i would keep Coyle whether we stay up or not, that is, of course, if he wants to stay.

11If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, this thread is laughable. I'm going to print it out and frame it.

12If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:08

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If we stay up we are obviously going to keep Coyle and I can live with that largely for the reasons Lofty gave.

I also think there is zero chance of

a) a good alternative being interested in us (and Curbishley certainly wouldn't) and

b) us having the money to attract one.

So maybe we will have to change the BN motto to Coyle in!

13If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, this thread is laughable. I'm going to print it out and frame it.

Do you think Gartside is going to even try to replace Coyle if we stay up?

14If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 13:33

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Coyle won't be replaced by Gartside if we go down or stay up:

Go down and hes got experience of getting a team promoted.

Stay up and, well, hes not going to get sacked for keeping us up is he.

I just really wanted to point out a few good things that Coyle has done, instead of people constantly having a go #cough Nat cough# and never giving him credit for when things go well, just calling it lucky. Coyle won us that QPR game.

15If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 15:47

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry for my delayed reply, there was a long queue in the 'frame ridiculous threads shop'.

Owen Coyle has a terrible record. It's widely accepted he is a tactical dummy without a plan B, his signings have on the whole been rubbish, the team has no backbone, and he is planning to offer Zat Knight a two year contract.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANY SANE PERSON WANT MORE OF THE SAME?

If by some miracle we stay up it'll be down to three teams being even worse than we are, not Owen Coyle. Never again will so few points be required to stay in the Premier League. Next season we will be down by the end of January.

I don't know whether it's a myth that Coyle is out of contract in the Summer, but regardless, he should be shown the door.

Replacement manager that will do better? Any breathing human over the age of 5.

16If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 15:52

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My vote goes to the Tea Lady.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

17If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:18

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Sorry for my delayed reply, there was a long queue in the 'frame ridiculous threads shop'.

Owen Coyle has a terrible record. It's widely accepted he is a tactical dummy without a plan B, his signings have on the whole been rubbish, the team has no backbone, and he is planning to offer Zat Knight a two year contract.

WHY THE FUCK WOULD ANY SANE PERSON WANT MORE OF THE SAME?

If by some miracle we stay up it'll be down to three teams being even worse than we are, not Owen Coyle. Never again will so few points be required to stay in the Premier League. Next season we will be down by the end of January.

I don't know whether it's a myth that Coyle is out of contract in the Summer, but regardless, he should be shown the door.

Replacement manager that will do better? Any breathing human over the age of 5.

Hey thats the same place I got this framed Very Happy

Would You Take Megson Back? [ Goto page: 1, 2, 3 ] by Natasha Whittam

good arn't they.

18If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Coyle out for me - shown he is strategically out of his depth in the Premier League.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything but if he had been more flexible than sticking with 4-4-2 and consistently playing the likes of Knight, Robinson, Kevin Davies, Jussi, etc for the large majority of the season I'm sure we would already have been comfortably out of the current relegation scrap - points wise.

My opinion obviously.

I've no belief that he will be any better next year tactics / team selection wise.

19If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 16:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Coyle out for me - shown he is strategically out of his depth in the Premier League.

I'm not trying to be argumentative or anything but if he had been more flexible than sticking with 4-4-2 and consistently playing the likes of Knight, Robinson, Kevin Davies, Jussi, etc for the large majority of the season I'm sure we would already have been comfortably out of the current relegation scrap - points wise.

My opinion obviously.

I've no belief that he will be any better next year tactics / team selection wise.

Can't really argue with your analysis but as I am convinced Coyle will stay whether or not we avoid relegation I am trying not to get worked up about it. For some reason I can't bring myself to hate him the way I did Megson and Lee.

20If we stay up this season Empty Re: If we stay up this season Mon Mar 12 2012, 17:21

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Coyle certainly breathed life back into the club after it had been throttled for over two years with anti-football and a manager that was a nasty piece of work. The players were clearly lifted by it. Look at Sheffield Wednesday - several players there have come out since Dickwad got fired and basically said they feel like footballers again. Sound familiar?

Unfortunately, its all clearly gone stale now. It's obvious several players don't particularly care for or believe in Coyle anymore. Whatever league we're in next year, he'll have to reunite and lift the players, or it will have to be bye bye.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum