Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman: Bolton manager 'does not fear for job'

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
karlypants
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton manager Dougie Freedman says he does not fear for his position despite more frustration at the Reebok Stadium.

Wanderers have won just two league games at home this term and lost 1-0 to promotion-chasing Burnley on Tuesday.

The defeat leaves Bolton 19th in the Championship table and five points above the relegation zone.
Play media

When asked if he worried for his job, Freedman told BBC Radio Manchester: "I don't have that sort of fear. I don't live my life that way."

The former Crystal Palace manager, 39, continued: "My experience tells me I'm a fighter, I like a challenge and I'm a person who keeps on going.

"People say football's got a habit of kicking you in the teeth and it certainly does - I'm finding that right now.

"I understand where we are and I don't fear for anything. All I do is care for my group of players and make sure they go out there fully committed."

Wanderers were in a similar position in the table at this stage last season but produced a remarkable run and only missed out on a play-off spot on goal difference.

But Freedman came under more pressure from Bolton fans after their winless sequence in the league, which stretches back to Boxing Day, reached eight matches on Tuesday.

"They pay good money and they're frustrated, I understand that, but they can't say our team's not giving it a go or we're lacking commitment for the jersey," added the Scot. "Small mistakes are costing us dearly right now.

"I can't criticise the players tonight. I would if I thought it wasn't quite right. We played well, as we did in the first half against Bournemouth and many times, but 45 minutes is not quite enough.

"We need one or two people really to step up to the plate and be a little bit more responsible for taking a goal or keep a goal out of our net."

Bolton's next Championship fixture is at Millwall, a team two points and two places below Wanderers in the table, on Saturday.

Freedman hopes to have full-back Goran Popov, currently on loan at West Bromwich Albion from Dynamo Kiev, in his squad for that game, having seen his attempts to sign the Macedonia international held up by the authorities.

The Premier League and Football League have so far refused to sanction the transfer as rules state that Football League sides are only allowed to sign players from English clubs outside the transfer window. 

Source

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

its all soundbites from Freedman isn't it? I think he must have taken lessons from a few politicians, he says plenty but actually it all means diddly squat.

He shouldn't have to fear for his job now, he should have lost it weeks ago.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:its all soundbites from Freedman isn't it? I think he must have taken lessons from a few politicians, he says plenty but actually it all means diddly squat.

He shouldn't have to fear for his job now, he should have lost it weeks ago.

as it is with all managers of every football club on the planet.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He doesn't fear for his position because he knows Gartside is a big girl, and Gartside is probably scared of Freedman.

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

yeah i bet freedman takes the fat bastards dinner money off him  Laughing

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

"They pay good money and they're frustrated, I understand that, but they can't say our team's not giving it a go or we're lacking commitment for the jersey"

Dougie, I think that's EXACTLY WHAT THEY CAN SAY YOU MORON

What planet does he live on? There was no fight or passion at all in the second half. We were woeful, our heads dropped and we stopped running as soon as we conceded and we never started again. 

I don't know what can be said about the manager and chairman that hasn't been said a hundred times already. Phil and Dougie out.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:yeah i bet freedman takes the fat bastards dinner money off him  Laughing

I bet he gives him a wedgie  Laughing .

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We've forgotten what good football looks like at Bolton.
Let's face it, we've had almost nothing to get excited about at the Reebok all season. So when we have a period where we do anything remotely positive, people get carried away, nobody more so than Dougie.

The first half was just a very open game. It's not that we played very well. We were still restricted to long shots and difficult chances as usual, and Burnley had a few of their own.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum