Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Gothenburg defender Mikael Dyrestam on verge of signing for Wanderers

+12
Sluffy
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
aaron_bwfc
MartinBWFC
Culcheth_White
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok_Rebel
karlypants
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No I'm saying that ED decides how much of HIS MONEY he intends to spend or not. Pretty simple really.

Ok, I'll spell this out simply for the hard-of-thinking among us....

Eddie Davies is the nominal head of the company which owns BWFC.

This company makes funds available for operating costs such as wages, utilities, biscuits and stuff.

In addition to these funds, the football club generates money via the sale of merchandise and tickets.

Phil Gartside is the Chairman of the football club, ie the day to day Operations Manager.

He is given something called an "Operations Budget" to work with every season.

Think of it as (in our case) a very small pile of cash.

Gartside will use this money to buy players.

He does NOT have to go to Eddie Davies with his hand out every time we want to sign a player.

Hope this clears things up.....

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Breadman wrote:Ok, I'll spell this out simply for the hard-of-thinking among us....

Eddie Davies is the nominal head of the company which owns BWFC.

This company makes funds available for operating costs such as wages, utilities, biscuits and stuff.

In addition to these funds, the football club generates money via the sale of merchandise and tickets.

Phil Gartside is the Chairman of the football club, ie the day to day Operations Manager.

He is given something called an "Operations Budget" to work with every season.

Think of it as (in our case) a very small pile of cash.

Gartside will use this money to buy players.

He does NOT have to go to Eddie Davies with his hand out every time we want to sign a player.

Hope this clears things up.....

And...

(this is why I believe Gartside is being a dodgy cunt)

The less of this 'ops budget' he spends... the bigger his bonus is at the end of the fiscal year?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No need to clear it up as thats exactly as i perceived it to be. 

what seems to be suggested is Gartside is actively working outside the budget he is allocated to work within.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think there's another dimension to this.
Gartside turns to Freedman and says there is no budget to spend on players in fact you have to reduce the overall spend on playing staff by getting players off the payroll.
For every £1 you reduce the overall player spend by, you can have 50p to reinvest in replacements - the rest goes to improve our bottom line (so I can get a bonus?)

Well done for getting Ngog, Eaves, Sordell, Andrews, Cavies, SKD, Odelusi and a bunch of others off the payroll - but you've used up most of the savings you made on loanees to save our season.

If Gothenberg want £320k "training fee" for Dyrestam all you have to do is reduce the wage bill by a further £40k a week. I'll take half for the bottom line but in 16 weeks time you'll have saved up enough to pay Gothenberg.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

There's a cash flow problem alright ..... the cash is flowing into the directors pockets not on the park.

Auld Eddie still goes down to Burden Park on the odd occasion he turns up.....nobody told him we moved years back.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:There's a cash flow problem alright ..... the cash is flowing into the directors pockets not on the park.

Really? I'd say that there's a cash flow problem because all Bolton has done for the past 10/12 years is shell out for players. There's no such thing as a free transfer and the player will need paying as well.

When was the last time Bolton recouped or made a profit on a player (it's a geniune question that I don't know the answer to)?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cahill, Anelka, Nolan urm. Chris Basham, Ali Al Habsi.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Cahill, Anelka, Nolan urm. Chris Basham, Ali Al Habsi.

Fair enough, I'll get back in my box.  Very Happy 

Over two Elmander's there.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Copper Dragon wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Cahill, Anelka, Nolan urm. Chris Basham, Ali Al Habsi.

Fair enough, I'll get back in my box.  Very Happy 

Over two Elmander's there.
We made £6m to £7m on Anelka alone but recent times have been a long way from the glory years of Todd and Rioch who consistently turned raw talent into serious money - money that paved the way for the Premiership years.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum