Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Honest Manager comments...

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Honest Manager comments... Empty Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 11:18

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Boro manager Aitor Karanka -

“The problem was we played thinking we are better than we really are.
“We need to play like we did against Burnley and Reading. For me it the was the worst we have played since we came to the club.
“I was disappointed that we let a two-goal lead slip but watching the game I didn’t think we deserved to go 2-0 up, we scored two goals from mistakes. I didn’t like my team because I am sure that we can play much, much better than we played.”

VS Dougie...

"Zat Knight will take it on the chin and after the mistakes there wasn't much else he did wrong in the game. He stood up and did well.
"But I'm not going to sit here and defend Zat because he's a big guy and he can do that himself. The fans are entitled to their opinion because they pay good money."

Just saying, like.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 11:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Struggling to see how DFs comments can be construed as anything less than honest.
I think we would have won if it wasn't for Knights blunders early doors - Dougie seems to think that too.
Knight got better after his cockups? True.
Fans entitled to their opinions? True.
Seems fair enough to me.

3Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 11:40

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The title is "Honest manager comments" - I didn't say Dougie was dishonest. Although I admit the "VS" may have implied something like that by mistake.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

4Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Boro manager is basically saying his team were shite and lucky to draw. Dougie is saying we're "so close" to being Barcelona.

I keep saying it, but he would get more respect (and therefore more time) from the fans if he was a bit more honest.

The way Dougie tells it we've deserved to win all our games and only bad luck and individual errors has stopped us having maximum points.

5Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

people still worry about glorified PR exercises and sound bites.

I still don't understand it, i mean fair enough but it's beyond me.

6Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:people still worry about glorified PR exercises and sound bites.

I still don't understand it, i mean fair enough but it's beyond me.

You don't know for a fact that Dougie doesn't believe what he spouts.

And just because it's probably bullshit doesn't make it right.

7Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Like i said i can see why it might draw some ire after a defeat when tensions are high, but if you actually reflect on it it's not particularly important, and 99% of managers treat it in the same way.

8Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 14:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Dougie is saying we're "so close" to being Barcelona.

The way Dougie tells it we've deserved to win all our games and only bad luck and individual errors has stopped us having maximum points.

I must have missed that bit. I thought he said Knight made mistakes and the fans have the right to an opinion.

Or is that bullshit about Barcelona and deserving to win all our games just in your head?

9Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:15

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Show me one part of what Dougie said that is incorrect? fair appraisal i would say, stop looking for problems, trust me we have enough without inventing utter rubbish.

10Honest Manager comments... Empty Re: Honest Manager comments... Thu Jan 02 2014, 19:52

wessy wrote:Show me one part of what Dougie said that is incorrect? fair appraisal i would say, stop looking for problems, trust me we have enough without inventing utter rubbish.

Agreed most of what he says is honest, but even the times when it's not who cares? It's all a PR exercise not a reflection of what's being said behind closed doors.

Too many of our fans at the moment are inventing things to moan about purely because they want a change in manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum