Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers ace Andre Moritz must wait for new deal like the rest

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andre Moritz will have to wait until the end of this season before finding out if he gets another deal at Wanderers.

The Brazilian playmaker has struggled to hold down a regular place in the side because of injury but still boasts five goals from five starts in the league.

Dougie Freedman signed Moritz in the summer on a one-year contract, describing him as a “present to the fans” but speaking this week, the

Wanderers boss said his Samba ace would be given no special provision with regard to contract talks.

The 27-year-old’s deal expires in the summer, alongside Chris Eagles, Zat Knight, Tyrone Mears, Stuart Holden and David Ngog, who is currently out on loan at Swansea City.

And while Holden is thought to have been given assurances he has a future at the Reebok, provided his rehabilitation from injury is successful, Moritz will have to wait and see how the Whites fare in the next few months before entering into negotiations with the club.

“We won’t be talking right now,” Freedman told The Bolton News.

“I don’t think it’s fair to the football club – here’s me preaching on about the length of contracts and my first job has to be to make sure the club is in a stable position. I’m not going to apologise for that, it’s just where I am.

“I have got to concentrate on the here and now.”

Knight was recently linked heavily with a move to MLS side Philadelphia Union, although an official approach for his services has yet to be made.

The defender had earlier spoken about extending his career with Wanderers for another 12 months – a sentiment shared by Eagles, who said last month that he “loved” the club.

Source

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wouldn't be too fussed if we didn't offer him a new deal. He doesn't look like he can play for 90 minutes in a game and his injuries are also a concern.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

they can all go for me, with the possible exception of Holden, it all depends on his fitness but i would only offer him a pay as you play deal

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we offer this absolute ponce another contract we are fucking mental.

Moritz has two settings: injured or shit.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's one thing that I like about Dougie - nobody is guaranteed a contract. He may be a shit manager in some respects but when it comes to negotiating contracts, signings and loans etc. he won't be blackmailed, coerced or taken advantage of in any way, which is a pleasant change for us.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The mere fact he's even considering giving this overpaid injury prone ponce a new contract should scare everyone.

Will we ever learn?

You have to face facts, some players are just soft and get injured very easily. It doesn't matter how good they are, they are a waste of space. Moritz also happens to be crap so this should be an easy decision for Douglas (but it won't be seeing as he spoke so highly of him).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum