Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standing at football games to be brought back?

+12
karlypants
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
scottjames30
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Not sure I could manage a full 90 minutes stood up these days but football never seemed right to watch it sat down at the ground (although I've sat watching games on the embankment at Burnden many a time when the crowds were small - happy days!).

Standing could make a permanent return at all levels of the Football League after its 72 clubs were sent a document canvassing their opinion on the issue.

It is currently allowed in Leagues One and Two but Championship grounds must be all-seater after a club has played in the second tier for three seasons.

The consultation paper was sent to all Football League clubs on Friday.

The clubs, who had asked for more information about standing, will debate the issue at a meeting in February.

"It is now over to the clubs to get their views," said Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey.

Loads more on the link here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25526329

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'd welcome standing sections at the reebok, I think it would create a bit more of an atmosphere in a way.

Have each corner of the stands as standing sections.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've missed it terribly and so has Turf Moor.

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I tried it at Wigan but there was a couple of youngsters sat behind me, so I mostly sat down

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I stood up at Wigan, it's the future!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people in the west stand upper aren't awake long enough to stand up.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What sort of bellend wants to stand up for 90 minutes rubbing shoulders with common folk?

I used to get felt up all the time at Burnden Park, pretty women shouldn't have to face that in 2013.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Not for me, at 5'3", I always ended up behind a couple of 6 footers.   

Nat, how can you be felt up in Burnden in 2013. You still hanging out on your favourite corners ? Very Happy

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:What sort of bellend wants to stand up for 90 minutes rubbing shoulders with common folk?

I used to get felt up all the time at Burnden Park, pretty women shouldn't have to face that in 2013.

Do you not stand up when you watch Bolton Away?

Or do you get someone to do it for you?

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Home games are for sitting down, mainly because we're watching snooze football Sleep  However, away games are for standing up, because it's generally a good pissup!  :drinks:

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

In what other situations do people say "no thanks, I'd rather stand up"?

If standing means cheaper tickets and therefore bigger crowds, great. Otherwise, keep things as they are.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:In what other situations do people say "no thanks, I'd rather stand up"?

I got on a train last week which was full to the rafters. Some old bloke said to me "...you can sit on my lap hot stuff".

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this is a good idea!

I can't sit still for 90 minutes and that's why I usually go in nob head corner where everybody stands  Very Happy 

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Small section for home supporters, and definitely for away fans. It must be less safe having people stood up in designated seated areas, not to mention those that prefer to sit can't because of other people standing.

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:In what other situations do people say "no thanks, I'd rather stand up"?

I got on a train last week which was full to the rafters. Some old bloke said to me "...you can sit on my lap hot stuff".

Bollocks.

You've never used public transport in your life.

And Doffy,

You've obviously never visited a haemorrhoid clinic......

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

You've obviously never visited a haemorrhoid clinic......

Either that or you have just been bummed...

Er.......yeah...........

(Shakes head and backs away slowly.)

I'd always prefer to stand at a concert to be fair.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Er.......yeah...........

(Shakes head and backs away slowly.)

That must be the first time I have seen you speechless on here!  Laughing 

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Current list of clubs which back the campaign (Bolton not officially backed):

Aldershot Town, Aston Villa, Barnsley, Brentford, Bristol City, Burnley, Cardiff City, Crystal Palace, Derby County, Doncaster Rovers, Exeter City, Hull City, Leeds United, Luton Town, Oldham Athletic, Peterborough United, Plymouth Argyle, Portsmouth, Shrewsbury Town, Sunderland, Swansea City, Swindon Town, Watford, AFC Wimbledon, Wolverhampton Wanderers, the Scottish Premier League and the Safe Standing Roadshow.

http://fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safe-standing/

Maybe any pro-standers want to back the campaign:

http://fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/safe-standing-goes-to-hull-and-back

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum