Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Holloway?

+18
Triumph
karlypants
Copper Dragon
aaron_bwfc
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
wanderlust
Boggersbelief
rammywhite
terenceanne
Angry Dad
White84
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Norpig
scottjames30
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Ginger Ian's super white army.

Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 50% [ 11 ]
Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Vote_lcap50%Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Vote_rcap 50% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 22

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

61Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 08:17

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He would keep us up short term but he is more of Kevin Keegan type, more enthusiasm than managerial talent.

62Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 08:32

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As was Coyle.

63Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 10:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Triumph wrote:He would keep us up short term but he is more of Kevin Keegan type, more enthusiasm than managerial talent.
I  very much doubt it. Holloway is a serial loser.

His record is more relegations (3) than promotions (1) - he got QPR and Leicester relegated as well as Blackpool.
Dougie has never been relegated as a manager and saved Palace from the drop in his first season. 

Be careful what you ask for folks.

64Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think Holloway is a great manager by any stretch of the imagination - but he has done ok at clubs with limited budgets like Bristol Rovers, Blackpool and Plymouth.

But you know what, at least he's a character. At least he gives a toss and gives it to you straight. I am so bored by Bolton Wanderers under Dougie I'd take Sooty and Sweep right now.

65Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 11:59

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't think Holloway is a great manager by any stretch of the imagination - but he has done ok at clubs with limited budgets like Bristol Rovers, Blackpool and Plymouth.

But you know what, at least he's a character. At least he gives a toss and gives it to you straight. I am so bored by Bolton Wanderers under Dougie I'd take Sooty and Sweep right now.

We tried joint managers once before -and it really didn't work. So you can only have one of them.

66Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:00

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:I don't think Holloway is a great manager by any stretch of the imagination - but he has done ok at clubs with limited budgets like Bristol Rovers, Blackpool and Plymouth.

What's wrong with Matthew Corbett?

67Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

We tried joint managers once before -and it really didn't work. So you can only have one of them.

Very Happy 

True, but I feel Sooty and Sweep have such a long history together it might just work.

I'm sure Sweep would have more to say than Lennie Lawrence.

68Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They can't be trusted. They ditched Ramsbottom the snake because of his Lancashire accent. And Butch the dog looks like a crook to me. Steer clear.

69Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:21

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Personally I wouldn't let Holloway anywhere near the BWFC job, I think supporters would be back where they are now in record time, no thanks!!!!!!!

70Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:They can't be trusted. They ditched Ramsbottom the snake because of his Lancashire accent. And Butch the dog looks like a crook to me. Steer clear.
This is true. Plus I always got the impression that S&S were easily manipulated by their owner although that may prove an attraction for Gartside.

Probably have more football brain than Hollowhead though.

71Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 13:11

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:They can't be trusted. They ditched Ramsbottom the snake because of his Lancashire accent. And Butch the dog looks like a crook to me. Steer clear.

I forgot about Rammy the snake- the pair of barstewards!!

72Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 13:18

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with this we need a new "phylosify"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

73Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 14:06

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Phylosify"??

Is that moron for "squad"?

74Ian Holloway? - Page 4 Empty Re: Ian Holloway? Mon Feb 17 2014, 15:09

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Ian Holloway is a no for me, not now or ever. He's basically an Owen Coyle with a supposedly "zany" approach that got boring at the same time Timmy Mallet did, ie ten minutes after he first opened his mouth and sound came out. 

Failed at Palace, failing at Millwall but the press gobble up everything he says 'cos he's "eccentric" and frankly he bores me so bad he should be a constipation cure. doffcocker points to Blackpool but that reinforces my point. All out attack was Coyle's mantra as well and it works for a little while just like Megson and Freedman's park the bus does but then you get found out and get hammered. We need a manager (and who doesn't) that knows how to mix it up and adapt to the opposition. 

Not many of them out there and those there are wouldn't touch us right now with Phil's appendage.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum