Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beckford & Ngog The new Reeves Philliskirk?

+3
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Triumph
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am probably one a few that has never doubted that Ngog has what it takes to be a top player, whilst I refused to go to Saturdays game reports and footage say he played really well. Of course there will still be doubters and I fear DF will revert back to his one striker, Lets hope he doesn't and both Beckford and Ngog both get a chance.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Glad you all agree.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:I am probably one a few that has never doubted that Ngog has what it takes to be a top player.

So one half decent game after 50 shit ones makes him a top player?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd like to see them both play together.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ngog is a handful when he puts the effort in, and he'd be a fool not to in the coming five months.

We should accept our losses, and allow him a platform on which to sell himself.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If N'Gog doesn't move on in this transfer window, we might as well stick him upfront with Beckford and just go for it for the remainder of the season.

We won't be going up or down this season, but we can certainly improve on our current League position with starting those two for the remainder of the season.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd like to see them both play together.

Hello sailor.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OP the answer is no; neither man has anything like the heart reeves and philiskirk had. 

Don't get me wrong here, I think both players have it in them to do well. They're both talented footballers but the problem is they aren't consistent by any means and their heads drop way too easily. 

Beckford had a decent run then missed one and his head sank faster than a soho stripper's knickers. 

As to Ngog, personally I rate him highly on his day but he doesn't have enough of them and he sometimes looks like a petulant child if things don't go his way. 

Dougie should be taking them both aside and telling them they are good enough but they need to man up but in fairness to Ngog and Beckford he ALSO needs to tell the midfield to keep the football and get it to one of the strikers rather than trip over their own feet and give it away every two minutes. More of the Blackpool game and a LOT less of the Blackburn Rovers match would go a long way to helping us get higher up the league and have a decent cup run to boot.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd like to see them both play together.

Hello sailor.

Any port in a storm.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum