Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe Mason

+10
Keegan
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
karlypants
Barryjw
scottjames30
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
JAH
Culcheth_White
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Joe Mason Empty Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 09:30

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He is due to sign on an initial one month loan deal from Cardiff.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 09:36

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Would prefer to see Tom Eaves get a chance or Odelusi played up front. Why loan a striker when we already have 4 fighting over 1 position?

3Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 10:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More money wasted. 6 goals in 29 starts is hardly setting the world alight, why bother?

Dougie should concentrate on the players he does have - here's a thought Dougie, why don't you and the coaches do your fucking jobs and try and improve the players you're already paying?

4Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 10:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good link up player and a tricky rascal. Depends on the role he's given. It won't be as a striker though - probably a wide man in the Feeney mould.

Last edited by wanderlust on Mon Nov 11 2013, 10:59; edited 1 time in total

5Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 10:59

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He looks like a winger to me.

6Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 11:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unlikely we'll get 2 more from Cardiff? If so does that mean the Gestede deal is off?
We already have McNaughton

Last edited by wanderlust on Mon Nov 11 2013, 11:15; edited 1 time in total

7Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 11:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Article says 10 other clubs are chasing Mason.

8Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 12:32

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:More money wasted. 6 goals in 29 starts is hardly setting the world alight, why bother?

Dougie should concentrate on the players he does have - here's a thought Dougie, why don't you and the coaches do your fucking jobs and try and improve the players you're already paying?
6 goals in 29 starts - No one scored many for Cardiff last year! In a defence minded team. Got a familiar ring to it?

9Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OFFICIAL: Mason joins on loan

Bolton Wanderers have completed the loan signing of Joe Mason from Cardiff City.
The striker, who joined the Bluebirds in the summer of 2011, will remain with the club until January 5.

Having started out his career with his hometown club Plymouth Argyle, the 22-year-old went on to enjoy over a decade with the Pilgrims before making the move to the Welsh capital two years ago.

A player who has also represented the Republic of Ireland at both Under 19 and 21 level, the centre-forward played an integral part in Cardiff’s promotion campaign, scoring 12 goals in the process.

10Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Won their young player of the season last year, can't say I know that much about him but after seeing Mcnaughton and Danns come in I look forward to seeing what the young lad has to offer.

11Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 18:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Having started out his career with his hometown club Plymouth Argyle, the 22-year-old went on to enjoy over a decade with the Pilgrims before making the move to the Welsh capital two years ago.

So he signed for the Pilgrims when he was ten years old???? Shocked 

12Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 19:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Threlkeld has been with us since he was 8...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

13Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 20:56

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A decent player, and one who Burnley were after in the summer but Malky said he wasn't going to let anyone leave before the season started.

We would probably have been one of the clubs after him.

14Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:33

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Unlikely we'll get 2 more from Cardiff? If so does that mean the Gestede deal is off?
We already have McNaughton
wanderlust Dougie has already stated he's NOT interested in Gestede. As to this guy, well, if he's as good as the article suggests and wants to link up with us for a while I'm all for it.

15Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 21:51

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:OFFICIAL: Mason joins on loan

Bolton Wanderers have completed the loan signing of Joe Mason from Cardiff City.
The striker, who joined the Bluebirds in the summer of 2011, will remain with the club until January 5.

A player who has also represented the Republic of Ireland at both Under 19 and 21 level, the centre-forward played an integral part in Cardiff’s promotion campaign, scoring 12 goals in the process.

karly I just had a look at the official club site and can't find this statement, any idea where on there I should look?

16Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 22:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:

karly I just had a look at the official club site and can't find this statement, any idea where on there I should look?
The only thing I can think of Peter is that they must have announced it too early on the official BWFC website as the link to the source has now gone, I have a feeling that it will possibly be back tomorrow.

There is a alternate article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from The Bolton News if you prefer. Smile

17Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 22:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

League Cup Final 2012 -

18Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 23:35

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

The only thing I can think of Peter is that they must have announced it too early on the official BWFC website as the link to the source has now gone, I have a feeling that it will possibly be back tomorrow.

There is a alternate article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] from The Bolton News if you prefer. Smile
Thanks bud, I don't get the BEN where I live and gave up reading the 'official' site closely after they printed Megson's 'no other manager could do the job I've done here football people know how good I am and we were below derby when I came in you know' junk for about the fiftieth time. I hope this guy is as good as Dougie seems to think he is and he doesn't turn out to be warming a bench at our expense.

19Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 23:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
karlypants wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:

Thanks bud, I don't get the BEN where I live and gave up reading the 'official' site closely after they printed Megson's 'no other manager could do the job I've done here football people know how good I am and we were below derby when I came in you know' junk for about the fiftieth time. I hope this guy is as good as Dougie seems to think he is and he doesn't turn out to be warming a bench at our expense.
No problem. Smile

He will have the chance to play in 9 league games (I very much doubt he will feature in every game) for the Wanderers but I feel we should be trying to get some of our own strikers firing more.

20Joe Mason Empty Re: Joe Mason Mon Nov 11 2013, 23:59

If there's a view to a permanent deal in there then I think it's a decent move, otherwise I'd prefer us to be giving our own strikers a go. I suppose with C Davies struggling for fitness we've only got Beckford and N'gog, leaves us a little short.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum