Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman says there is much more to come from Andre Moritz

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andre Moritz announced himself on the Reebok in Saturday’s 3-1 win over Millwall – and Dougie Freedman believes his Samba star will soon be lighting up the place on a regular basis.

After nearly two months out with a groin injury the former Crystal Palace playmaker made a sensational comeback from the bench with a late goal to help seal Wanderers’ first home win of the season.

It was only Moritz’s fourth Champion-ship outing since arriving on a free transfer in the summer but Freedman thinks if the 27-year-old can stay fit, he could soon become a crowd favourite.

“I’ve been biting my tongue because he hasn’t been well or he hasn’t been fit,” he told The Bolton News.

“But he’ll be more frustrated than me because I have come in here and shouted at you guys what a good player he is and nobody has seen it yet.

“I was pleased with his 20 minutes there but don’t think that’s all. There is a lot more to come from him.

“But I just wanted to bring that kind of performance and entertainment to the club.

“I think the Bolton fans deserve it to be perfectly honest.

“He’s showing little glimpses of what he can do and as his manager I’m delighted.”

First-half goals from Rob Hall and Jermaine Beckford had given Wanderers a 2-1 lead going into a tense second half.

But when Moritz’s goal went in a minute from full time, relief swept around the Reebok, where Freedman’s side had not won since April.

But that was nothing compared to the weight lifted from the Brazilian’s shoulders as he marked his return to competitive action after months of injury and illness problems.

“It feels great to be back,” he said.

“That’s what I do best.

“Being away from what you love because of injury was difficult for me.

“But coming back that way and scoring a goal, I’m really, really happy.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

First time I saw him Saturday, great performance capped by a great goal. Hope he's over his problems and he performs to that level more consistently. Could be a surprise package?

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Much more to come from Moritz? Reassuring given that he has only seen a couple of hours playing time in total so far since signing.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Much more to come from Moritz? Reassuring given that he has only seen a couple of hours playing time in total so far since signing.
To be fair to Moritz he got crocked warming up before a game. Had he been injury free I reckon he would have been a regular for us this season. Don't forget, Dougie managed him at Palace so knows what he has to offer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum