Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

‘Young players should be more like Moritz’

+2
luckyPeterpiper
karlypants
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Andre Moritz once again supplied the sting in the tail for Wanderers, drawing grand praise from Dougie Freedman.

In a season flecked by injuries, just six of the Brazilian’s 21 appearances for the Whites have been from the start.

Nevertheless, Moritz sits as the club’s second highest goalscorer with seven strikes, including an absolute gem to finish off the rout at Elland Road.

Finding a regular start for the man he brought from his old club Crystal Palace has not been easy for Wanderers boss Freedman. But he says the 27-year-old’s willingness to play his part in a squad should be an example to young players on the fringes of the first team.

“When I first came to the football club and didn’t pick someone, they thought it was personal and would be knocking on my door,” he said.

“I couldn’t quite believe the culture of the football club, and it needed to change.

“Andre understands his role and he’ll play, there’s no doubt he’ll play games before the end of the season.

“But he knows the best way to question a manager is to not only come on and score but to get hold of the ball.”

Source

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Getting hold of the ball unless you're the keeper and in your own box is a no no dougie, you should know that.  Very Happy 

And if you mean getting Andre grabbing his OWN ball that's much more information than I need or want thank you.  Laughing

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he'd said these things only a couple weeks ago, it would have sparked a very different reaction. Now that we've won three on the bounce, I suppose nobody wants to argue with any "change" that he's brought about or tried to bring about since being at the club.

Let's be honest, he's been known to drop players for no apparent reason whatsoever. Remember when he dropped all the goalscorers from the 5-3 defeat at Leicester, and none of the defenders?
Call me old-fashioned (incidentally, I'm a 4-4-2 advocate) but there's been numerous situations where players have had every right to be pissed off at being dropped.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't think players have a right to expect a game every week and sometimes they need to be dropped for the benefit of the team regardless of their personal performance although there have been many more occasions this season where poor performance has justified non-selection. However Dougie is talking about the culture where players expect to be picked regardless of who we're playing next or how they played before and Dougie is spot on.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

when i read tht title of this, the first comment i expected to see was from Nat calling him a fat lazy ponce  Laughing

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:when i read tht title of this, the first comment i expected to see was from Nat calling him a fat lazy ponce  Laughing

Get it right Norpig, Moritz is an injury prone lazy fat ponce.

doffcocker wrote:If he'd said these things only a couple weeks ago, it would have sparked a very different reaction. Now that we've won three on the bounce, I suppose nobody wants to argue with any "change" that he's brought about or tried to bring about since being at the club.

Let's be honest, he's been known to drop players for no apparent reason whatsoever. Remember when he dropped all the goalscorers from the 5-3 defeat at Leicester, and none of the defenders?
Call me old-fashioned (incidentally, I'm a 4-4-2 advocate) but there's been numerous situations where players have had every right to be pissed off at being dropped.

We had 3 games in 5 days with Leicester being the first, the reason for rotation is pretty obvious to be fair and both Moritz and Beckford have been in and out with their fitness this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum