Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's spending v Fulham's

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:37

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

As per Transfermarkt.co.uk, Bolton and Fulham have invested similar amounts in players over the last three seasons, and only a fool would suggest that a huge difference in quality wasn't the simple explanation behind today's result.

For what we're paying for Championship players and Liverpool and Madrid rejects, are other clubs being that bit shrewder and picking up players that are genuine top flight quality?

2Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 19:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:As per Transfermarkt.co.uk, Bolton and Fulham have invested similar amounts in players over the last three seasons, and only a fool would suggest that a huge difference in quality wasn't the simple explanation behind today's result.

For what we're paying for Championship players and Liverpool and Madrid rejects, are other clubs being that bit shrewder and picking up players that are genuine top flight quality?

Coyle has proven time and time again he is clueless in the transfer market. How many of his signings are worth more than when they signed? Not many.

3Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:02

Everyone laughed when Bolton signed Ngog - that really was a foolish purchase. Yakubu might be a bit chubby but we didn't pay £4m for him and he's scored a few goals.

4Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

5Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I couldn't be bothered finding links or print screening.

6Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well thats ok, because i did it.

7Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:18

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

But some words would be nice too, Hipster.

8Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nearly £900k for Tuncay. Another Coyle masterstroke.

9Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

obviously that chart doesn't encompass the whole Coyle era but clearly in that limited period it does show Fulham have spent more, have they spent better? Or are they been able to utilise their players better.

The problem for Coyle IMO is his "best" signings have been loans, and quite frankly anyone could have a look at Chelsea or Arsenals reserves and pick a gem.

when it's come to actually purchasing a player he's come up short.

having said that Holden, NRC and Ream have been good pickups, i like NGog personally and I'm a fan of Gregg Wylde.

I wouldn't say Coyle has been a "disaster" but i do think he's come up short

10Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:23

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

The managers play a huge part in this one, Owen coyle is a very naive and too one track minded in his signings (all pretty much young inexperienced players) whilst Martin Jol has been around for a long while and know what it takes to compete in this league and signs a variety of players.

Coyle has to wise up and quickly because youth will only get you so far.

11Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

having said that Holden, NRC and Ream have been good pickups, i like NGog personally and I'm a fan of Gregg Wylde.

And you say I need help.

Wylde hasn't kicked a ball yet, and Ngog has been utter bobbins. He was bought to score goals and he hasn't.

He spent £3m on Eagles & Mears, he'd have got better value for money buying a real Eagle and Ray Mears.

His loan signings have been mixed. For every Sturridge there's been a Kakuta or Tuncay.

12Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 20:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said I'm a fan of Gregg Wylde whats that got to do with what he's done here.

I'm a fan of Marouane Fellaini too and he hasn't kicked a ball for us either.

I said his best signings had been loans, not that all his loans had been great.

and as for Ngog, i disagree with you vehemently.

13Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:01

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You think he was bought NOT to score goals? LOLLOLOL

14Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

You think he was bought NOT to score goals? LOLLOLOL

And all our other strikers are banging them in aren't they.

and where did you see the Chris Amos "LOLOLOLOL" I thought this was the first bolton forum you'd joined.

15Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The dingle beat me to the punchline - do you not agree he was bought to score goals?

16Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:obviously that chart doesn't encompass the whole Coyle era but clearly in that limited period it does show Fulham have spent more, have they spent better? Or are they been able to utilise their players better.

The problem for Coyle IMO is his "best" signings have been loans, and quite frankly anyone could have a look at Chelsea or Arsenals reserves and pick a gem.

when it's come to actually purchasing a player he's come up short.

I wouldn't say Coyle has been a "disaster" but i do think he's come up short

Fulham spent £31m, where Bolton spent £27m in the three year period I refer to (according to the site) which I think are similar amounts given the context.
But £8m of that includes Megson's spending so this is obvioulsy only partially a criticism of Coyle.

I think Holden and Ream were excellent finds, but those and three loan signings aside, Coyle has as you say "come up short" in the transfer market.

The biggest annoyance for me is paying £4m for a player that isn't looking likely to contribute at all to the teams fight for survival.

I suppose the point to this thread is, are Coyle's hands as tied in terms of player recruitment in comparison to a few other clubs as it's often implied?

17Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:06

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

and where did you see the Chris Amos "LOLOLOLOL" I thought this was the first bolton forum you'd joined.

What the fuck are you talking about. LOL has been around for years, IDIOT!

18Bolton's spending v Fulham's Empty Re: Bolton's spending v Fulham's Sat Apr 07 2012, 21:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What the fuck are you talking about. LOL has been around for years, IDIOT!

You need help.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum