Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you sign Moritz permanently?

+8
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
Tigermin
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Culcheth_White
MartinBWFC
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Would you sign Moritz permanently? Empty Would you sign Moritz permanently? Sun Apr 20 2014, 23:09

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Do you think Freedman will try to sign Andre Moritz on a permanent deal? Would you like to see more of him at the club?

He is available on s free transfer in the Summer, worth a punt?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If by a punt you mean an Irish pound then yes, any more than that, nah fuck it, he's your traditional sicknote, turns up when he wants, which is 10 minutes every couple of months, fuck him.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

NO! He's a luxury player that is constantly injured and we can't afford to carry players like Moritz. I would prefer us to sign a younger, hungrier player than Moritz and we should save a few quid with Moritz off the payroll.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No.  Injured or not fit enough too much

Not unless his wage was minimal, it's important to have flair players on the bench. Eagles will be going, if Lee and Mavies do too we may need to keep him.

At this point though I can't see it being the case.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Though valuable in scoring goals late on as a sub- he's not productive enough over 90 minutes.
Thank him for his contribution but show him the door

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

There was a time not so long ago under Big Sam that we embraced quality ball players with open arms and had a few glorious years watching them. It looks as though Chungy Mavies and Eagles will be on their way so what have we got left in the individual skill market ??? Knob all. Moritz is a luxury but so have been many others in the past,I would keep him but we probably cant afford him anyway so its probably irrelevant ?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tigermin wrote:There was a time not so long ago under Big Sam that we embraced quality ball players with open arms and had a few glorious years watching them. It looks as though Chungy Mavies and Eagles will be on their way so what have we got left in the individual skill market ??? Knob all. Moritz is a luxury but so have been many others in the past,I would keep him but we probably cant afford him anyway so its probably irrelevant ?
The quality players we had then were real quality and made a good overall contribution e.g. Okocha - didn't score enough, but didn't give the ball away either so I don't think it's a fair comparison.
Right now our situation is entirely different and Dougie has to keep reshuffling the squad until he gets players that he can depend upon to deliver and unfortunately Moritz doesn't fit that bill. We can worry about getting quality that will make a difference if and when we have the luxury of Premiership income, but for now every penny counts. Retaining possession and dominating teams is more important than the occasional spectacular goal.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like him, but I don't like him that much. 

On a small contract I like him off the bench, but otherwise no.

10Would you sign Moritz permanently? Empty Re: Would you sign Moritz permanently? Mon Apr 21 2014, 13:36

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If it is a free transfer a sensible wages then why not give him a 12 month deal.

He has shown enough glimpses for me. Depends on all the other comings and goings of course.

11Would you sign Moritz permanently? Empty Re: Would you sign Moritz permanently? Mon Apr 21 2014, 14:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not for me, I had high hopes for him when we first signed him but apart from the odd flashes of good play, he's not exactly set the league alight.

12Would you sign Moritz permanently? Empty Re: Would you sign Moritz permanently? Mon Apr 21 2014, 14:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i would say no, he's scored a few goals as an impact sub, but when he's started he looks poor and unfit. Better to spend the money elsewhere.

13Would you sign Moritz permanently? Empty Re: Would you sign Moritz permanently? Sat Jun 24 2023, 19:00

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've changed my mind. I think we should sign him tbh.

14Would you sign Moritz permanently? Empty Re: Would you sign Moritz permanently? Sat Jun 24 2023, 19:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I've changed my mind. I think we should sign him tbh.

Do you change your mind like you change your undercrackers? Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum