Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who picked the team / What Freedman thought VIDEO

+13
wanderlust
terenceanne
Tigermin
gloswhite
Triumph
Soul Kitchen
rammywhite
aaron_bwfc
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
bryan458
White84
17 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

After 3 successfull wins playing 4-4-2 with Davies n Danns being the attacking Midfielders and Medo and Spearing playing in their correct position.I coined the phrase used by England's World Cup Winners in 1966 Wingless Wonders.Although the system was changed v Derby as allegedly Mason was ill.So I arrive at the ground today. Expecting to see Mavies n Danns in Midfield with Medo n Spearing Holding with Mason n Juke up top.No Mavies(presume injured as not on bench)So logically Moritz left footed would play in Mavies role as play maker.Danns would occupy the right side as he has done in our successfull recent run.Oh NO NO NO.CYL?Trotter??? Spearing and Medo WtF.Lobsided Trotter well what does he actually contribute.So what does DF (dumb Twat) do bring on Hall for Trotter now we've got two wingers who have done fuk all,all season.Danns who I seem to remember setting goals up for Medo n Mason v Blackburn then Mason n Moritz v Leeds  doesn't come on till about 5 minutes left and Morits came on for the equally useless CYL.DF what a cock.How simple was it to play Danns instead of CYL n Moritz for the injured Mavies how can everyone see it but that stupid twat TROTTER WHY????.One more point Zat has been awful all season but he he played n played him.Yet he was Man of the Match v Derby n he gets benched.Am I living in an alternate universe.Cant wait for DF's excuses their goalie had a good game goal disallowed onside blah blah.Scotch Prick!

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

White84 wrote:After 3 successfull wins playing 4-4-2 with Davies n Danns being the attacking Midfielders and Medo and Spearing playing in their correct position.I coined the phrase used by England's World Cup Winners in 1966 Wingless Wonders.Although the system was changed v Derby as allegedly Mason was ill.So I arrive at the ground today. Expecting to see Mavies n Danns in Midfield with Medo n Spearing Holding with Mason n Juke up top.No Mavies(presume injured as not on bench)So logically Moritz left footed would play in Mavies role as play maker.Danns would occupy the right side as he has done in our successfull recent run.Oh NO NO NO.CYL?Trotter??? Spearing and Medo WtF.Lobsided Trotter well what does he actually contribute.So what does DF (dumb Twat) do bring on Hall for Trotter now we've got two wingers who have done fuk all,all season.Danns who I seem to remember setting goals up for Medo n Mason v Blackburn then Mason n Moritz v Leeds  doesn't come on till about 5 minutes left and Morits came on for the equally useless CYL.DF what a cock.How simple was it to play Danns instead of CYL n Moritz for the injured Mavies how can everyone see it but that stupid twat TROTTER WHY????.One more point Zat has been awful all season but he he played n played him.Yet he was Man of the Match v Derby n he gets benched.Am I living in an alternate universe.Cant wait for DF's excuses their goalie had a good game goal disallowed onside blah blah.Scotch Prick!

Nuff Said!!!!!!!!!

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

All a manager needs to be thinking when he picks a team is "what is my best team?"

All that goes through Dougie's head is "how do I make myself look like a creative problem solver?"

You're not telling me he thinks even half his selections this season were the best ones available to him at the time. The dabbling and tinkering is all in the name of looking like a clever so and so.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:All a manager needs to be thinking when he picks a team is "what is my best team?"

All that goes through Dougie's head is "how do I make myself look like a creative problem solver?"

You're not telling me he thinks even half his selections this season were the best ones available to him at the time. The dabbling and tinkering is all in the name of looking like a clever so and so.

I couldn't agree more.

Football management is the easiest job in the world when you are winning, but picking the same team is probably too old fashioned for Dougie.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What Freedman thought -  Mavies was ill - bug going around the club apparently

White84

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Simples play Moritz our other playmaker in Mavies place.Danns as per.Easy! TROTTER does he drive the team bus cos then he would be useful.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Exactly white84, swapping mortiz for mavies and keeping danns in was a no brainer.

The back 4 was changed yet again for some reason, Knights not the greatest but after a MOTM display vs derby you would think he had half a chance of playing.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I wonder if Dougies has some sort of inferiority complex with the players- perhaps he thinks he needs to peg them down a bit to keep them in order. Knight and Danns have been outstanding in a few recent matches and for some unfathomable reason  he drops them both. The outcome- 1 point from 4.
Perhaps he's trying to keep them in their place by showing who's boss, and who makes the decisions.
Big Sam used to get psychotherapists into the club to deal with emotional and behavioural problems.
Perhaps Dougie needs some of that as well as his decisions are incomprehensible

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Normal tinkering sevice resumed and the consistent conclusion reached. Rodney or Del boy will do a better job for us than that lumbering Namesake of theirs'.
Frustrated and pissed off!!

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It shows he really has learned f--K All about managing a football team, He gave us false hope and once again made unforgivable mistakes with yesterdays selections and tactical mistakes. I dont think he is ever going to learn and that's why he should be sacked NOW!!!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its like those old war films where the searchlight in the camp sweeps back and forth, seeing nothing, then it picks up people who stand still, and then it moves on, with no reaction. I think this has happened in the last few games. All of a sudden he hit on the right formation, players, etc, didn't recognise it, and has moved on, looking for something that he cant see when its right there in front of him.

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I absolutely hate Freedman and nothing will ever change my mind about the short arsed jock wanker !!! What the hell was that team selection all about yesterday ffs !!! Trotter is the new Pratley only slower !!! Danns has been an inspiration lately so its the bench for you my lad ! ditto MOM tuesday against Derby, Knight !! If anyone defends the wanker after yesterday then they live in the same deluded universe as that tit !!  ::mad::  ::seething2::  :falltopieces:  :Overreact:

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree with most of the above, however we still had enough to win the game.  Poor passing and wayward crosses and the hoof from the back.  Players who were out there could have done better.  Not to mention we missed from 6 yards out a couple of time.  1-0 to us would have been a fair score. They got some luck and nicked it.
It's not the end of the world but hopes of top ten finish have gone after us all having a good feeling lately.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Most of the above seems naive and a gross oversimplification.
Dougie did pick his best team by studying the opposition and looking at the players form and fitness through the week. That was it - our best team.
They just weren't good enough.
And if they'd passed better, found more space,won their tackles and created and finished their chances we might well have won.
As it turned out, Spearing couldn't pass for toffee, Medo played well but was unlucky to set up their second goal, Lee's crossing was appalling and Trotter was generally a shadow of the player he used to be. Hall was anonymous when he came on.

If I was manager I'd certainly be "tinkering" after that performance.
I'd bring Knight into the back four, put Ream in midfield (drop Spearing) and play Danns and Mavies if fit instead of Lee and Trotter.

But I would expect the entire squad to be capable of stepping in and doing a professional job if called upon. Clearly Dougie doesn't have that luxury.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Mark Davies ill surely it would have made more sense to play Danns or Moritz from the start instead of Trotter. He looks more like a centre half and was a yard off the pace the whole game. He certainly didn't look match fit to me.

CYL was another player who was ineffective. Changes should have been made at half time. Danns and Moritz should have replaced Trotter and CYL.

I'm baffled as to Dougies selection yesterday and I know I'm not the only one.  scratch

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

we had no drive from midfield without Mavies and Danns, Trotter is useless and lazy and Chungy doesn't play well in this narrow 442 formation. 

Danns has been great recently so why drop him? Surely he didn't need a rest? Seems strange as well that he changed the back four, i'm not Knights biggest fan but surely he deserved to keep his place after Derby?

Tinkering to try and make out he's a tactical genius again and failed miserably again!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Most of the above seems naive and a gross oversimplification.
Dougie did pick his best team by studying the opposition and looking at the players form and fitness through the week. That was it - our best team.
They just weren't good enough.
And if they'd passed better, found more space,won their tackles and created and finished their chances we might well have won.
As it turned out, Spearing couldn't pass for toffee, Medo played well but was unlucky to set up their second goal, Lee's crossing was appalling and Trotter was generally a shadow of the player he used to be. Hall was anonymous when he came on.

If I was manager I'd certainly be "tinkering" after that performance.
I'd bring Knight into the back four, put Ream in midfield (drop Spearing) and play Danns and Mavies if fit instead of Lee and Trotter.

But I would expect the entire squad to be capable of stepping in and doing a professional job if called upon. Clearly Dougie doesn't have that luxury.
 how is the team he picked his best when Danns has been great recently? Trotter has been on the bench for weeks and done nothing, while Moritz has come on and scored goals. The obvious change would have been Moritz for Mavies

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

lusty you must be taking the same pills I am if you thought that was a "best team" in any way shape or form.  Very Happy 

Danns should never have been dropped. I'd have played Medo and Moritz in the middle and let CYL wander at will to the wings. Every single time we went for the flanks they looked weak and two free headers from the six yard line from crosses showed it. 

I agree we were wasteful but the fact is DF did himself no favours at all either with his initial team selection or his substitutions. 

Why did he feel the need to alter anything after Leeds? It comes down to this for me lusty, he broke up a unit that was performing superbly and we lost momentum and confidence instantly. The only really enforced change from the team that spanked Leeds was possibly Mavies through illness and others have correctly pointed to Moritz as the natural player to step in. 

Dougie keeps doing this, he gets a little run going but can't resist changing things when they should be left alone. Yet another nail (as if he needed it) in the coffin of his BWFC managerial tenure for me.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Knight & Danns shouldn't have been benched, it's not like we're going for promotion or looking like we're going to be relegated, so I don't get this resting of players at this moment in time.

Dougie should have tried to keep with the same team as possible, that played so well against Watford, Blackburn & Leeds, obviously, Mavies wasn't fit for the game yesterday, but maybe bring in a similar player such as Moritz to compensate for the loss of Mavies?

Some fans may well say in "hindsight" but for me, it's common sense, which sadly, Dougie doesn't seem to have much of at times.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. If Lee and Trotter had played anything like the form they are capable of - and I'm guessing the form they must have shown in training to have been selected - it would have been a different story. If Spearing's passing had played them in more, if Medo hadn't been unlucky with their 2nd, if Hall had performed - if/but/if/but etc.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum