Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Freedmans Bolton record identical to his Palace one...

+3
doffcocker
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

At Palace Freedman...
Won 32 Lost 32 Drew 28

At Bolton
Won 23 Lost 23 Drew 24

Ok, so not identical but pretty similar. Won the same amount as lost and drawn near enough the same too. Points per game wise it's very close.

So why, when we were poaching him from Palace, were so many Bolton fans really up for it?? People thought he had a great record at Palace and he we just the sort of fresh young manager we needed. He comes and reproduces the same form at Bolton and everyone is shocked and disappointed.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:At Palace Freedman...
Won 32 Lost 32 Drew 28

At Bolton
Won 23 Lost 23 Drew 24

Ok, so not identical but pretty similar. Won the same amount as lost and drawn near enough the same too. Points per game wise it's very close.

So why, when we were poaching him from Palace, were so many Bolton fans really up for it?? People thought he had a great record at Palace and he we just the sort of fresh young manager we needed. He comes and reproduces the same form at Bolton and everyone is shocked and disappointed.

To be fair I never wanted him, I always wanted someone with more experience at least.

He needed to start at a lower division club in my opinion to gain experience before he came to a bigger club like ours.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I never wanted him. I never rated him during our good run last season.
I only changed my mind to a positive view when I could see the potential in what he was trying to do this season. Fir me though there was no basis, based on his Palace record, to believe he was any good.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It was stupid to gamble so much money on somebody who'd achieved so little.

I think you can only judge a chairman's managerial appointments on how reasonable they seemed at the time.

Even if it had worked out here for Dougie, you'd have to look back at the original decision and think Gartside took a massive gamble and was just lucky it paid off.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And how was Palace near the top?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Palace got promoted without him  Razz 

How much experience do you need exactly to realize that Zat is a donkey....loan all you strikers out and bring guys in to sit on the bench.... play one striker at home against pub teams etc etc.
A 12 year old can see somat is not right.

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I suppose the majirity of fans just looked at Palace's current position at the time, Including Gartside.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:I suppose the majirity of fans just looked at Palace's current position at the time, Including Gartside.
Including Dougie. He obviously thought that we'd be going straight back up with a squad that got all the media plaudits but haven't backed it up.

Although my mate says he was pushed out of Palace having done all the no budget dirty work - which is what he was presumably chosen for. 

So neither us nor Palace seemed to have viewed Dougie as a long term option IMO.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I have also heard that he was being pushed out at Palace, his contract was nearly up and they were not up for discussing a renewal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum