Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Empty Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Fri Mar 14 2014, 23:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Sneekers_3096754

Richard Sneekes lifts the lid on his former West Brom, Ajax and Bolton team mates on Soccer AM.

WORST TRAINER: I'm going to say Russell Hoult but he's not going to like it. Frank Burrows used to say to him he was the best trainer but I know that Houlty was always at the back when we were running.

HARDMAN: That would be Peter Butler, my midfield compatriot who did all the dirty work for me. He was a great guy to have as a back-up in your midfield because I didn't have to worry about anything. If I let my men go he'd pick them up and saw them in half!

MOST SKILFUL: At Ajax I'd have to say a guy called Gerald Vanenburg. He was probably the best technical player Holland has ever seen. At Bolton it would be Sasa Curcic, who was very technical, a very good player. And then at West Brom I'd say Enzo Maresca.

FUTURE MANAGER: I always thought Derek McInnes would have been a manager. He was a very serious guy, knew his stuff and you always had an inkling he'd make it into management, which he's proven.

LEAST INTELLIGENT: Jason McAteer. He once put on a credit card application that his position was central midfielder!

AND WHO'S THE LONGEST IN THE SHOWER...: It would probably be Mark Patterson - but that's just from being told!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/15120/9202208/team-mates-gold-richard-sneekes

2Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Empty Re: Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Sat Mar 15 2014, 00:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back in his Bolton days:

Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes 1027-lsh

I remember him scoring some cracking long range shots!

3Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Empty Re: Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Sat Mar 15 2014, 00:05

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jason McAteer... Thick?

4Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Empty Re: Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Sun Mar 16 2014, 10:54

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Banks of the Croal wrote:Jason McAteer... Thick?
Good story. I once saw him taking the piss out of John McGinley at a player of the year award,, which Super John won, carrying on like a love-struck teenager, saying things like " I love you John", and "You're wonderful". A bit childish, and I think a bit of jealousy crept in. Otherwise, I thought he was ok, and a good player. At least we knew what we were getting with him.

5Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Empty Re: Team Mates Gold: Richard Sneekes Sun Mar 16 2014, 11:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

One year the supporters club held their annual end of season meeting in the Bolton Town Hall, and my mate and I were talking to Richard Sneekes for what must have been the best part of an hour. I'd lived in Germany (on the Dutch border), and my mate had a German mother, so often the talk dropped into  German, (I understood the swearing, and reference to beer  Very Happy ). He was a really nice guy, very friendly, genuine, and very smart too.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum