Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 3 Facebook pet hates

+6
bwfc71
Hipster_Nebula
Keegan
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did you seriously have an internet stalker ? I am not clued up on Facebook but the way my son explained it to me, I got the impression that you don't have to make friends with people you don't know. If someone anonymously sends you a friend request he told me that you can ignore it and they can't access your Facebook page.

22Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

You have to determine that you want your profile to be private - otherwise, anyone can access it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

23Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone knowing my business unless I knew them personally.

How do people have so much time nowadays to post so much tosh about themselves ?

24Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Tue Mar 13 2012, 22:57

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Smart Phones. There was an altercation recently in the Town I live where a boisterous chappie was taken into custody and upon discovering his pending incarceration, went from boisterous to Nucking Futs! He managed to get his cuffed hands infront of him, broke a glass door and picture frame with his head to get a piece of glass big enough to use as a weapon - caring not a whit for all the blood that was streaming from his face, head and elbows in the process and had the Police officers at bay for quite a while. BlackBerries appeared from all around as amateur camera-people were updating facebook and youtube with photos and video.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

25Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Tue Mar 13 2012, 23:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

1. People who post status updates in sentences which consist of a combination of first and third person English.

ie "Joe Bloggs is really fed up with my sister."
"John Smith can't understand what's wrong with my Playstation."

2. People who post passive/aggressive status updates aimed at one particular person, usually an ex-partner, for the benefit of all, to garner attention and sympathy. I have a few of these on my friends list and they are all female.

ie "You wait and see who'll win in the end dickhead."
"I'm not putting up with any more of your shit!!!"

3. People, again usually women, who plaster pictures of their babies - and even worse - nieces and nephews who are babies - all over Facebook. I have no interest in babies whatsoever, and I appreciate that they will have other friends that do, but it gets a bit much when there's 20 pictures of the same baby.

4. Facebook constantly changing the look and feel of the site. I have been on Facebook since 2007 and every time they do this, it has been a step backwards.

5. Facebook changing the default privacy settings in a way which makes my profile less private.

6. Game requests from people.

7. Facebook trying to get you to use their wank chat feature, switching it on by default, and then the awkwardness of getting chat requests from people when you didn't want to chat to them or anyone else in the first place.

8. Facebook using my interests to make money and market to me. Fuck off!

9. People who post a continuous stream of YouTube links on their Facebook which are all music videos. No problem with something new and original once in a while, but if I wanted to know what music you were into, I'd probably ask you or look at your profile. I don't give a shit.

10. People who use professional studio photos as their profile picture. Americans are the worst for this but they are not the only ones. All my profile pictures are of me doing something. Posing with Spiderman, playing poker, tending to a barbeque, celebrating a goal, and so on.

26Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 01:19

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The chat feature really is daft.

Can anybody tell me why my chat list consists of just a fraction of my friends, some online, some not?

What happened to the days where it was just a list of people who were online?

27Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 01:24

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the excitement of seeing you have a new message, then the disappointment when you realise it's not from the person you fancy chatting up, but a mitherer you cannot be arsed with!

28Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 08:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:Did you seriously have an internet stalker ? I am not clued up on Facebook but the way my son explained it to me, I got the impression that you don't have to make friends with people you don't know. If someone anonymously sends you a friend request he told me that you can ignore it and they can't access your Facebook page.

At the time, my FB was virtually unprotected - had been the same since I joined it in 2007. But that meant I could/and still get friend requests (now its only friends of friends) buut also meant most of my information was open to the public and "users" could message me. Everytime I did tighten up a bit, damn stupid FB code-writer wankers changed the privacy policy which meant that my profile was public yet again - after a while I just couldn't be arsed with chaging the setting yet again, until mid-last year when my internet-stalker struck. Since then I try to keep it as private as possible nowadays.

29Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 09:03

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I wouldn't say it's facebook itself that annoys me it's the people/idiots who use it.

I cringe at some people who I used to go to school with and what they post, basic english seems to have just vanished from their brain.

Changing words like ''is'' to ''iz'' and just leaving letters out of words ''I fink m goin owt tonyt''..... Mad

30Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 10:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Were you able to establish if the stalker was male or female ? What sort of activities did the stalker carry out ? Were you followed to and from Holland to the UK ?

Did you report the matter to the authorities and if so, was the Stalker ever traced ?

I only ask these questions because I have been led to believe that the Protection from Harassment Act is quite good in dealing with stalkers providing you know who they are.

31Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find it really useful. I never post anything, but my kids, nephews and nieces and their friends seem to think it's Ok to publish almost anything - which allows me to keep track of what they're up to e.g. my daughter phoned in one night with a lame excuse about going to a friends house to revise for her A levels, but thanks to Facebook I knew that she was going to a party. It's great for snooping. Also helps me keep a handle on what my cousins are up to in South Africa - which was not possible beforehand. The other good thing is that when I meet people abroad, I can usually tell if they're what they make themselves out to be from their facebook page.
Big Brother is watching you.

32Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 11:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Aye it's good for keeping touch with family who don't live close to you but some of the rubbish that people put on is unecessary, who cares what you have had for your tea.

33Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 13:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: The other good thing is that when I meet people abroad, I can usually tell if they're what they make themselves out to be from their facebook page.

So when you meet a person for the first time your first instinct is to check them out on Facebook?

34Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 13:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha, are you on Facebook? Can we be friends?

35Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 14:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yesterday you called me a plank and today you want to be friends?

36Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 14:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote: The other good thing is that when I meet people abroad, I can usually tell if they're what they make themselves out to be from their facebook page.

So when you meet a person for the first time your first instinct is to check them out on Facebook?

No but if you get on with people and they go through the "let's stay in touch" routine they frequently suggest Facebook as the medium. I now regularly check out the page of a Danish bird, even though 90% of her posts are in Danish - a language I don't speak. I've no idea how she's doing although the regular smileys suggest she's fine.
When I meet a person for the first time, my instinct is usually to listen, watch and try to keep my fat mouth shut for a while.

37Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 14:53

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Yesterday you called me a plank and today you want to be friends?

I have lots of planks on my friends list. Did you not read all my gripes about some of them above?

38Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 16:49

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You are not worthy of me LH.

39Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 22:25

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People who constantly comment on their boyfriend or girlfriend. Sad fcukers.

40Top 3 Facebook pet hates - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 3 Facebook pet hates Wed Mar 14 2012, 22:35

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

You have to be very careful with any social network. They are definitely not secure, and there are all sorts of organisations in the background collecting information, when you post a photo, the smart ones can find out your exact location and the time it was taken. Be very careful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum