Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts

+15
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Culcheth_White
Triumph
MartinBWFC
carrs
Sluffy
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
JAH
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 15:35

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even though he basically said that here.

“These young lads can get dragged into things online and the way certain words are interpreted can cause problems,” admitted Freedman.

“They get carried away and a smiley face can sometimes read to fans like ‘why are you smiling after a game?’ He could have pressed the wrong button or anything like that.

62Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 15:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is just Dougie flexing his managerial muscles.

There's absolutely nothing in this - "curtains" is a fair response to our current form and the defeat to Burnley. They weren't mocking anyone, just stating a fact. People are acting like they said "Dougie is a shit manager and is getting sacked in the morning".

Get thumped 7-1 at Reading and Dougie is scared to read the riot act. A harmless comment or two on Twitter and Dougie goes mental because it's young players.

The man is a top class fool, and all those defending the manager need to wake up to what is going on.

63Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 15:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can someone point to the part where he "went mental"

64Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 16:05

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Can someone point to the part where he "went mental"

Read his CV

65Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 16:07

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Very disappointing to hear this. I know they are overlooked for selection and can understand their frustration, but they'd be better off using that motivation to improve their performances and give Dougie no reason to overlook them any more.
wander they could play like Messi and he still wouldn't pick them. I can't believe you haven't figured this out for yourself but Dougie has no intention of playing ANY of his "prospects" this season at all. I would have thought it would be blindingly obvious when he refused to make changes after the Reading fiasco because it was "unfair to ask them to play in such an important game" and then went on to add he was "quietly confident" that the very same idiots who had just been given the worst drubbing of a generation "deserve to be out there" and "will bounce back; they've done it before". We haven't won a game since, in fact we've scraped one draw since that debacle and that's it. By now it should be clear the normal first team ISN'T bouncing back and never will but he still refuses to accept that. Dougie believes we're "one win away from a really good run" but even Coco the Clown could see we won't GET one win while he picks the same losers week in week out and plays the same atrocious "system". 

I appreciate you defend Dougie and I understand your reasons most of the time but this comment was foolish. How can anyone think he'll ever pick them given he refuses to do so when the "performances" his senior players have provided this season have been so dire. There's no point in saying we've had chances, been unlucky or one little mistake has cost us. At best this team plays half a match and then heads drop, we concede and that's all she wrote.

As to these three, yes they're idiots but so what? I think they should be hauled up, fined two weeks wages and told that they're gone if they repeat the mistake. Everyone deserves a second chance and footballers are hardly the cream of intelligentsia at the best of times, young footballers who are raring to go but know they've got more chance of being on the manned mission to Mars than they have of getting a first team start are going to vent their spleen somewhere and Twitter is this generation's version of the pub, a place where people meet up to have a moan about the boss. 

Personally if I was a club manager I'd ban the players from having Twitter accounts at all and tell 'em if they wanna whinge about me go ahead but do it in private rather than plastering it all over the internet after I had a long talk to try and find out what their problem is to begin with and see if we can't sort it out between us.

66Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 16:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Very disappointing to hear this. I know they are overlooked for selection and can understand their frustration, but they'd be better off using that motivation to improve their performances and give Dougie no reason to overlook them any more.
wander they could play like Messi and he still wouldn't pick them. I can't believe you haven't figured this out for yourself but Dougie has no intention of playing ANY of his "prospects" this season at all. 

I appreciate you defend Dougie and I understand your reasons most of the time but this comment was foolish. How can anyone think he'll ever pick them given he refuses to do so when the "performances" his senior players have provided this season have been so dire. T
Interesting interpretation of what I wrote if slightly padded out with an off-topic rant, but...
My comment related to their lack of professionalism - and stupidity - evidenced by the fact that they have nothing to gain whatsoever by making those comments so it was a very dumb thing to do even if it was well-intentioned. My view is it's a storm in a teacup.

As to whether Dougie has no intention of playing them...
Neither you or I or anyone else who posts on here are in a position to comment about that as we can't read his mind. What can be said is that he has suggested they have not shown that they are good enough/ready yet - which is why he says he hasn't picked them.
A different question is whether we agree with him that they are not ready/good enough yet. Personally, I couldn't say because unlike Dougie, I don't get to see them in training or in practice games. I have seen Hall, Odelusi and Vela live or on telly/t'internet when they have made an appearance and there was nothing there to convince me that they're any better than the regulars - with one exception: Vela impressed me the first time he appeared (a couple of seasons ago?) but then was completely out of his depth the next time he got a run out. From what I've seen (which is limited) I'm inclined to agree with Dougie, but if someone who has seen them more often than I have is willing to make a case for their inclusion I'd be very interested.

67Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 16:34

carrs

David Lee
David Lee

Sorry MR DF I was shown smacking my head on twitter the girlfriend had just phoned and asked did I pick up the new curtains she ordered.
I forgot didn't I so I took the piss out of myself to try and work my way out it the grief she would be giving me.

68Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 18:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

So when the likes of SKD, Ricketts and Andrews are quoted as being upset by Dougie it's perhaps understandable them being negative. When we hear quotes of players leaving a coach making derogatory quotes about Freedman, they could have been misheard or even invented. Now tweets on social media seem to indicate displeasure with Freedman so we criticise the "young" individuals concerned as being unprofessional. At the same time, even players who aren't even here but have been don't appear to want to come here on loan?? 

The old adage smoke and fire come to mind here. All the time of course results and performances continue to deteriorate yet the central figure here dismisses everything and carries on regardless. Now like everyone else on here I don't know if any or all of these things are true but forgive me for not believing that it's all coincidence. It's true that ED and Gartside see how it really is but as Sluffy says, their priorities may not be the same as ours which is why Freedman is going nowhere. From a purely footballing point of view it surely must be clear a change is overdue so I can only conclude football is not the main priority of either.

69Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 19:43

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

As much as they shouldn't have done it they are obviously a bit pissed off that the current crop are near the relegation zone without a win in 8 and they are still getting over looked.

Surprised with Riley though, considering he hasn't been fit in about a year and half.

70Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 19:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

He's living the life though.

71Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 19:57

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

We've all seen the quotes attributed to the players en route to the coach after yet another loss. If the issue is behind the scenes that spilled over into these kids' twitter accounts, then more people would have gotten in trouble - since clearly other people have issues with the management of the team. Only the Twitters have been announced as having been disciplined so to assume that there are underlying issues instead of the offending tweets does not compute.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

72Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 20:07

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

TBH, I'm not particularly bothered about Vela, Odulsi, Riley and Hall. I stand by my decision, that none of them will ever make it, at BWFC and I have seen enough games with those players involved, to make my judgement.

I for one, don't get this "they are the future bullshit" They aren't good enough, simple!

Dougie IMO has made an error in signing Hall and with a bit of luck, we might get some of our money back for him, as he impressed at Brum last season on loan, but we're just talking about a couple of hundred thousand if he goes.

73Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 20:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

There's a big difference between quotes being 'attributed' and 'actual' quotes.

The ones who have actual said the stuff, rather than being attributed as saying it, are the ones who have been disciplined.

74Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts - Page 4 Empty Re: Reserve Wankers / Twitter posts Fri Feb 14 2014, 20:14

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

SAYING WHAT???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum