Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FFs why loan Hutton if DF is going to play Knight, read on.

+4
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
White84
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

At 0-0 v Blackburn the big stump put his head to the ball which Bogdan was coming to collect,Jordan Rhodes picked up but luckily Bogdan narrowed the angle and made a good save.With Alan Hutton playing for Scotland last night surely he must go Right back and play Baptiste CB with Wheater or Ream n Baptiste LB.However Ream has played well at Lb linking with Mavies well on the left hand side.team should be Bogdan,Hutton,Wheater,Baptiste Ream.Medo,Spearing holding with Mavies n Danns attacking midfield,Mason,Juke.

Because Hutton moved the day before we played and Knight had a good game the week before. 

There's only been one game, give him a chance before you rant.

Can we close this thread now?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

White84 wrote:At 0-0 v Blackburn the big stump put his head to the ball which Bogdan was coming to collect,Jordan Rhodes picked up but luckily Bogdan narrowed the angle and made a good save.With Alan Hutton playing for Scotland last night surely he must go Right back and play Baptiste CB with Wheater or Ream n Baptiste LB.However Ream has played well at Lb linking with Mavies well on the left hand side.team should be Bogdan,Hutton,Wheater,Baptiste Ream.Medo,Spearing holding with Mavies n Danns attacking midfield,Mason,Juke.
If you're referring to the early chance I reckon it was way too far out of the box for Boggers to get to and Knight did have to do something although it would have gone over the head of most average height players. OK it wasn't the most accomplished bit of defending by any means but apart from that Knight had a decent game IMO.
I'd prefer to see Hutton play RB instead of Baptiste but whether that requires shuffling the CBs I'm not sure. Not that it matters what I think - Dougie will see the best option in training.
Hutton got booked last night which takes some doing in a friendly but he made a good contribution overall - maybe Dougie will rest him having played a midweek game?

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I thought Zat had a very decent game and frankly he looked solid all day to me. I'm not a fan of dropping players who don't deserve to be dropped and for my money (and yes I'm dying of shock myself as I type this) Zat Knight did enough against the dingles to keep his place this weekend, at least to start. 

As to lusty's point I think I can see where he's coming from. We could shift Baptiste over to LB and drop Zat if his form dips. 

I suppose we could line up with this defence. (left to right)

Baptiste - Wheater - Ream - Hutton

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm currently sat inside Dougie's head.

I can confirm that he has already forgotten the last 3 years of Knight cock-ups, one good(ish) game against Blackburn has cemented his place in the side until at least the end of March.

It's how his mind works, no one should be surprised. This is the manager who dropped all the players who scored goals at Leicester (walking the league) but kept the same team that lost 7-1 at Reading (not walking any league).

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat did have a good game and we kept a clean sheet, but is expect Hutton to play due to what's the point in loaning a player to not then play him...

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

To be fair to Knight, he hasn't had a bad game since his hapless display against Boro.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hutton play on Saturday and maybe rest Baptiste for a game or two.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BTID I think you're right and Hutton WILL start. However I'm not a big fan of dropping players who are in form and did well last time out and for my money Zat did play well enough to keep his place. I agree he's called Knightmare for a reason and I personally shuddered when he was named to start against Blackburn but he performed well and looked solid all day. If we want our players to build confidence and get better then it's surely counterproductive to drop them after a good performance and equally counterproductive to reward failure like the one at Reading by keeping the ones who played badly on the pitch next time. 

As Nat rightly points out we've seen Dougie do both with the scorers from the Leicester game all being dropped and yet the dismal failures at Reading were rewarded by keeping their places against Cardiff. Neither ended well for BWFC so in my humble opinion the eleven who started against Blackburn should be unchanged unless there is an injury or other compelling reason to change things. Just because Hutton has arrived isn't compelling enough as I see it to drop a player who's just had one of his best games in our shirt against one of the division's most feared strikers. 

Of course if Zat is looking like a donkey we can change it during the match and bring Hutton on but right now I'd say Zat has earned his spot and if he continues to perform as well as he did against the dingles then he should keep it. We may wind up asking "Why did we loan that idiot when we have Zat Knight already?"  Very Happy 

I am aware that this is as highly unlikely, that the odds against it are on a par with those of me being the next Prime Minister but you never know, stranger things have happened.  Laughing

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Can we close this thread now?

No

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

One swallow does not make a summer.Surely Hutton to be right back with Wheater/Ream,Baptiste CB's or LB's.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Also you play your best team available all this sentimental ZK had a good game.He wasn't as bad as he has been he was OK!But for example if Eagles had played and we got Scott Sinclair on loan,just Becuase we won would you not play the better player in Sinclair.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BWFC1874 give who a chance before I rant.When Knight put his head on the ball Bogdan was coming to collect or clear,there was no danger,but ZK allowed Rhodes a shot at goal but Bogdan has been playing well since his comeback and saved well.I reckon there would have been uproar if Blackburn had scored.Knight is along with DF's tactics the reason why the season ended before it started.

White84 wrote:BWFC1874 give who a chance before I rant.When Knight put his head on the ball Bogdan was coming to collect or clear,there was no danger,but ZK allowed Rhodes a shot at goal but Bogdan has been playing well since his comeback and saved well.I reckon there would have been uproar if Blackburn had scored.Knight is along with DF's tactics the reason why the season ended before it started.

So Zat Knight heads the ball and he should be dropped, Maybe Bogdan should be dropped for not shouting loud enough?

Give Dougie a chance to play Hutton before you start ranting, he's had one chance so far and you've already started a thread with this title.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Have you been in Siberia all season.Ill send you a tape of the Boro match.Then I'll send you the stats for the 1st 9 matches in which Knight played and we had 2 points.If you suffered Peterborough away last year,Notts F away this season.Either your totally insane or in love with the man.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha help me out here love.The Zat Shyte fan clubs on the war path.

White84 wrote:Have you been in Siberia all season.Ill send you a tape of the Boro match.Then I'll send you the stats for the 1st 9 matches in which Knight played and we had 2 points.If you suffered Peterborough away last year,Notts F away this season.Either your totally insane or in love with the man.

You have created a thread saying he should be dropped for heading the ball. I know how shit he was for the first 9 matches of the season but your reason for dropping him is because he headed the ball. Jesus wept.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No not for heading the ball but Becuase there is a better alternative as a back 4.I highlighted his mistake as he generally makes at least one bad blunder a match.At 0-0 his error could have changed the out come of the match.

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's his last season so thankfully Mills and Wheater can be a solid pairing.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

White84 wrote:No not for heading the ball but Becuase there is a better alternative as a back 4.I highlighted his mistake as he generally makes at least one bad blunder a match.At 0-0 his error could have changed the out come of the match.

That's a big if though

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum