Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATED - U21's v Spurs -THE GOALS - VIDEO

+13
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
Whitesince63
wessy
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Reebok_Rebel
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
JAH
Boggersbelief
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 down at half time, end up winning 5-2 with goals from Lester, youngs and a hat trick from lliev!

Not quite sure what the younger lads have to do to get a chance at first team level..

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:2 down at half time, end up winning 5-2 with goals from Lester, youngs and a hat trick from lliev!

Not quite sure what the younger lads have to do to get a chance at first team level..

Maybe Dougie hasn't been told we have an u21's yet. Would explain why he keeps looking to loan in younger players from other clubs.

Do you think the club are waiting to break it to him slowly when he's sitting down?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2 nil down, come out and score 5 in the second half?

Now we know who should be giving the half time talks for the first team!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Youngs is supposed to be well thought of isn't he.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

We all know DF will talk the talk about playing them...

But ultimately wont.

They will all end up getting released due to not being good enough, and playing in a league of similar quality or above us.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What youth players have we released that have gone on to play at this level or "above"

serious question.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Danny Ward for one

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

did we sell him or was he released?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Vas te?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was rightly released IMO and hasn't pulled up any trees since, bar that little run of form he had. 

only played 4 games this season despite West Ham having zero strikers.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nolan

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Taylor

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Walters

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Walters is one - Meh.

Nolan despite being a youth player played nearly 300 games for us, and was sold.

Matt Taylor? Come on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Danny Ward for one

Didn't we get £1m for Ward? Bargain for us. He was crap.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Il be honest, I wanted to mention Nolan and Taylor but it didnt fit in with the 'youth' thing this thread is rocking.

Id have both these back in a heartbeat though, told they were too shit to play for us, they are playing in the prem still and we are in the championship...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:Il be honest, I wanted to mention Nolan and Taylor but it didnt fit in with the 'youth' thing this thread is rocking.

Id have both these back in a heartbeat though, told they were too shit to play for us, they are playing in the prem still and we are in the championship...

Both were sold at the right time - both had peaked at BWFC and were badly out of form. I think we got about £10m for the pair - good business.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nolan was in appalling form for us for 2 years - yes i was going back then i remember, got good money for him at his age. 

Taylor was hit and miss, never agreed with the abuse he got but he is not the kind of player you turn down money for at that point.

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Do you not think both players were in bad form as Megson was the manager at the time. Doesn't the story go Nolan went to Gartside to get him to remove Megson. Gartside informed Megson and they both agreed to shunt Nolan out. I'd have him back. Kind of leader we need right now.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was there at Birmingham when Nolan was roundly abused under Sammy Lee with a chant of "Get Nolan Off" under Sammy Lee because of his awful form from the previous season had continued. 

(under big sam)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum