Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Next season's team

+14
White84
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Barryjw
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
aaron_bwfc
Bolton Nuts
Culcheth_White
doffcocker
karlypants
boltonbonce
scottjames30
wanderlust
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Next season's team Empty Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 17:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Dougie showing confidence in Baptiste and Trotter today I have this horrible feeling that Dougie has already been told that there will be no money to boost the squad in the summer.
When he releases the players out of contract, he may be allowed to put a small bid in for Juke but I imagine Boro's valuation will be too high.
He'll be further hampered by the return of Andrews and Sordell who will want to be paid.
Trotter, however, will be affordable, Danns a possibility.
Vela, Eaves, Odelusi haven't set the world on fire in their loan spells so I don't think Dougie will consider them as first team material.
So I reckon the core of the team will be the same. Which isn't great. 
I would be delighted if he proves me wrong.

2Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 17:12

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:With Dougie showing confidence in Baptiste and Trotter today I have this horrible feeling that Dougie has already been told that there will be no money to boost the squad in the summer.

Didn't you know that our parachute payment halves this time round?

Of course they'll be no money to spend.

It'll be mush worse that this season.

3Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 17:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got a feeling next season will look pretty much like this season. Mid table mediocrity.

4Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 17:15

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck um anyway, i'll be on the FC UTD's forum by then.

I'm going to watch some passion.

5Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 17:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Fuck um anyway, i'll be on the FC UTD's forum by then.

I'm going to watch some passion.
Plastic fan alert!  :cop:

6Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 17:31

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

God knows what the club is gonna do.

My guess is we could cut the wage bill by 100% and still might fall short of complying with FFP.

I can't imagine the board giving Freedman nothing to work with, but I'd still have my doubts about next season if I knew they were giving him a lot.

7Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 19:32

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I really hope I'm right, but Dougie is a shrewd bugger when it comes down to splashing any cash that he has. IMO, Mark Davies and Chungy will both go this summer and with a bit of luck, we should get around £4 million for the pair.

The £4 million or so, hopefully will be spent on signing the Juke, for around £1 million and I think Dougie will try and sign Joe Mason, but that won't be easy, especially if Cardiff get relegated, which is looking highly likely. A £1.5 million bid maximum, should do it though.

Danns and Trotter should both sign on frees and there will also be quite a lot of bargain Bosmon's out there this summer, so I think Dougie has already indentified his summer targets.

Mears, Knight & Holden will probably be released and I expect Andrews and Sordell to clear off too, even if it's on loan.

8Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 19:39

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Danns, Trotter, Dawson, Juke, Mason, a left back and Feeny in.

Get shut of Mavies, Lee, Sordell, Andrews, Mears. Eagles?

Main players to use...

Boggers, Lonners...

Bappy, Knight, Wheats, Reem, Mills, a new LB, Dawson.

Feeny, Hall, Spearing, Danns, Medo

Mason, Juke, Beckford

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

9Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Fri Apr 18 2014, 20:04

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Outs (hopefully):- Lee, Mears, Sordell, Andrews, Eagles, Knight, Holden...maybe Mavies.

In (hopefully/some unlikely): Juke, Danns, Feeney, Trotter, Hutton + a couple of loanees.

God only knows what the board will tell Dougie in the summer, I get the feeling it's going to be pretty dire reading.

10Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 11:03

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm so glad I renewed my season ticket can't wait for next season now!

11Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 11:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ins: Agbonlahor. 

Result - winning the league by at least 10 points.

12Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 12:01

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Don't be surprised if Lonergan leaves for more regular first team football.

13Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 12:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Titus Bramble is still a free agent. Has loads of experience.

14Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 12:10

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:Don't be surprised if Lonergan leaves for more regular first team football.

League one it is then!

15Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 12:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
League one it is then!

I'd be more impressed with a player who was prepared to drop a division to play every week, than one who was happy to sit on the bench in the Championship.

Shame on you Hipster you ponce lover.

16Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 12:28

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No i meant there's no way we will stay up without Lonners.

17Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 12:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:Danns, Trotter, Dawson, Juke, Mason, a left back and Feeny in.

Get shut of Mavies, Lee, Sordell, Andrews, Mears. Eagles?

Main players to use...

Boggers, Lonners...

Bappy, Knight, Wheats, Reem, Mills, a new LB, Dawson.

Feeny, Hall, Spearing, Danns, Medo

Mason, Juke, Beckford
Surely Tierney will be back from the broken foot and we'll have a decent left back again?

My worry is that the targets seem to be the players that have already played this season for us on loan - without a great deal of success - and then only if there is some financial juggling. Danns and Juke have been OK but the rest have been distinctly average so if we are aiming to get promoted, either they'll have to step up another gear, we somehow find new affordable targets or youngsters like White, Bolger, Vela and Iliev step up. However the youths don't seem ready or good enough at least not yet. I have great hopes for White though as he's such a good athlete. But I have an uncomfortable feeling that the team won't be that much different.
Never know though as Dougie pulled Medo out of the hat and maybe there are others who can do a job out there.

18Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 14:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

My worry is that the targets seem to be the players that have already played this season for us on loan - without a great deal of success - and then only if there is some financial juggling. Danns and Juke have been OK but the rest have been distinctly average so if we are aiming to get promoted, either they'll have to step up another gear, we somehow find new affordable targets or youngsters like White, Bolger, Vela and Iliev step up. However the youths don't seem ready or good enough at least not yet. I have great hopes for White though as he's such a good athlete. But I have an uncomfortable feeling that the team won't be that much different.
Never know though as Dougie pulled Medo out of the hat and maybe there are others who can do a job out there.

You can tell from what Freedman's said that he doesn't rate any of the younger players much, except perhaps Robinson. He's not even giving them 10 minutes in meaningless games against Doncaster, Charlton & Huddersfield so no way is he going to start them come August.

The thing is, with a couple of good signings we'd be able to compete next season and a play off place is not beyond us - but with a negative tactical clown in charge it's going to be another long season.

19Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 15:18

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't be surprised to see yannick bolasie here at the start of next season. Out of contract at palace

20Next season's team Empty Re: Next season's team Sat Apr 19 2014, 17:22

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Barryjw wrote:Don't be surprised if Lonergan leaves for more regular first team football.
I think Lonergan will go too. I think we can also add Moritz and probably Holden to the list as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum