Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dougie Freedman warns fans not to expect big money bid to sign Lukas Jutkiewicz on permanent deal

+4
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
wanderlust
karlypants
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie Freedman has moved to temper fans’ expectations with regards to Wanderers’ chances of signing Lukas Jutkiewicz on a permanent deal.

Middlesbrough are believed to have raised their asking price for the 24-year-old striker beyond what the Whites can afford.

It was previously reported that the Teessiders were willing to do business at around £1.5million – but without a significant sale, it now appears Freedman will have to look elsewhere as he bids to bolster a thin strike force this summer.

Freedman plucked the former Everton star from Boro’s bench, where he had scored just one league goal all season. But Jutkiewicz has proved to be a smash hit at the Reebok, scoring six goals in 16 appearances and becoming a favourite on the terraces.

And while he would be delighted to work with Jutkiewicz on a permanent basis, the Scot is urging fans to be realistic in their expectations for new signings.

“Of course we’d all like to see good players come to the football club, but I can’t say whether that’s going to be him [Jutkiewicz],” he said.

“I can say we won’t be signing ready-made stars for the money we used to spend. “I want to buy players with potential.

“Even if it’s not Jutkiewicz, hopefully the fans can see my recruitment record – players who haven’t been discovered yet, or who have gone through bad patches.

“I can still assure the fans that we’ll be getting fans of that type.

“I feel confident that I can get these players to the same levels.”

While Boro boss Aitor Karanka has said he wants to wait until the summer before speaking with Jutikiewicz about his next move, Wanderers have already kicked their own recruitment plans into gear.

Freedman has “two or three” signings lined up and has questioned whether Jutkiewicz’s success at the Reebok may have hampered his chances of leaving the Riverside for good.

“You can ask me a hundred times if we’d like to sign him – but the question should be do they want to sell?” he said.

“Middlesbrough will probably say ‘no’ now. I can’t go anywhere with that.

“I have got to go through a lot of questions before I can put my hand on my heart and say to the fans ‘yes, we’ll be doing this’.”

Freedman has had a good track record in the loan market since arriving at the club, but admits that it has come at a cost to the longer-term development of his squad.

“When you loan them up, it’s an agreement,” he said. “I’ve said before, I’m fed up of getting players fit, ready, scoring goals and then you shake their hand and they go back and there’s no asset there.

“It’s disappointing but at the time Lukas came in David Ngog had been sold and we used that money to get three or four players in, who certainly contributed more than David did in my time here.

“After all that frustration with Craig Dawson last season, the loans have really helped us this year – you’ve seen (Liam) Feeney and then (Kevin) McNaughton do well. “They get new contracts or other moves and we have to start all over again.

“That’s why I’m looking to get things done on a permanent deal now.”

Source

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"Middlesbrough are believed to have raised their asking price for the 24-year-old striker beyond what the Whites can afford."

Can only have been expected, but I won't be too bothered if we don't get him. 
With Dougie suggesting a move away from loan deals (apart from Boga) we can only hope that he manages to nab a few bargain-basement gems.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Everyone at Bolton is full of shit.

Promotion is worth multi-millions to us, Boro would only have put the price up by say a million but as usual our cheapskate cunts of a board will not sanction Doug spending a fucking penny this season!

Trust me - transfers will be talked up to sell season tickets, then we will get the whole tried and failed, we wont be hold to ransom routine and end up with the dregs of the players even nobody in league 1 wants.

Signing a striker that CAN SCORE is of paramount concern this season, yet we will not spend a penny.

I've Just cancelled my direct debit for my season ticket, I have better things to do than go and watch a club that couldn't give 2 flying fucks about either its fans or having any ambition to succeed anymore. Always be a Bolton fan but im going to go to more away games and start watching non-league too until our board pulls its finger out of its arse and starts to give me a reason to go back. They can fuck off if they think im paying to go and watch another season of this shit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

I've Just cancelled my direct debit for my season ticket, I have better things to do than go and watch a club that couldn't give 2 flying fucks about either its fans or having any ambition to succeed anymore. Always be a Bolton fan but im going to go to more away games and start watching non-league too until our board pulls its finger out of its arse and starts to give me a reason to go back. They can fuck off if they think im paying to go and watch another season of this shit.

Carpool to Chorley FC?

Reading between the lines of this latest instalment of "The World According To Douglas", it looks like we're fucked.

We've been told for ages that there's been no money available for permanent signings, so we've had to make do with loan deals.

Now suddenly, Dougie doesn't like loan deals, so he's going to only pursue "permanent" targets.

So this means we've either suddenly come into some serious cash (  :rofl:  ) to buy quality players or (and this is the worrying bit for me), we're still skint and he's going to gamble what little cash we've got on tying up permanent signings from teams we've never heard of or League Two because they're affordable (ie cheap)........

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:Reading between the lines of this latest instalment of "The World According To Douglas", it looks like we're fucked.

We've been told for ages that there's been no money available for permanent signings, so we've had to make do with loan deals.

Now suddenly, Dougie doesn't like loan deals, so he's going to only pursue "permanent" targets.

So this means we've either suddenly come into some serious cash (  :rofl:  ) to buy quality players or (and this is the worrying bit for me), we're still skint and he's going to gamble what little cash we've got on tying up permanent signings from teams we've never heard of or League Two because they're affordable (ie cheap)........
Of course we're fucked and have been since the Coyle era when the Board finally decided to stop throwing good money after bad. I can't believe how long it's taking some folk to "get it". Dougie is trying to keep things afloat on the pitch but nobody is denying that we have to clear out and start again and that inevitably means we'll struggle for a while barring a miracle.

RR has a fair point about investing to recoup Premiership income, but if we ain't got the stake we can't buy into the game. And seeing we are in the world's top 10 indebted teams, we ain't got the stake as unlike others in that unholy group, we haven't got the assets to sell if our debts are called in.

I know we're fucked and if you read any of the (admittedly few) serious comments I've posted on here in the past, I'm well aware of the hole we're in and have been for a long time.

The reason I now think we're even more fucked that we were previously is, Freedman has always trotted out the line about not having any money for permanent signings and told us we'd have to put up with loan deals.

Fair enough.

But now, suddenly, he doesn't like loaning players and is assuring us that he's going after permanent signings instead.

And if we all agree that we've no money, how brilliant do you think these targets are likely to be.....?

That was my point.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Carpool to Chorley FC?

Of course, provided I get picked up in Whittam International Plc's company Maybach.

Il be living on the doorstep of Chorley FC anyway soon so il be popping up of a Saturday on occasion for a few daytime scoops when we play at home next season.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:I know we're fucked and if you read any of the (admittedly few) serious comments I've posted on here in the past, I'm well aware of the hole we're in and have been for a long time.

The reason I now think we're even more fucked that we were previously is, Freedman has always trotted out the line about not having any money for permanent signings and told us we'd have to put up with loan deals.

Fair enough.

But now, suddenly, he doesn't like loaning players and is assuring us that he's going after permanent signings instead.

And if we all agree that we've no money, how brilliant do you think these targets are likely to be.....?

That was my point.
And it's a good point and I wasn't suggesting you personally have been going on about promotion and unrealistic signings, but some posters have.
I do think that loanees put a gloss on where we're at and at some point we have to grasp the nettle and develop our own squad as painful as that process may turn out to be - especially in this financial situation as every penny we spend on loanees, every playing opportunity we give to loanees and every resource we put into developing loanees costs the club and does nothing to help us move forward.
At least Dougie recognises the problem and is prepared to take on the challenge - and the inevitable stick that will come with it as there's little doubt we'll struggle for a while.

On the other hand, the Board may surprise us and tell Dougie that he can have a budget to compete for promotion next season at tonight's meeting - but I doubt it.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Freedman can fuck off. Burnley spent £400k to get promotion. They had average players but a good manager and a shitload of commitment.

Why doesn't Freedman get off his skinny arse and find some players who actually give a shit and then mould them into a team. You know, do his fucking job! He seems to be suggesting the only way to get promoted is to spend millions.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote: find some players who actually give a shit and then mould them into a team. 
I suspect that's the plan.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I suspect that's the plan.

And yet he signed Baptiste, Medo & Trotter - three of the least committed players ever to wear the white shirt.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"transfers will be talked up to sell season tickets"

see this nonsense every year, who the FUCK would buy a season ticket because of a rumour in a paper.

apart from obviously a lobotomy patient.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've heard our squad is going to be shit-hot from the first game next season.

I'm off to buy my season ticket tonight.

I heard we were swapping Wheater for Juke, so my season ticket application is in the post.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OneFinFreedman wrote:I heard we were swapping Wheater for Juke, so my season ticket application is in the post.
That's an interesting rumour. I know Wheater is older, but he's been pretty good since he came back from injury and I'd rather have him than Juke.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:see this nonsense every year, who the FUCK would buy a season ticket because of a rumour in a paper.

I bought two season tickets when Gartside said Rivaldo was signing.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:see this nonsense every year, who the FUCK would buy a season ticket because of a rumour in a paper.

I bought two season tickets when Gartside said Rivaldo was signing.
Clearly the lobotomy was successful.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I can imagine us not signing him, then when we're crap next season, everybody saying it's because we didn't sign him. Just like they would have done if we'd not signed Spearing, who's generally been poor.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Clearly the lobotomy was successful.

Yes, but I still outwit you on a daily basis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum