Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stick with 4-5-1 now Pratley is injured?

+4
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stick with 4-5-1 now Pratley is injured? Empty Stick with 4-5-1 now Pratley is injured? Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:17 pm

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not sure if anyone can confirm this but Pratley is out for up to 6 weeks apparantly and Sean Davis is yet again injured after his spell at Bristol.

So do we stick with 4-5-1 with Ream and NRC holding or go for 4-4-2 against Wolves and beyond?

Personally I don't think Ream looks comfortable in the holding roll so I feel Coyle will go back to 4-4-2 with N'gog and Klasnic up top.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just looking at our meagre squad it is obvious that we are struggling in this role. We now only have NRC and Davies who are comfortable in midfield. Eagles s more of a winger IMO.
Much as the 4-5-1 worked for us prior to our injuries, I can only see 4-4-2 as the way forward.

For Saturday I would go with Bogdan in goal. Ricketts reverting to left back and Gretar at right back. Wheater and Ream in the centre. Mark Davies and NRC in midfield central with Petrov and Myachi on the flanks.

Ngog and Klasnic up front with Eagles, Knight and Boyata on the bench.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies is ultra useless in a 4-4-2 formation, I'd rather go with Tuncay in midfield.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have Tuncay and Sordell chomping at the bit so it might be a good idea to let them loose at Wolves.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We have Tuncay and Sordell chomping at the bit so it might be a good idea to let them loose at Wolves.

Have you been living in your bunker for the last 12 months - Coyle doesn't make brave decisions.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If it's a holding midfielder we're looking for I reckon Ricketts could do a great job sat in front of the back 4 in a 4141, but as (Na)Tasha points out "Coyle doesn't make brave decisions" - although I wouldn't put it that way myself. He'd have to trial the formation in training and I don't think that's likely to happen.
Bog
Steinsson Ream Wheats Alonso
Sam
Ryo NRC Mavies Petrov
Ngog

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Forgot about Tuncay, but in the roles OC has been playing him this season then I don't think he is likley to click on now that putting him behind the striker creating chances is his best position.

I think aswell that Ream seriously needs to be bulked up over the summer as he doesn't look big enough to me for a centre back.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Eagles used to play centrally at Burnley, playing behind the striker as an attacking midfielder. Not sure I fancy that personally but it's worth a mention.

I'd have been tempted to revert back to 4-4-2 even if Pratley hadn't got injured. He's decent off the ball (headless chicken and all that) but nothing short of disgraceful on it.

Having said that, I think it's too early to write Ream off as a defensive midfielder.

This is the team I'd pick for the Wolves match.

---------------Bogdan

Steinsson--Wheater--Ricketts--Alonso

Myaichi-MDavies--Ream--ReoCoker--Petrov

---------------Ngog

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we will probably be seeing the return of the Knight_Mare! I think Ream will probably be brought in to replace Pratley in midfield and Knight will come in at centre half.

My prediction for Coyle's starting 11 at Wolves is:-

Bogdan

Steinsson---Knight---Wheater---Ricketts

Ryo---Ream---NRC---Mavies---Petrov

N'Gog

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

If Knight starts we are definitely going to concede goals and I don't think we will score enough to win.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bogdan
Steinsson Reem Wheater Ricketts
NRC
Ryo Mavies Vela Petrov
Ngog

or

Bogdan
Steinsson Reem Wheater Ricketts
Boyata
Ryo Mavies NRC Petrov
Ngog

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Not in a million years would Coyle start with Vela but any lineup which doesn't include Knight and Kavies gives us some hope.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

With our lack of centre mid players at the moment I would either ask Barcelona for Fabregas for 6 weeks until Pratley comes back or go with this team against Wolves:-

........Bogdan....

Steinsson......Wheats....Ream.....Alonso.

Ryo........NRC......S.Ricketts........Petrov

................M.Davies........

..............N'gog............

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum