Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

3 points better off

+9
Whitesince63
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
wanderlust
scottjames30
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

13 points better off Empty 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 13:53

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At this stage last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Douglas says that he's turned Bolton around though, so no panic then.

23 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 14:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper, I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK OFF.

We know we're shite, but we don't need some smug Burnley wanker telling us we're shite. Despite the huge difference in points and placing, we all know both teams will end up with the same thing come May - fuck all.

33 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 14:44

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ban this dingle.

43 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 14:47

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Copper, I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK OFF.

We know we're shite, but we don't need some smug Burnley wanker telling us we're shite. Despite the huge difference in points and placing, we all know both teams will end up with the same thing come May - fuck all.

Thanx for beating me to it and relieving me of the pleasure!!

53 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 15:29

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:Copper, I think I speak for everyone when I say FUCK OFF.

You on the blob?

You don't speak for anyone Lady Jane, in fact you should only speak when you are spoken to.

I've just taken the stamp off the envelope with your Christmas card inside. You aren't getting it now.

Last edited by Copper Dragon on Mon Dec 16 2013, 15:47; edited 1 time in total

63 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 15:45

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ffs do they have a postal service in dingle?

73 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 15:48

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I wouldn't know, I don't live on a peninsula in Ireland.

83 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 16:14

The table doesn't look good at the moment, I'm still confident of us getting on a run though. Less caution would help, 6 points from the next two is a must though.

93 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 16:17

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If the world had an arsehole Burnley would be it.

Nuff said.

103 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 16:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The team in the final play off spot also had 33 points at this stage of the season so we're going to have to have an even greater transformation than last year if we are to get there this year. Pulling back 11 points and a hefty GD (so 12 really) would be a monumental effort but I don't think we're capable of it unless Santa brings us a new squad.

We've already had 2 transformations this season. Early days we couldn't attack or defend, then we could defend but not attack, now we can attack but not defend. We need to learn to both and soon.

113 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 17:25

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The league was poor last season compared to this season IMO, after seeing us at home all season and a few away games this season their is no way we are even getting close to the play offs.....well unless dougie goes.

123 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 17:52

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's certainly still plenty of points to play for.

Apart from QPR the rest of us won't really know how the season is going to properly pan out until around February/March time.

Some of the things that Douglas has been saying recently have been quite baffling .

133 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 17:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Focus on your own team then.

143 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 18:01

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The league was incredibly open last season, which meant teams were relegation candidates one week and play-off challengers the next. However well you think we did in the final few months, you have to admit we were helped by this. 
Things look to be shaping up similarly this season. It's nowhere near too late to put a run together. Don't forget, our run last season only started in February. 

It's a question of quality, not maths.

153 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 21:44

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:The league was incredibly open last season, which meant teams were relegation candidates one week and play-off challengers the next. However well you think we did in the final few months, you have to admit we were helped by this. 
Things look to be shaping up similarly this season. It's nowhere near too late to put a run together. Don't forget, our run last season only started in February. 

It's a question of quality, not maths.

Unfortunately quality is sadly lacking IMO.

163 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 22:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The difference this year is that we can't hope to have as much good fortune as we did last year. Anyone who seriously thinks we've got a cat in hell's chance of repeating that this year needs urgent medical assistance.

173 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Mon Dec 16 2013, 23:00

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we really are still serious about the play offs a change in approach would go a long way to improving matters. The only time we look a decent side is when we're chasing the game and have to play more positively. We looked a half decent side for a while there at Wigan until we got it back to 2-2. Unfortunately playing positive attacking football is against Duggie's religion.

183 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Tue Dec 17 2013, 00:43

Bolton Nuts

Admin

That's always going to be the case though. Of course we looked better at two nil down. Wigan started off high and pressing, at home, new manager. Got a pen and added a second. They couldn't keep up that sort of pressure so they had to back it off. Wigan drop off and stop pressing - so we by default look better. Its impossible to realistically think that it can be simplified into "if we played like that for 90 mins we would win" - if it was a reasonable argument every team could point to their best spell in a game and suggest that their team should have maintained that level and won. Its just not practical. And its all too easy as a supporter to make rash and ill considered comments knowing you don't really have to back them up.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

193 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Wed Dec 18 2013, 18:43

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Transition come next August no Knight, if we keep Mavies ,Moritz CYL ,get Connor Wilkinson up front and get a decent start.The 8 match unbeaten run started with Knight being dropped.DF ( dumb Fuk) finally realised the lanky twat was a goal a game start to the opposition.Last season went to I'd say 15 away matches,Ipswich,Peterborough,Charlton,Millwall,Wolves,Birmingham and many more.I went to Burnley and Forest this year after Knightmares performance at Forest I knew we were on a hiding to nothing.Its bad enough at the Reebok 2 wins as a season ticket holder.I was at Wigan and saw hope with Moritz n Mavies,Beckfords lost his touch but hopefully Mavies n Moritz can reignite Bolton.Maybe too late this  :COYW: year but I'm feeling their is hope for next August.DF will still be here as we can't afford to sack him anyhow.Transition we will see.

203 points better off Empty Re: 3 points better off Thu Dec 19 2013, 13:08

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I don't blame Doogie 100% but I think his piss poor tactics and various selections have cost us quite a few points this season.  3-0 win over Doncaster had some worked up again that the corner had turned...Doncaster lost their next game at home 0-3 ......  we beat a poor team that's all.

I hope we can make a run but honestly can't see how at the moment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum