Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Solksjaer confirms that Cardiff City ready to do business with Wanderers over Mason

+5
Reebok_Rebel
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
doffcocker
karlypants
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cardiff boss Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has confirmed that Joe Mason could be loaned out to Wanderers later today.

The 22-year-old striker spent a short spell at the Reebok at the tail end of last year and has attracted interest from Brighton and Bournemouth, who were quoted £2million for his services.

Wanderers want to loan him for the rest of the season – and while it looked like they would have to wait until the loan window reopened in a fortnight, Solksjaer’s comments at his morning press conference today suggest a deal is ready to be done.

The Norwegian also confirmed that Kevin McNaughton would not be loaned back to Bolton.

"He is an important part of our squad because he is very adaptable," he said.

Source

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Crap news.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not thrilled by this, Mason didn't exactly set the pitch on fire last time he was here. Would've preferred Ole to say no to mason and yes to McNaughton to be honest. With Dawson going to Wigan we still need an LB desperately.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think we won't get a left back now, i'll be waiting and watching the lovely Natalie and Jim in blind hope more then expectation.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He wont come...

This is how the conversation will go.

PG - Hi Ollie, can we have mason?
OGS - Hmm, yeh, if you want. Make me an offer.
PG - Offer?
OGS - well, yes, some form of small fee will be payable.
PG - Oh right, like that is it. fine, fuck you then, im not getting held to ransom by nobody.

ROGUEMANNY

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Apparently Mason can't agree due to personal reasons

No doubt DF has no backup plan

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Does any one want him anyway?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:Does any one want him anyway?

Just Dougie I think.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Didn't stand out for me as the man to lead our attack force, however I think he may look a different player alongside another striker....plus launching balls at him like he was kevin davies didn't help the lad I feel.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Didn't stand out for me as the man to lead our attack force, however I think he may look a different player alongside another striker....plus launching balls at him like he was kevin davies didn't help the lad I feel.
aaron do you really believe that dougie is EVER going to play TWO men up front? If so what medication are you on mate? In all seriousness though Mason doesn't appear to be coming and I for one feel that's no bad thing. 

I just don't get why we've let Cravies out on loan when he's the ONLY fit striker who actually belonged to us still here. I'd have kept him, recalled Tom Eaves and swerved the lutkiewicz deal.

We're still screaming for a left back yet Dougie is playing "shuffle the strikers" and signing a midfielder on a weird buy now pay later deal plus two "kids" for the development squad. One of them's called Popescu and actually IS a left back of TWENTY years of age but apparently he's here on trial only to see if he fits in with the kid's team not the first team.

This window has been bonkers, stark raving nuts.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't believe he will start 2 up front again all season LPP, I just think that is the best formation for Mason - which is why I reckon he maybe reluctant to back here, can't say I blame him.

I refuse to believe there isn't one half decent full back, left or right footed available right now on loan.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I don't believe he will start 2 up front again all season LPP, I just think that is the best formation for Mason - which is why I reckon he maybe reluctant to back here, can't say I blame him.

I refuse to believe there isn't one half decent full back, left or right footed available right now on loan.
Aaron Darcy Blake was released by Crystal Palace "by mutual consent" about an hour and a half ago. I personally think he's decent at Championship Level, he did alright under Dougie but for some reason never really got going under Holloway who brought in new faces. I don't know if there's anything in the works but if he was coming here that would be a decent move in my book. He's no genius but he's solid and has a decent pass on him as well. He started his career as a left sided midfielder and later switched to Left Back. Maybe DF knew this was happening?

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We already have a decent right back Hayden White already on Bolton's books played well v QPR very fast.Proper left back n put Baptiste with Mills as centre backs.Ream can play in midfield.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum