Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Any positives from tonight ?

+4
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Any positives from tonight ? Empty Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:02

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought Bogdan came of age tonight. He wasn't at fault for any of the Spurs goals. Alonso didn't help matters.

Eagles is hot and cold and Myachi couldn't make any penetrating runs.. Walker and Livermore were solid at the back for Spurs.

I didn't expect us to win and neither did Coyle going off the squad he selected.

I think Redknapp wanted this win more than we did. After the previous game when Muamba collapsed, and Spurs fans behaved with dignity, I hope they go on and win it.

2Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan for sure, some very impressive saves, and i like that he comes for crosses.

he might not claim every one but at least he's not glued to his line like Jussi, it takes balls to come and claim it.

the other positive is we're out of the cup and concentrate on Wolves.

3Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:12

The main positive is that Bolton got hammered.

4Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sick of this carcther

5Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:16

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bogdan was fantastic, although the first goal he did come out when he couldn't get to it. But aside from that a great performance by him and it could have been embarrasing without him.

Don't think Eagles was hot at any point of the game personally. He was dreadful, constantly gave the ball away , Petrov should start every league game before him.

Big thing is Prats being injured, looks like he might be for a few games as well. Im deffiently not a Pratley fan but were running thin on central mids.

We bring Ricketts in with Wheater, Alonso on the left and push Ream into midfield? Don't really want a lot of experimenting at this end of the season though so I just hope Pratley can get back quick

6Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I have to disagree with you on the Bogdan situation, yes he had a wonderful 75minutes but he really did fuck it up for the opening goal, he came out and was nowhere near it.

It was the same against Blackburn on Saturday aswell so it's not a one off, he is a great shot stopper no doubt about it but the goalkeeping coaches need to do some training on his collecting of the ball from corners.

7Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:32

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Keep saying it, and no doubt will do so until the end of the season, We need a striker ! Whats wrong with Sordell? Surely he's more mobile than Klasnic, or even Ngog. We can defend and pass all day long, but if we cant put it away, we may as well not turn up

8Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry, you've got to be thick as pigshit to blame Bogdan for that goal. What did you want the lad to do, stand on his line?

9Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Sorry, you've got to be thick as pigshit to blame Bogdan for that goal.

I blame Bogdan for the goal. This is one of the best leagues in the world yet he has the decision making skills of a 10 year old.

10Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:39

Apart from the double save early on, none of the other saves he made were that difficult. The first goal was a great cross and header that he really had no chance dealing with even if he had stayed on his line.

11Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:Sorry, you've got to be thick as pigshit to blame Bogdan for that goal.

I blame Bogdan for the goal.

Well there you go, that proves my point.

12Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:40

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He's a young guy, still learning. he did well. kept them out for 78 minutes, all on his own. i dont blame him at all, as he did exceptionally well.

13Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jesus H Christ! Bogdan was MOM voted by ESPN viewers regardless of which team they support. He is young and still learning his trade but he kept us in the game at key moments and at half time we were still in the game.

As regards the striker situation I don't really think it matters who is up front if they are not going to get the service. Klasnic had one through ball which Cudicini saved but other than that we had absolutely no cutting edge in midfield.

14Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

RT, its the chicken and the egg scenario, the only problem is that we want both at the same time, unfortunately.

15Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:45

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

OneOinCoyle wrote:Apart from the double save early on, none of the other saves he made were that difficult. The first goal was a great cross and header that he really had no chance dealing with even if he had stayed on his line.

There only not difficult if your in the right position to be fair, a clear cut chance for a striker isn't (shouldn't be) difficult, but getting into the position is the part that's hard. Its the same with a keeper, positioning is vital and its something people overlook.

He took a constant barrage of shots and dealt with them for 75 mins. Saying that if a keeper comes off his line to get a ball then he has to get it. If he doesn't then hes made the wrong decision. But overall I thought Bogdan did very well, lets be fair, if 3 goals go past you and you still get MOTM then you must have had a good game.

16Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 22:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:

There only not difficult if your in the right position to be fair, a clear cut chance for a striker isn't (shouldn't be) difficult, but getting into the position is the part that's hard. Its the same with a keeper, positioning is vital and its something people overlook because they assume its a given.

He took a constant barrage of shots and dealt with them for 75 mins. Saying that if a keeper comes off his line to get a ball then he has to get it. If he doesn't then hes made the wrong decision. But overall I thought Bogdan did very well, lets be fair, if 3 goals go past you and you still get MOTM then you must have had a good game.

This.

17Any positives from tonight ? Empty Re: Any positives from tonight ? Tue Mar 27 2012, 23:07

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bogdan was bloody brilliant. 14 corners? Seriously?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum