Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman says chairmen should be more patient

+5
Angry Dad
Sluffy
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman was appointed in October 2012, but is already the seventh longest-serving boss in the division.

"The demands to get into the Premier League makes chairmen make decisions which, in hindsight, might not have been the right one," said Freedman.

"It happens every season. I don't think statistics will tell you otherwise."

Former Crystal Palace and Nottingham Forest striker Freedman replaced Owen Coyle at the Reebok Stadium.

Coyle left Wigan on Monday, after less than six months in the job, one of three Championship managers to lose their jobs this week.

Bolton lie 19th in the table, just four points above the relegation zone, but 39-year-old Freedman feels managers should be given more time to put their stamp on a club.

"Owen had a short period of time to try and get some results and I feel for him because he has been in Europe too which takes its toll," he told BBC Radio Manchester.

"We all understand what the role is and maybe that is why we don't get too emotional in terms of up and down results.

"We try and work towards the longer term future, making sure the club is in good health and that is my aim."

Meanwhile, Freedman said he was "very pleased" with the return of midfielder Mark Davies, who played 65 minutes of a practice match against Rochdale on Wednesday.

The former Wolves man played for the first time since suffering a serious knee injury at the end of February.

The Scot added: "I made a difficult decision to leave Mark out for another month so he is very fit. He will return to the first team in a couple of weeks."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, you know the writing is on the wall when managers start telling Chairmen to be more patient.

Dougie - you're well paid to achieve results. Do you ever hear other well paid professionals (lawyers, doctors, accountants) saying they should be given more time?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

what Nat said...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

We are in this mess because Gartside gave Coyle way, way too much time!

He should nave been sacked once it became apparant he was clueless.

Whelan didn't hesitate and he sussed him in under six months!

Do they get sacked nearly as often or as quickly? No, so the points completely irrelevant.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Sluffy wrote:We are in this mess because Gartside gave Coyle way, way too much time!

He should nave been sacked once it became apparant he was clueless.

Whelan didn't hesitate and he sussed him in under six months!
Should'nt whelan have sussed it when coyle was at bolton and not given him the job in the first place!! that makes wheelan a fool in my book not clever in taking six months to work out what was already staring him in the face.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chairmen and managers always go on about long term goals, but they all know deep down it is all about the here and now and one bad run generally means a sacking.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why leave Davies out another month, it's like he's trying to wind me up

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If we could detect improvement on pitch and are getting unlucky to be dropping points....then fair enough. Give the manager more time. Today however the football is dire ....certainly negative...and we are exactly were we deserve to be.....that is bottom feeders in the division.
If Fat Phil and big Eddie think that's good enough then there's nowt we can do about it.

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ha ha, you know the writing is on the wall when managers start telling Chairmen to be more patient.

Dougie - you're well paid to achieve results. Do you ever hear other well paid professionals (lawyers, doctors, accountants) saying they should be given more time?
The only people not asking for more time are convicts!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum