Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton defender Zat Knight unsure what future will hold

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat Knight admits to being unsure whether the current campaign will be his last at Bolton Wanderers as his contract runs down.

The experienced defender will see his current deal expire at the end of the season and he is yet to be offered fresh terms.

The 33-year-old, who is club captain at the Reebok Stadium, has no issue with the lack of talks as preserving Bolton's Championship status is the top priority for all concerned at present.

He is, however, reluctant to speculate on whether extension discussions will ever be held, with it possible that his five-year association with the Trotters could be coming to a close.

Knight told the Bolton News: "I'm just happy to be playing.

"I've enjoyed five seasons here and one of my main objectives in staying here in the first place was to get the club back into the Premier League, back to the club I started at.

"It hasn't been possible in the last two years, so now I can only wait and see what happens at the end of the season.

"I'll be honest, I don't think we're in a position to talk about things at the moment.

"Our main objective is to finish as high as possible in the league. The manager, the chairman and whoever else can talk to whatever players they like, and go from there."

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't afford you Zat. 
50% wage cut or hit the road amigo.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat, the future holds another 54 major cock-ups, a load of abuse, and then early retirement.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Zat could win BWFC's golden boot award, come the end of the season. :number1:

Does anyone know what wage cut Knight took after we went down?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Have we ever had a less popular player that played as many games as Knight?
Imagine what he must say about Bolton fans behind closed doors. He must think he can't do right for doing wrong. He must really hate us.
It doesn't seem right that he's played more times for us than any other club.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum