Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers midfielder Mark Davies a doubt for Wigan Athletic game

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies is a doubt for this weekend’s derby against Wigan Athletic with a groin problem.

The midfielder had featured in all but one of the Whites’ last eight games but limped out of the 1-0 victory over Blackpool after an hour.

Dougie Freedman explained after the game that the 26-year-old was withdrawn for precautionary reasons.

“He had a bit of cramp in his groin. I tried to give him a bit of extra time in the second half but there were a couple of moments where I was looking concerned, so I couldn’t take the risk.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good. He's shit.

He had his one good game in ten at Leeds.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would disagree, he is the only one in our midfield capable of beating a man and making things happen and his passing is generally a lot better than the others.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i would disagree, he is the only one in our midfield capable of beating a man and making things happen and his passing is generally a lot better than the others.

Agreed. If it's game 10, 20, 30 or 40 of a season.

I'd swap him and Danns over, get him in the hole behind the strikers. I'm not sure if it's because he doesn't work hard enough or is asks to do much tracking but he doesn't seem to pick up the ball in the right areas often enough. Give it to him with his feet, facing goal, running at the back 4 and there aren't many better in this league. Unfortunately for us and him that happens far too rarely.

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I hear he is training with special support shorts to protect his groin / hamstring and that daily it's touch and go if he is fit to play, That's the reason he is subbed each game.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:He had a bit of cramp in his groin.

Is there only me that doesn't have a clue what that is?

I've had many things in my time but never even heard of 'cramp in the groin' before.

Anybody know what it is?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A form of impotence?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I would hope not at his age!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had pain in my groin (no it's not from getting disease from sex before anyone starts!) and I'm unfit, maybe it's just that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum