Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Davies steps up Bolton Wanderers comeback in training ground friendly

+2
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers midfielder Mark Davies will play in a reserve friendly behind closed doors at Euxton today as he edges closer to a return to action.

The 25-year-old has been sidelined since February with a cruciate knee ligament injury, just days after agreeing a new deal at the Reebok Stadium.

But he has been back in training for a month as he looks to return ahead of schedule.

And manager Dougie Freedman says that could even be as soon as the first-team trip to Wigan a week on Sunday.

Freedman said: "He is in super condition and there is no problem with his knee at all.
"I have him half-pencilled in for maybe the Wigan or Charlton game."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
"I have him half-pencilled in for maybe the Wigan or Charlton game."

Ha ha, the Dougie kiss of death. He said this about Moritz in August.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Both he and Vela are pencilled in to play 65 minutes tonight.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't expect an immediate return to his best form..... will take quite a few games IMO.  But get him in as a sub for starters.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:I don't expect an immediate return to his best form..... will take quite a few games IMO. 
Has he ever had a "best form"?

He's had some good moments but is largely anonymous during most games. Not the savour people are hoping for - and a top level ponce to boot.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Very easily quietened by a stray elbow and hiding ensues. Can't see what the excitement is?

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
terenceanne wrote:I don't expect an immediate return to his best form..... will take quite a few games IMO. 

He's had some good moments but is largely anonymous during most games. Not the savour people are hoping for - and a top level ponce to boot.
Don't you mean saviour?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:Don't you mean saviour?
I know what I meant.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Aye .... but relative to the current lot he is a blinder.  Can pass and dribble a with a ball .... Now if Holden can get back after Christmas we could be getting somewhere. Of course presuming Doogie doesn't put the mockers on it all with his advanced tactical skills.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum