Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

keeper Adam Bogdan suffers injury setback

+9
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
scottjames30
wanderlust
JAH
Angry Dad
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Adam Bogdan faces an extended spell on the sidelines – forcing Wanderers boss Dougie Freedman to consider his keeper options.

The Hungary international was originally pencilled in for a return from a knee injury in early December but has now fallen behind schedule after complications with his rehabilitation.

Though the 26-year-old returned to light running duties in training last week, Bogdan is now unlikely to play again until the new year.

“Adam is a little behind with where we would want to be, if I am being honest,” Freedman told The Bolton News.

“In the beginning it was an eight to 10-week injury we were looking at but I’m now told it’s 12 to 13. We could be looking at another five weeks.

“I don’t think the healing has been quite as good as we’d hoped it would be.

“The physios tell me it needs to be stripped back a little bit and given more time to naturally heal.”

Andy Lonergan has stepped seamlessly into the number one position in the last three games, while former Ipswich and Millwall keeper Arran Lee-Barrett was brought in as emergency cover on a two-month contract because back-up Jay Lynch continues to struggle with a back problem.

Lynch is no nearer a comeback, which could now mean the Whites need to extend Lee-Barrett’s stay.

“We need to be very, very careful with that situation,” Freedman said.

“We have only got a couple of keepers at the club at the moment so we need to watch that very closely and monitor it on a daily basis because we could be a bit fragile there.”

Freedman has also made the recruitment of a left-back a priority during the international break as he looks to strengthen his squad with one eye on the busy festive programme.

The Wanderers boss had Radcliffe-based Academy product Oscar Threlkeld on the bench in Saturday’s 3-1 win over Millwall but plans to target someone with Championship experience.

“We lost Marc Tierney and, though Alex Baptiste has done a wonderful job, eventually somewhere along the line you are going to have to look for a left-back,” he confirmed. “Over the two-week period we’ll have to get someone in.”

Wanderers lost three of the four Christmas and New Year games last season, with the only victory coming against Birmingham City.

And the Whites boss plans to be more prepared this time with home games against Charlton and Middlesbrough and away trips to Barnsley and Leicester City in less than a fortnight.

“I was very disappointed with the points return over the Christmas period last year,” Freedman said. “I felt I had a strong enough squad at the time but now, when I look back, I didn’t. I won’t make that mistake again.

“Four games in nine or 10 days – that’s 12 points – and that can put you in a very healthy position in this division.

“I think it’s a wise manager who makes sure he has a strong squad at that time of year.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

“We lost Marc Tierney and, though Alex Baptiste has done a wonderful job, eventually somewhere along the line you are going to have to look for a left-back,” he confirmed. “Over the two-week period we’ll have to get someone in.”

It looks like a left back is his no 1 priority.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Back of the net!!

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ok, which one of you people crocked Bogdan again? Was it the rouge banana skin or was it clipping his ankle in Tesco's? 

Ps. Good job! :biggrin: That means Lonners will just have to play for a few weeks longer! ::dance::

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not overjoyed with this seeing as we have to pay out for a loanee as Dougie won't trust the kid to stand in as back up.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Our luck is changing.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Our luck is changing.

It looks like a scene from Mo's coming out party! I bet one or two were greased up for the occasion.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've not missed so called "fans" celebrating injury to our own.

Disgrace if I'm honest.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I've not missed so called "fans" celebrating injury to our own.

Disgrace if I'm honest.
I'm celebrating our team's turn around in fortunes and more specifically our solid looking defence and 'reserve' keeper. If by Boggers being injured for longer that means Lonners has to remain (as we all know that Boggers will be back as No.1 as soon as he returns from injury no matter what) then I'm a very happy supporter! It can only be great for BWFC and for Adam to sit out until all those injuries have been properly fixed and the young chap is hungry to get back into the firing line again while our good results continue and we rise up the league.

Hipster, take your self-righteous opinion and stick it up your fucking arse! ::FU::

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kind of thing thats put me off posting.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Kind of thing thats put me off posting.
Man up Hips, dig deep son.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have to agree with Hipster here; celebrating an injury to anyone is poor at best, doing it over one of our own players is frankly sad. Personally I hope Adam gets fit very soon but I do agree that he shouldn't just walk back into the starting line up when he is fit. It's Lonergan's spot right now, he's doing pretty well and if Bogdan wants it back he has to earn it. However there is no way in hell I'm going to say I'm pleased by the fact he's injured or that his injury is going to take longer than originally thought to heal. I feel sorry for him and having had a serious knee injury myself I know just how uncomfortable and painful they are and how difficult the rehab process is. I wouldn't wish this type of injury on anyone.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't celebrating , that was my war dance.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After 8000+ posts on here and thousands on other sites can you really give up posting? It's in your blood.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Woe is me

If you don't celebrate an injury to our own then you need to 'man up' or 'stick your opinion up your arse'?

Some seriously thick people on this site.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't like seeing any of our squad injured. The more fit players we have, the more competition for places.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Tue Nov 12 2013, 18:57; edited 1 time in total

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Hi Hipster, where and how have you been? I hope all is well with you and yours. sunny

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

It's not like his leg's fallen off and we're all having a street party to celebrate.

Here's my spin on it:

Bogdan's fucking rubbish and we look far more solid at the back without him in the team.

Ergo, a few more weeks with somebody else in goal has got to be a good thing.

And he's a ginger.

And they all smell of wee.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

luckyPeterpiper wrote:I have to agree with Hipster here; celebrating an injury to anyone is poor at best, doing it over one of our own players is frankly sad. Personally I hope Adam gets fit very soon but I do agree that he shouldn't just walk back into the starting line up when he is fit. It's Lonergan's spot right now, he's doing pretty well and if Bogdan wants it back he has to earn it. However there is no way in hell I'm going to say I'm pleased by the fact he's injured or that his injury is going to take longer than originally thought to heal. I feel sorry for him and having had a serious knee injury myself I know just how uncomfortable and painful they are and how difficult the rehab process is. I wouldn't wish this type of injury on anyone.
Spot on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum