Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things that make you go "Yeah, actually...I'm proud to be English"

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm old enough now to remember when we didn't get much sport on the telly, so when we did it was a bit special.

And we looked forward to seeing our sports stars giving their all for our entertainment.

And there was one programme on the box that really exited us because not only did show them being sporty, it also mixed it up a bit and showed us how shit Kevin Keegan was on a bike and proved that John Conteh was as cool as we'd all previously thought. He could shoot hoops on a basketball court. Before we even had basketball in England....

And Brian Jacks was the king of the dip. (Google it, kids.)

Anyway, here's the sound that evokes such sweet memories for us old guys. (Just ignore the NFL reference, they nicked it off us.)

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

43, fucking old, you're just a pup, kinell, what about poor old decrepit Sluffy. Very Happy

Thanks, Banksy but I know I'm old now.

I tried explaining black and white telly to my nephew yesterday and he laughed in my face and said "Uncle Dave......you should write for Doctor Who cos your ideas are crazy!"

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Being English would be our sense of fair play, our Royal family, one man one vote. Very Happy 

Most of all winning the World Cup in 66 and being old ??? enough to get pissed.

Yes.

Absolutely.....I think.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm proud to be English (and a bit British at a stretch) because we invented every fecking thing that matters - football, cricket, computers (Babbage) and how they work (Alan Turing), IVF (Louise Brown / Allen Steptoe), DNA (Crick and some yank helper), training shoes (Reebok - Foster's of Bolton), maths (Isaac Newton), time (Greenwich Mean Time), space travel (H G Wells), and even the world's language (English).

I'm proud to be English because the rest of the world is queueing up to live here.

I'm ashamed to be English because we let them as most of them seem to be here just for benefits, the NHS and council houses and to not integrate into our society but expect us to kowtow to theirs.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I'm proud to be English (and a bit British at a stretch) because we invented every fecking thing that matters - football, cricket, computers (Babbage) and how they work (Alan Turing), IVF (Louise Brown / Allen Steptoe), DNA (Crick and some yank helper), training shoes (Reebok - Foster's of Bolton), maths (Isaac Newton), time (Greenwich Mean Time), space travel (H G Wells), and even the world's language (English).

I'm proud to be English because the rest of the world is queueing up to live here.

I'm ashamed to be English because we let them as most of them seem to be here just for benefits, the NHS and council houses and to not integrate into our society but expect us to kowtow to theirs.

Good post that Sluffy!

Can't agree more!  :uk: 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum