Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smoking: Have We Gone Mad?

+9
jayjay23
Banks of the Croal
Hipster_Nebula
doffcocker
largehat
Angry Dad
Quent
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 10:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't smoke, but I am sick and tired of the government treating smokers like children. From today supermarkets and large shops can't display fags, they have to keep them below the counter.

Apparantly this will stop people from becoming smokers. What a load of rubish. I'm guessing most smokers didn't smoke their first fag when they walked past a fag display and thought to themselves "that looks good, I'll have a puff".

I tried a few fags when I was a kid, an older girl let me have one of hers. At the time it was the only thing to do in the Little Lever Ghetto, but I quickly wised up.

People should be able to chose whether to smoke or not. If they want to kill themselves that should be their choice, not the governments. What next, set a maximum number of pints that any one person can drink in a night?

2Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 11:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I am not a smoker, but this is beyond belief!!

If people want to smoke they will smoke, no matter what the Government tries to do.

From what I understand is the next step is to have no branding on the cigarette packets!!!

The UK has gone nanny-state mad, and its only going to get worse.

3Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 12:12

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I smoke in social situations, no way is this new act going to stop me smoking. And I don't believe for a minute it will stop a teenager having his first smoke.

4Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 12:16

never smoked myself, but agree people should be able to choose for themselves.

5Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 13:08

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

So corner shops and smaller stores like Tesco Metro (under a certain size) can still display cigaraettes until April 2015.

Now don't get me wrong as I think this is the most stupid peice of legislation ever, but it should have been a complete ban or no ban at all, none of this peicemeal crap!

Either way, The govenment and do-gooders are wrong with this. It is not going to change habit, culture or lifestyle - people will still smoke and people will start smoking no matter what!!!

6Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 14:45

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

not-so-plain-jayne wrote:never smoked myself, but agree people should be able to choose for themselves.
Yes but they should forfeit the right to national health treatment.As should heavy drinkers or drug users.

7Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 15:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Completely agree with the original post. Nothing to add.

8Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 15:57

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
not-so-plain-jayne wrote:never smoked myself, but agree people should be able to choose for themselves.
Yes but they should forfeit the right to national health treatment.As should heavy drinkers or drug users.

The National Health Service is for everyone, and long may it remain that way.

9Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 16:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's lame ideas like these that make people despise MPs.

Just by cutting the crap, they could do themselves a lot of favours.

10Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 16:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

It wont.

11Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 17:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Angry Dad wrote:
largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

It wont.

Well it won't if holier-than-thou idiots such as yourself have any say on who is and isn't entitled to treatment.

12Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 18:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I can smell your cremation.

13Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 18:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:I can smell your cremation.

Shocked

14Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 18:30

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yeah OK, I get it, Angry Dad is an absolutely hilarious troll whose pithy comments are wonderfully succinct and cutting, blah blah blah.

The NHS is the best thing about this country. It is the envy of the world. A big two fingers up to anyone who wants to stop it from being free at the point of use for anyone.

15Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 20:28

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:Yeah OK, I get it, Angry Dad is an absolutely hilarious troll whose pithy comments are wonderfully succinct and cutting, blah blah blah.

The NHS is the best thing about this country. It is the envy of the world. A big two fingers up to anyone who wants to stop it from being free at the point of use for anyone.

Totally agree. All i hope is these proposed changes don't mess it up.

Used to smoke, packed in over 35yrs ago.
Best thing i ever did, but if people want to smoke, it's their choice, long as they don't blow it in my direction.

16Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Fri Apr 06 2012, 23:23

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't like smoking. But where does it end? Are they going to stop us seeing chocolate bars in shops too when they finally decide everyone is too fat? Then how do we know what the shop sell?

Then burgers next? No. You must not have a picture of a cheeseburger on your menu Mr Takeaway Man for some fat punter may order one against her will.

They are already stopping advertising of snacks and McDonalds etc, it's only a matter of time.

17Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Sat Apr 07 2012, 00:16

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The national health should be for genuinely sick people not people who deliberately make themselves ill by being greedy eating too much.Smoking and drinking their way into hospital.The strain on the nhs just from idiots drinking too much is enormous.They should be refused treatment.

18Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Sat Apr 07 2012, 00:24

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:
largehat wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:

It wont.

Well it won't if holier-than-thou idiots such as yourself have any say on who is and isn't entitled to treatment.
So you want to be abusive do you , ok Largetwat lets get it on,and remember you threw the first stone. Twisted Evil

19Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Sat Apr 07 2012, 00:32

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not going to be abusive Mr Angry Dad, but i think it's a basic right for anyone who needs it. no matter what, fair enough if the patient starts being uncooperative to the treatment, then fuck em.

20Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Empty Re: Smoking: Have We Gone Mad? Sat Apr 07 2012, 00:33

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Oh my god, 'hat' rhymes with 'twat', that's blown me away. I give up.

I'll stand around being a largetwat, while you explain to people's families that they have bled to death because they tripped over on a night out and banged their head, or that they have cancer but it's operable but that it will cost them £8,000 they haven't got because they smoke 10 cigarettes a day, or what about messed up kids who self harm or try to kill themselves because they are lost and confused in this fucked up world we live in.

Yes that's right, I think you're an idiot because I believe in the NHS and you want people to die because in your mind, it's all their own fault, so screw 'em. Yes I can handle being described as a twat by your like all day long. And while I am at it, learn how to use a space bar you plank.

Last edited by largehat on Sat Apr 07 2012, 00:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum