Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liam Trotter. Why?

+9
luckyPeterpiper
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
Hip Priest
Culcheth_White
White84
aaron_bwfc
bryan458
doffcocker
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Liam Trotter. Why? Sat Mar 15 2014, 18:11

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

When we signed Trotter, a lot of people said that although we had bigger worries in other positions, the chance to sign a player of his quality was too good to turn down.

Really?

Don't get me wrong, it's early days and we've obviously not seen the best of him. But seriously, what was the point of this signing?

He's not even playing regularly enough to be able to help us short term, and I can't see how him being here now benefits us in terms of signing him for nothing in the summer, assuming that's the ultimate plan.

In the mean time, we're playing defenders out of position and having to play 4-5-1 for having only one fit striker.

2Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sat Mar 15 2014, 18:25

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Never paid this Dude much attention before McIdiot signed him, i now no why, he's fucking garbage!!!!!!!!!!!

3Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sat Mar 15 2014, 18:27

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Nothing to suggest he was worth bringing in but in fairness for todays game, does anyone know what role Dougie give him? He looked bloody lost.

4Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sat Mar 15 2014, 18:34

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Boltons version of Man U fellaini wanders around,what is he ment to do,why is he here is he an attacking Midfielder No he doesn't attack,is he a defensive midfielder NO he doesn't tackle.Missed a piss easy chance at beginning of second half shot well wide TOTAL SHIT,,I'd rather play Uncle Albert than TROTTER!

5Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sat Mar 15 2014, 20:29

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I can't believe how shit Liam Trotter has turned out. I thought he would be a good signing for us, but he just strolls around the pitch and he has very little impact in the game, if any. I remember when we signed him and he said that he likes to dominate his opponent, what a load of shite!

Maybe he's not 100% fit, or he's trying to get used to the way we play, but no way in this world, should Trotter have started in place of Danns today.

Dougie, you are a tool!

6Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 01:09

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The bloke is so short of confidence he plays like he has never seen a football in his life before at the moment. He looks totally lost and why Duggie preferred him to Danns God only knows.

7Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 19:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

biggest waste of space at the club now. where does he play? Because he looks like neither a defensive or attacking midfielder and hardly seems to move.

Please God send him back to Millwall in the summer because he isn't worth signing even on a free!

8Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 19:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was like his second? start. 

Didn't play well but far far too early to say anything about him really.

9Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 19:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

he's started more than 2 games and figured in a few more, trust me he is average at best. If he's playing for a contract then i wouldn't like to see him when he actually has one

10Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 19:57

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

He looks slow, clumsy and bereft of either ideas or confidence and frankly he's been so poor there was no possible justification for playing him in place of Danns even before yesterday's debacle. The sooner we are rid of this waste of space the better. Oh, and please hold the door so Messrs Gartside and Freedman can make their way out with you.

11Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:37

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

he was totally out of is depth,he looked completely lost,so dougie will have him first on the teamsheet for the Yeovil game!

12Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:40

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:he's started more than 2 games and figured in a few more, trust me he is average at best. If he's playing for a contract then i wouldn't like to see him when he actually has one

You might be right. 

many were as disparaging about Mason in his previous loan spell though. 

sometimes it takes time for players to kick on/fit in. 

(or, he might not be up to it)

13Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:44

cairocuz

cairocuz
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

at least mason looked interested and tried trotter showed neither

14Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Sun Mar 16 2014, 20:53

He's looked very poor so far, not interested really. Having said that though he must have a lot more to offer thsm what we've see so far.

Very surprised that he started, its almost as if Dougie's written the season off and wants to get a look at Hutton/Trotter and see if they're worth signing.

15Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Mon Mar 17 2014, 12:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree with all this - he looks lost. But I can't believe it's just a matter of game time to get him firing again. He trains all week, plays practice matches and drills so he must know exactly what his role is and where he's supposed to be - it's worrying that he looked so out of it on Saturday, especially as he must have been doing the business during the week to get picked.
At Millwall he was highly rated and scored 1 every 5 games, but his strength was in putting it about in midfield, winning the ball. Absolutely no sign of that on matchdays. Dougie must be really pissed off with his performance.

16Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Mon Mar 17 2014, 12:39

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Apparantly he was ask to play a similar role to how Danns plays? so was Danns not able to? don't make sense.

17Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Mon Mar 17 2014, 13:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Dougie must be really pissed off with his performance.

And yet he'll probably start at Yeovil. Dougie never picks the best or obvious team.

18Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Mon Mar 17 2014, 17:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Dougie must be really pissed off with his performance.

And yet he'll probably start at Yeovil. Dougie never picks the best or obvious team.

That incisive journalistic nugget should get you a few brownie points, even though it's already been said a thousand times already. 

To save you the trouble of having an original thought of your very own would you like me to write one for you to repeat ad nauseam?

I'll PM you if you wish so you can pretend it's yours.

19Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

That incisive journalistic nugget should get you a few brownie points, even though it's already been said a thousand times already. 

To save you the trouble of having an original thought of your very own would you like me to write one for you to repeat ad nauseam?

Oh right I get it now - to post on a football forum we have to be original and can't make points already made by other people.

I see where you're coming from now with your reasoning as to why Danns was left out. My personal feeling is he was left out because Dougie found out he was really a unicorn.

Is that better?

20Liam Trotter. Why? Empty Re: Liam Trotter. Why? Mon Mar 17 2014, 18:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Oh right I get it now - to post on a football forum we have to be original and can't make points already made by other people.

I see where you're coming from now with your reasoning as to why Danns was left out. My personal feeling is he was left out because Dougie found out he was really a unicorn.

Is that better?
Now didn't that feel good? 

Presumably Dougie omitted him not on the basis of any sort of prejudice against unicorns which would obviously contravene FA policy, but because Danns actually has got two left feet. Or hooves.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum